SaltyCajun.com http://www.matrixshad.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 07-25-2013, 08:27 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,454
Default Grand Isle Report

About to head out from Grand Isle...

For the 3 days we were here the tide was up in the mornings and down in the late evenings. Water Visibility was less than 12" most of the time.

Monday I tried surf fishing in the morning on the east side of the island but with the high tide it was tough getting out there far enough with the 2-3' breakers coming in on me.

I launched my boat in the marsh that day and had no luck staying out of the wind... had a tough time getting my boat back on the trailer too.

Ended up cast netting for some live mullet out of that marsh and put them to work that evening near the jetties by our camp. Caught 7 or 8 trout that evening but did not keep anything.

Tuesday I went back to the jetties that morning but didn't catch anything... That evening I was more prepared and ended up keeping 3 fish and losing another nice one trying to get him on stringer... caught another 8 or 9 throw backs. Tried live cocahoes and live mullet but I ended up catching all of these on Glow/Chart Jerk Jr... There was another guy near me that was fishing Vudu under a cork... he didn't catch as many as I did but almost all of his were keepers.

A buddy from our other camp went out with his brother and his son and Tuesday evening in a bigger boat and ended up with 11 trout fishing the north side of the pass between Elmers and GI.

Wednesday the wind was supposed to lay down so I launched the boat that morning and attempted to fish the bay. Fished a few sets of birds east of the bridge but caught all small ones... Tried a few places out of the wind but only ended up with 1 keeper. Fished the washout going into Elmer's Island bay with no luck.

Went back to the Jetties Wed. evening and caught another 10-12 smallish trout... Vudu under cork and Glow/Chart Jerk Jr.

They seemed to be at the jetties a few hours before low tide each evening. The wind was pretty strong (15-20mph) pretty much the whole time we were here.

Overall I had a great time for my first time here and I'll definitely be coming back.

Picture of the area I was wade fishing and I did snap one pic of the 3 keepers from Tuesday evening.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0745.jpg (36.4 KB, 326 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0746.jpg (81.1 KB, 326 views)
Old 07-25-2013, 08:44 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 5,633
Default fun

you caught a few fish and had a great time, that is what it is all about, thanks for the report, what camp did you rent out there
Old 07-25-2013, 08:49 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 918

Yes sir the important thing is that you enjoyed it.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:31 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 974

Thanks for the report! Glad to see you got some keepers. Damn wind is unrelenting this year.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:52 AM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfighter View Post
you caught a few fish and had a great time, that is what it is all about, thanks for the report, what camp did you rent out there
My company has 2 camps right behind Bridgeside for employee use ... They are the 2 Blue Metal Roof camps the farthest Southwest on the island.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:56 AM
Ling

Cash: 1,338

I thought bridge side owned those camps? Camp Renee and camp Robert?
Old 07-25-2013, 10:02 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 5,633
Default cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggoh View Post
My company has 2 camps right behind Bridgeside for employee use ... They are the 2 Blue Metal Roof camps the farthest Southwest on the island.

that's awesome, we rented a camp right across the parking area from there on the beach, we wade fished by the jetties one time while we were there and didn't catch anything, but we avoided the spot cause the boats were stacked right there most of the time, there were boats and people mixed in the water around that jettie, it was insane
Old 07-25-2013, 12:16 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF_T_Warren View Post
I thought bridge side owned those camps? Camp Renee and camp Robert?
Our big camp is on the west side of the road across the street from Camp Renee and camp Robert... Then there are 2 empty lots with a bunch of pilings and then our smaller camp

Sent from my iOS using Tapatalk 2
Old 07-27-2013, 10:11 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 748

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggoh View Post
I'm jealous. The billion dollar company I work for would never do something like that.