SaltyCajun.com http://k2-coolers.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 01-04-2013, 03:59 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,271

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray View Post
I used him(Singer) in Metry about 10 years or so ago, he was off of I-10 and Clearview, in a medical center. He gave me a valium to make me not give a ****, then put numbing drops and antibiotic drops in.
Few min. later, he hauled me back, put something on my eyes that made me see black, then did it.
Took a sleeping pill and went across the street to a hotel I rented. Slept till morning and drove to Lake Charles.
I had to sleep with some goggles on the first night, so I wouldn't rub my eyes in my sleep.
I had to use drops for a couple days to prevent any infection.
Couple weeks later, I got some weed killer in my eyes. Went to Lady of the Lake in B.R. and the ER doctor said he couldn't tell I had it.
I have zero issues. Cost was around $1200 or $1400 back then. He had already done over 10,000 surgeries when I had mine.
He also does catarac surgery.
He is not an eye doctor that checks eyes for glasses and contacts. He is an eye surgeon.
good info Ray! I'm definitely leaning toward choosing this guy. I plan on setting everything up, and if I qualify, I will schedule with him hopefully before the summer. Thanks again, this was exactly the kind of info I was hoping to get.
Old 01-04-2013, 04:18 PM
Flounder

Cash: 734

My wife and I both had ours done in 2003 and my son in 2009. We all went to eye care and surgery center in baton rouge. (eyecaresurgerycenterbr.com) We have no regrets and no issues today with dryness or anything else. (other than old age) The website shows Dr. Jeff Singer as one of the doctors, if that's who you are leaning towards.
Old 01-04-2013, 04:25 PM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajun_poboy View Post
My wife and I both had ours done in 2003 and my son in 2009. We all went to eye care and surgery center in baton rouge. (eyecaresurgerycenterbr.com) We have no regrets and no issues today with dryness or anything else. (other than old age) The website shows Dr. Jeff Singer as one of the doctors, if that's who you are leaning towards.

Awesome! Thanks, I am leaning that way.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:11 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 942

I also had it done by Dr Singer in Lafayette about 4 years ago and have never regretted it. I never had any problems. It completely corrected my vision. Now I only have to wear glasses for reading which is normal for anyone my age.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:25 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 619

I had it done by Dr Singer last Christmas. It has been great. The only drawback for me is that sometimes when I have had too much to drink I try to remove my contacts!
Old 01-05-2013, 09:13 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,535

I had it done in Baton Rouge. Best money I ever spent.
Old 01-05-2013, 09:26 AM
Redfish

Cash: 861

My wife had it done about 15 years ago. Simply amazing. Dry eyes for a little while after surgery and that is it. Still going great 15 years later. I'll never forget sitting in the room outside of her surgery which had glass walls as it was, but they I watched her surgery on large TV screen. My 15 yr old daughter wears contacts and I would like to get it for her as soon as she is eligible.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:12 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 680

VA Hospital in Alexandria. No problems. About $150. 3 visits at 50 bucks each. I have really good long distance site. I work on circuit boards so the 2x cheaters are a must for close up work and 1.5's for reading. But I can duck hunt in the rain and not wipe off the glasses every minute. No more foggy glasses on the deer stand. Go for it, you won't regret it. It does take a few days for the eyes to heal. It burns and itches for a couple of days, but you have to remember, you had surgery on them. Do what the doctor says & It'll be good.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:55 PM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUACKHEAD View Post
VA Hospital in Alexandria. No problems. About $150. 3 visits at 50 bucks each. I have really good long distance site. I work on circuit boards so the 2x cheaters are a must for close up work and 1.5's for reading. But I can duck hunt in the rain and not wipe off the glasses every minute. No more foggy glasses on the deer stand. Go for it, you won't regret it. It does take a few days for the eyes to heal. It burns and itches for a couple of days, but you have to remember, you had surgery on them. Do what the doctor says & It'll be good.
Yeah, I am having it done as soon as my current supply of contacts run out. I'd like to thank all of you for what you have provided. It really gave me the confidence in the technology and doctors that I needed. So thanks guys, once again y'all prove how good of a site this is. I look forward to seeing y'all in the outdoors...without glasses or contacts on haha
Old 01-08-2013, 10:35 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,383

Had Lasik done about 2004 in BR with Dr. Hebert. Had the personnal maping done on one eye that had stigmatizim(sp?). Two days later had 20/20 vision from both eyes. To date still have 20/20. Money spent was well worth it.