SaltyCajun.com http://www.boltonford.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 11-10-2012, 08:12 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 714

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathGeek View Post
Thanks, I googled it up and found two chemical engineer jobs. My engineering skills are more mechanical than chemical, and I've also worked as an RF test engineer and done a lot of programming and instrumentation work. I don't think I'm a viable candidate as a chemical engineer, but I appreciate the lead and it's always a good idea to visit a big employer's web site to get a feel for regional opportunities. Westlake Chemical seems like it would be a great place to work.
Man I am on a big project right now in Geismar La and CDI is the engineering firm that designed the plant we are building. You may want to look them up and also look up CBI. That is the company that purchased Shaw and we hear they will also have a lot of work coming up all around La this coming year. They have a big engineering group. Both companies are mechanical.
Old 11-10-2012, 08:29 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 2,464

Check Indeed.com, there has been several engineer jobs list in the Lake Charles/ Sulphur area at the plants..... you can also move to this area and work in Orange, Port Arthur and Beaumont area plants.
Old 11-10-2012, 08:32 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

Thanks everyone, I've spent many hours following up the suggested leads, and many of the leads are solid. My wife has also found a few solid opportunities in the mix. Hopefully, it won't be long until we're seeing y'all regularly at Calcasieu Point and out and about big lake and LC.