SaltyCajun.com https://www.facebook.com/CajunTackle

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 09-03-2013, 04:43 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,103
Default Burns Point

Decided today was the day for a vacation, put in at Burns point, headed out to Rabbit, nothing gaff tops thick. Headed to Nickel for next stop worked the whole length of reef gaff tops thick. Jsut could not give up on the Nickel stayed a little longer and several more moves nothing, not trout. Headed to a reef just out side Bayou LeBlanc, nothing but Gaff Top and snagged a crab trap, you can walk on those things out there. Headed to Marsh Island east end, now we finally put one rat red in the boat, and some more hard heads. Shot back to over to Jackson Bayou, then the Wall. We pulled the plug and headed in at around 12:45, 48 miles rouind trip, burned 11.9 gallons of fuel and not fish in the box, was a complete skunk for me.
Where are the trout are they on the move? Sure were not on the reefs.
Will give it a shot again this weekend and maybe just try to catch a red or two. Will stay in Vbay and prob hit Marsh Island.
Old 09-03-2013, 04:58 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,958

Tough trip man. On the days we used to hit the nickel and couldn't get on a bite, we would work our way out to EI. There are some good platforms in the 20 and 30 block, without having to make that long run to 51 and 74 (or what's left of 51 and 74).
Old 09-03-2013, 06:19 PM
Great White

Cash: 2,738

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmtfish View Post
Tough trip man. On the days we used to hit the nickel and couldn't get on a bite, we would work our way out to EI. There are some good platforms in the 20 and 30 block, without having to make that long run to 51 and 74 (or what's left of 51 and 74).
From what I hear 51 and 74 are gone...I have not been out there in atleast 4 years.
Old 09-03-2013, 06:24 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montauk17 View Post
From what I hear 51 and 74 are gone...I have not been out there in atleast 4 years.
Yeah, that's what I heard as well, but have not been in about 3 yrs. Some of the better SMI rigs are gone too.
Old 09-03-2013, 06:35 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montauk17 View Post
Can't count how many times we burned the trout up in the 20-30 block. Used to watch boats roll by to 51 and 74. If I remember right it was block 26, but would have to look at a map or my old handheld gps to confirm.
Old 09-03-2013, 08:38 PM
Ling

Cash: 4,308

Rough trip bud. Usually a lot of trout start transitioning during August and early sept. You may get on them one day, and go there the next to find them gone. course I think v.b is like that most of the time.lol I would think there is still a good number out at the rigs. Just give it a few weeks and you wont have to go far