SaltyCajun.com http://www.matrixshad.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > Hunting Discussion

Hunting Discussion Discuss anything related to hunting here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-01-2012, 10:35 AM
Jabeaux's Avatar
Jabeaux Jabeaux is offline
Flounder
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Ragley
Posts: 63
Cash: 772
Default

I've shot at two deer with my bow. 1st kill was a 3pnt at 38 yds, then last year I missed a spike at 8 yds. That's right 8!!! Yds!!! Still ticked off at myself.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-03-2012, 11:05 AM
SHORT SHANK SHORT SHANK is offline
Trophy Trout
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Youngsville, La.
Posts: 250
Cash: 1,145
Default

88 days and a wakeup and I'll be sitting in a tree in Cuero, TX. I been slingin' arrows
since about 1986 and killed my first buck last year (spike). I've killed quite a few does because I got a habit of shooting the first thing that comes in range and I doubt that I'll ever change. As far as I'm concerned, any bowkill is a trophy. Good luck this year Bluechip and remember to follow through on your shot!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-03-2012, 11:11 AM
Bluechip's Avatar
Bluechip Bluechip is offline
The Camp Cook....
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Sulphur, La.
Posts: 10,295
Cash: 14,397
Default

Thanks SS.....I'm going to try and get with someone to watch me shoot and see where I can improve.

I'm an amateur but love slinging arrows.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-03-2012, 11:21 AM
jchief's Avatar
jchief jchief is offline
Calcasieu Extreme Rods
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Carlyss, America
Posts: 10,371
Cash: 13,837
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluechip View Post
Thanks SS.....I'm going to try and get with someone to watch me shoot and see where I can improve.

I'm an amateur but love slinging arrows.
Told ya to holla. Or come see my set up for rods and bring your bow
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-03-2012, 11:48 AM
Bluechip's Avatar
Bluechip Bluechip is offline
The Camp Cook....
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Sulphur, La.
Posts: 10,295
Cash: 14,397
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchief View Post
Told ya to holla. Or come see my set up for rods and bring your bow
I will.....
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-03-2012, 03:28 PM
wtretrievers's Avatar
wtretrievers wtretrievers is offline
Ling
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Central
Posts: 3,690
Cash: 2,627
Default

Here ya go
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341347265.017754.jpg (42.8 KB, 153 views)
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-03-2012, 06:24 PM
DWA's Avatar
DWA DWA is offline
Trophy Trout
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Opelousas
Posts: 267
Cash: 2,158
Default

Bow hunting is super addictive, especially after you kill a few. You won't want to hunt with your guns anymore.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-05-2012, 03:01 PM
huntin fool's Avatar
huntin fool huntin fool is offline
Great White
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 11,203
Cash: 2,002
Default

Bought my new rig the other day. Can't wait for season.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-05-2012, 03:32 PM
Bluechip's Avatar
Bluechip Bluechip is offline
The Camp Cook....
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Sulphur, La.
Posts: 10,295
Cash: 14,397
Default

What did you get?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-05-2012, 03:36 PM
Bluechip's Avatar
Bluechip Bluechip is offline
The Camp Cook....
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Sulphur, La.
Posts: 10,295
Cash: 14,397
Default

Here is my new rig....

Hoyt Extreme 32
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341520582.496563.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07-05-2012, 03:47 PM
huntin fool's Avatar
huntin fool huntin fool is offline
Great White
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 11,203
Cash: 2,002
Default

Bowtech/Diamond Razor Edge
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-07-2012, 10:21 AM
Canadian Black Bears's Avatar
Canadian Black Bears Canadian Black Bears is offline
Redfish
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Posts: 235
Cash: 444
Default Me too

I just purchased my first bow as well. A PSE Stinger, can't wait to start practicing. Thanks for all the great tips here. The bow will give me 5 extra weeks in deer season here and everyone tells me once you start you will never go back to rifle. Been real busy with son's wedding and things are just getting back to normal so time to get out and start practicing before I take the bow course in August. Some real nice pics here of some fine bucks.....gonna try and take this fat arse black bear with it in September.

Cheers and safe hunting everyone
Canadian Black Bear Outfitters
www.blackbearoutfitters.ca
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TEIR0056.jpg (111.8 KB, 109 views)
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-16-2012, 07:11 PM
Canadian Black Bears's Avatar
Canadian Black Bears Canadian Black Bears is offline
Redfish
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Posts: 235
Cash: 444
Cry This will never happen again

Well practicing has been going fairly well. My buddy and I practiced for a few hours and he showed me how to hold the bow; however, the first one I flung at the target...OMG , did it ever hurt..take a look at this love bite

Guaranteed, I will never do it again....practice makes perfect I hope
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_1715.jpg (44.3 KB, 90 views)
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-16-2012, 07:59 PM
BassAssasin's Avatar
BassAssasin BassAssasin is offline
King Mackeral
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: lafayette, la
Posts: 2,719
Cash: 1,599
Default

Ouch!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-16-2012, 09:04 PM
Bluechip's Avatar
Bluechip Bluechip is offline
The Camp Cook....
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Sulphur, La.
Posts: 10,295
Cash: 14,397
Default

Ouch....keep slinging them arrows...
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 07-17-2012, 01:38 AM
Gerald Gerald is offline
Sailfish
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lake Charles / Moss Bluff
Posts: 4,648
Cash: 4,282
Default

You have got to keep the wrist straight.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 07-17-2012, 06:02 PM
Canadian Black Bears's Avatar
Canadian Black Bears Canadian Black Bears is offline
Redfish
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Posts: 235
Cash: 444
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald View Post
You have got to keep the wrist straight.

Doin a lot better now with practice....trying to get an hour a day in and starting to get pretty good patterns, will send a pic next time out. Lesson was learned with the wrist, it will not happen again.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 08-03-2012, 12:08 PM
Canadian Black Bears's Avatar
Canadian Black Bears Canadian Black Bears is offline
Redfish
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Posts: 235
Cash: 444
Thumbs up Paying off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Black Bears View Post
Doin a lot better now with practice....trying to get an hour a day in and starting to get pretty good patterns, will send a pic next time out. Lesson was learned with the wrist, it will not happen again.
Practicing has been paying off finally, still have a ways to go as only slinging em out from 15 yards...board is taking a beating
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 102_1721.jpg (80.8 KB, 28 views)
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 08-03-2012, 12:11 PM
Feesherman Feesherman is offline
King Mackeral
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Moss Bluff
Posts: 2,658
Cash: 1,080
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Black Bears View Post
Practicing has been paying off finally, still have a ways to go as only slinging em out from 15 yards...board is taking a beating
Get you some spray paint and paint you some new and smaller dots on that target. Aim small, miss small!!
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 08-04-2012, 12:54 AM
Canadian Black Bears's Avatar
Canadian Black Bears Canadian Black Bears is offline
Redfish
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Posts: 235
Cash: 444
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feesherman View Post
Get you some spray paint and paint you some new and smaller dots on that target. Aim small, miss small!!
Will do, thanks
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:41 AM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007 - 2008, PixelFX Studios
SaltyCajun.com logo provided by Bryce Risher

All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted
Geo Visitors Map