SaltyCajun.com http://www.budnmarys.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 09-16-2009, 09:57 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 2,192
Default Are the insurance companys trying to give it to Obama???

I got a letter from Blue Cross/Blue Sheild today...........my monthly premium is going from 493 to 568 starting in November............70 bucks a month increase???? Are they NUTS??? I'm tired of this crap........I get this letter every year, I understand it needs to up a little from time to time, but 70 BUCKS???? That's alot of change folks.........ugh......They need to be able to sell insurance over state lines.......Bring in the competition, that's the only way for us small buisiness folks to stay afloat on this............Tim
Old 09-16-2009, 11:55 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,083

Health insurance has gone up about 1.1% per month since I've been an agent (Feb '99). You also change age brackets every 5th year and get a double whammy that year. This is one of the reasons I no longer sell health insurance. Your health insurance doesn't go up b/c of your claims like home and auto insurance can. It's hard to explain to someone who hasn't used thier health insurance at all over the past 5 years yet has gotten an increase each and every year. For what it's worth I have my health insurance with Blue Cross also and my premium has increased every year also. I will not be without health insurance.
Old 09-17-2009, 03:46 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,334

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dink View Post
I got a letter from Blue Cross/Blue Sheild today...........my monthly premium is going from 493 to 568 starting in November............70 bucks a month increase???? Are they NUTS??? I'm tired of this crap........I get this letter every year, I understand it needs to up a little from time to time, but 70 BUCKS???? That's alot of change folks.........ugh......They need to be able to sell insurance over state lines.......Bring in the competition, that's the only way for us small buisiness folks to stay afloat on this............Tim
Tim, there are so many variables involved in the animal we call health insurance. Your best bet is to get with your agent and discuss deductible and plan options. Yes I am an agent(since 2000) and might be able to explain the process if your current agent cannot or will not help you. PM me if you need help, I will not discuss over the internet.

Raymond