SaltyCajun.com http://www.gator-tail.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 11-08-2012, 02:38 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: -747,400

Defending your self from physical harm is one thing but being teased and made fun of and the lashing out or "standing up for yourself" will never be acceptable behavior. Be careful what you teach your kids. I've been picked on my whole life for small stature and people always try to intimidate me. But punching someone in the face for being teased is not the answer. It might take care of the bully du jour but what about when he goes to high school? College? 1st job? Don't think bullies stop in school, there are bullies well into their 40's and 50's. You can't punch everyone in the face your whole life. What you do with your brain will always be more important than what you do with your fists. Violence should always be a last resort.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:35 PM
Redfish

Cash: 900

Tell her to allways defend herself screw the system.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
Old 11-08-2012, 03:36 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,733

Happened to my son (private school). They said he did the right thing and were happy he beat the crap out of the school bully (in church). He was suspended only because the school has a ZERO tolerance policy period. He enjoyed the time off.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:56 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,022

It is kind of like when I worked in a prison.
The roughest guys in the block that really did some serious crimes pretty much kept to themselves unless provoked and took alot to get them going.
These guys knew they were in there for a long time and worked their way up the chain to fairly easy jobs. They didn't want to lose what they worked for.

Ones we had problems with were the short timers who came into the block mouthing off about how bad they were messing with these truly bad guys. When that happened we would turn away and let the old timers take care of the situation. After the short timer got his block knocked off things went pretty smooth.

Sad and you never want to advocate voilence, but most bullies will not learn until they are challenged.
Old 11-08-2012, 04:08 PM
Redfish

Cash: 780

bet if they still got paddled in school, half the crap that goes down in schools wouldn't happen! I just don't see how people have forgotten that when something hurts you, you don't mess with that something anymore, lesson learned. Like ol W&J says, it's the wussification of america that will be our downfall.
Old 11-08-2012, 04:20 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdunbar View Post
bet if they still got paddled in school, half the crap that goes down in schools wouldn't happen! I just don't see how people have forgotten that when something hurts you, you don't mess with that something anymore, lesson learned. Like ol W&J says, it's the wussification of america that will be our downfall.
I went to TH Watkins Elementary with Mr. Dyer as principal. Mrs. Kates was my 4th grade math teacher. One day I lied about doing my homework, and it was "Go into the hallway ... grab your ankles." After she tanned my hide, my attitude was properly adjusted.

There was a legend about the shoe Mr. Dyer used to spank disobedient students with, but no one had ever seen "Mr. Sole." That is until, I got into one too many fights on the playground. Mr. Sole and I then became personally acquainted, much to my benefit.

These disciplinary measures were only applied after multiple infractions and great restraint on the part of the school. I deserved every swat I got, and it was clear Mrs. Kates and Mr. Dyer were seeking my benefit.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:22 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,829

Thanks for all comments , it makes me feel a lil better also I showed her what was all posted and now she said I owe her a steak dinner, lol
Old 11-08-2012, 05:34 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: -189

I got suspended from high school for 5 days once cause a democrat was picking on the special Ed people and I told him if he doesn't stop I would put him through the glass window in the cafeteria behind him...he chose to throw his lunch at me and needless to say I spent the afternoon in amite la in tangipahoa parish jail and had to pay for the window...the democrat and myself got cut up a bit and he had a shattered orbital by time the teachers got outside to pull me off....the dude was literally slapping special Ed kids in the cafeteria I had to do something.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:41 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 5,366

growing up our schools didnt tolerate it either but when i got home my dad would ask me what happened and as long as i told the truth and dint start the fight he would tell me good job for breaking their nose , sometimes i wasnt always the innocent one though and id still tell him the truth and say i started it ... id get punished then.

when i have kids im gonna teach the the same way..dont let someone bully you and if they do you should stand up for yourself .
Old 11-08-2012, 05:43 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,864

I'll pitch in $10 for the steak dinner -- who's with me on this? PM me an address so I can send the money!

Any other takers with me?
Old 11-08-2012, 06:13 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaLatt View Post
I'll pitch in $10 for the steak dinner -- who's with me on this? PM me an address so I can send the money!

Any other takers with me?
I'm down! Country Boy, you got Paypal?

You have to stand up for yourself because, most of the time, you are the only one that will. I still commend this young lady!
Old 11-08-2012, 06:28 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,829

Lol. Thanks a lot guys but I can handle this btw she gets a big steak dinner once a week, appreciate it though.
Old 11-08-2012, 07:14 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,283

I've told my kids to always defend themselves....If they are taught to be passive and the aggressor lands one good lick...their lives could be changed forever or worse. Finish it and we'll deal with the consequences after the fact....On another note if I find out they started it then they would deal with me....