SaltyCajun.com http://www.gclendingservices.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 08-21-2013, 03:17 PM
Redfish

Cash: 729
Default Destin FL Charter

My wife and I are taking a vacation in Destin in a few weeks and are looking at group fishing charters. The group charter seems like the way to go since it will just be the two of us. The ones I have looked at online are 6 to 15 people and you book in advanced. Anybody have any recommendations for this type of charter in Destin?

I also looked at the "party boats", but I don't think it they will be of very high quality given some back 50 people on a boat.
Old 08-21-2013, 03:31 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 10,458

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb7722 View Post
My wife and I are taking a vacation in Destin in a few weeks and are looking at group fishing charters. The group charter seems like the way to go since it will just be the two of us. The ones I have looked at online are 6 to 15 people and you book in advanced. Anybody have any recommendations for this type of charter in Destin?

I also looked at the "party boats", but I don't think it they will be of very high quality given some back 50 people on a boat.
I have done both with Olin Marlers charters and I preferred the party boat because it was much cheaper and was only 27 people,and some of them were children and did not feel crowded at all.I have always fished with these guys when Red snapper season was open in federal waters so I don't know what they do now but I have been with them every year for the last 10 years and have been totally satisfied.
Old 08-21-2013, 06:34 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,657

I have had great trips on the constant threat...it is behind AJ's restaurant. They own it.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:08 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 5,366

Mother lode or vengeance
Old 08-21-2013, 08:32 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,261

I have only been on the group trips and have had fun every time. All of the charter boats from my experience use the same strategy to target snapper. They run to piles of sunken crab traps and usually can fill the box on the first stop but choose not to to prolong the trip to 4 hrs. On the way in and out they will troll for some king macs, occasionally hooking up one. On one trip we filled our limit of snapper real quick and i requested trying for grouper and was able to land one about 30 lbs.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:17 AM
Redfish

Cash: 729

Thanks for the replies everyone!
Old 08-26-2013, 09:43 AM
Redfish

Cash: 3,000
Default Charter

I go quite often and have used the same Captain Harold Staples. His boat is the Al-Lin. He is a great captain and fisherman. His contact # is 850-837-8615. His boat takes 6. I have never been dissapointed. If you do at least an 8hr trip he can hit more deep reefs to catch grouper and AJ's. Your snapper limit will come too quiclky and easily. However from what I know the entier fleet at the Destin Fishing Fleet Marina are top notch.