SaltyCajun.com https://www.facebook.com/CajunTackle

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 09-10-2013, 08:06 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,542

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman1911 View Post
A lot could have gone wrong but it didnt. A lot could go wrong for all of us but thats no reason to stay home. Im sure she wouldnt have grabbed the rod or would have givin up the rod if she thought there was an issue. Women are tough. Even the pregnant ones. Prolly more so than any. No need to monday morning quarterback now. Good for her is what I say.
Couldn't have said it better myself! Was it the smartest thing to do? Maybe not, but it was her decision and she had an experience I would love to have...... Minus the pregnant part of course.

All I know is when my wife was 5 months pregnant we went on her aunts dive boat in the Keys for a few snorkeling trips and she sure couldn't take it. Ol girl is a trooper for sure.
Old 09-10-2013, 08:21 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,488

All these guys on here bashing a woman who went fishing 8 mos pregnant. I get so PO'd at people that freak out over a woman having a baby. "Hurry, call 911 - she's going into labor", or "Don't let her walk too far, she's pregnant". Geez people, women have been giving birth for hundreds of years, w/o any help. It is nature! As a paramedicm, I delivered a total of 11. How many times did I have a baby in distress........ ONE! And if the mom would not have been a crack head, then those problems would not have been present.

Congradulate the woman and move on! I know a woman that runs a CrossFit business that could kick my azz when she was 8 months pregnant.
Old 09-10-2013, 08:25 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 460

[QUOTE=Finfeatherfur;625768]All these guys on here bashing a woman who went fishing 8 mos pregnant. I get so PO'd at people that freak out over a woman having a baby. "Hurry, call 911 - she's going into labor", or "Don't let her walk too far, she's pregnant". Geez people, women have been giving birth for hundreds of years, w/o any help. It is nature! As a paramedicm, I delivered a total of 11. How many times did I have a baby in distress........ ONE! And if the mom would not have been a crack head, then those problems would not have been present.

Congradulate the woman and move on! I know a woman that runs a CrossFit business that could kick my azz when she was 8 months pregnant.[

Out of the 2 kids I have. My wife's first one in labor umbilical cord wrapped around her neck and they had to do an emergency section before they baby suffered brain damage. Just saying 50 miles offshore is not somewhere I would want my wife in case something like that happened. Not fair to the baby. But everyone has their own opinion and this is just mine.
Old 09-10-2013, 08:44 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

she is so salt life her babies placenta is Gulp juice

Billions of babies have been born in the world not in a hospital. Probably several on boats too. Seems like they were prepared for whatever. If she had given birth and had a picture of her holding a baby and a swordfish, that would have been a cool story
Old 09-10-2013, 06:18 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

I dont understand all the "could have" thinking. I could have won the power ball the last time I bought a ticket but I didnt so I went back to work the next day. She is on her way to hopefully having a happy, healthy, beautiful baby and will have one hell of a story to tell that baby. Not trying to sound rude just dont understand the condemnation of a problem that never existed. We have all pushed our personal envelopes before. Im new to saltwater fishing and scared $$itless of sharks. That doesnt keep me from wading out though. I dont want my last thought in life to be "I was so worried about dying that I forgot to live"
Old 09-10-2013, 08:51 PM
Redfish

Cash: 750

Hannah has heard it all.. All that matters is she's alive
& doing well & so is that baby!
Old 09-10-2013, 08:54 PM
Sailfish

Well congrats to mom and dad and their new baby. May God bless and keep them safe.
Old 09-10-2013, 09:39 PM
Redfish

Cash: 683

IMO, that boat would be one of the best places to go into labor. got all the tools right there...knives, gig, fishing line and hooks for stitching, a net and the ice chest would make a perfect bassinet for the lil critter.

just joking of course LOL
Old 09-10-2013, 09:45 PM
Sailfish

Old 09-11-2013, 11:36 AM
Redfish

Cash: 809

Women would drop a baby in a rice field and keep picking rice in Asia. It is all about the health of the mother and the baby....OB doctors tell expecting mothers all the time....do what you normally do, unless there are complications....If a person fishes all the time, then it is fine...if they crossfit all the time, then its fine....Trust me, if that baby wants to come out for any reason, its coming....in Wal-Mart, 50 miles offshore, in a plane....wherever....and its not that big of a deal...it's nature. just not in my truck and we are good.