SaltyCajun.com lake Area Marine

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 10-31-2013, 03:29 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 834

Bite the bullet and pay for the machine and studies. Or sell some stuff to pay for it. I have one for 7 years and crave it each night. It travels everywhere with me. Seriously, people die from sleep apnea. During my sleep study, I stopped breathing almost 30 times that night. Once for over a minute. The money you spend now will be peanuts for quality or life you gain. I also went from a nasal mask to nasal pillows to a full face, which I use now.
Old 11-01-2013, 08:44 AM
Flounder

Cash: 736

exercise regularly and overweight should not be in the same sentence. You need to redefine exercise, and maybe looking at your overall eating habits. Normally, it wouldnt matter to me what kind of shape u are in but when it leads to health problems, it should be addressed.
Old 11-01-2013, 10:01 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samarai View Post
exercise regularly and overweight should not be in the same sentence. You need to redefine exercise, and maybe looking at your overall eating habits. Normally, it wouldnt matter to me what kind of shape u are in but when it leads to health problems, it should be addressed.
Agree. Keep in mind that you can eat healthy foods and still be overweight, eating more calories of lettuce than your body burns will create a deficit that will allow you to be overweight. It's an exaggeration, but holds true to paint the picture.

If you have a weekly consumption deficit of 500 calories more than you are burning, then those calaories will be stored as fat to be used as energy later on. There are 3500 calories in a pound of fat, so every 7 weeks would equal an extra pound of useless energy stored as fat.

Say your body burns about 1800 calories a day naturally, you consume 2500 a day and burn an average of 500 a day excercising... That's still a deficit of 200 calories a day being out away as fat. In reality, 2500 calories a day is very easy to consume considering how we eat and drink around here, 500 calories a day is very hard to burn and chances are you don't do that every day of the week, and to too it off the 1800 a day naturally used by your body is probably very close to reality.

Diet is huge in achieving and maintaining your goals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-01-2013, 10:03 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goooh View Post
Agree. Keep in mind that you can eat healthy foods and still be overweight, eating more calories of lettuce than your body burns will create a deficit that will allow you to be overweight. It's an exaggeration, but holds true to paint the picture.

If you have a weekly consumption deficit of 500 calories more than you are burning, then those calaories will be stored as fat to be used as energy later on. There are 3500 calories in a pound of fat, so every 7 weeks would equal an extra pound of useless energy stored as fat.

Say your body burns about 1800 calories a day naturally, you consume 2500 a day and burn an average of 500 a day excercising... That's still a deficit of 200 calories a day being out away as fat. In reality, 2500 calories a day is very easy to consume considering how we eat and drink around here, 500 calories a day is very hard to burn and chances are you don't do that every day of the week, and to too it off the 1800 a day naturally used by your body is probably very close to reality.

Diet is huge in achieving and maintaining your goals.

At the rate in my last paragraph, which is hard exercise 7 days a week and a modest diet, you would pack on more than a pound of fat every month.....

Old 11-01-2013, 10:19 AM
Great White

Cash: 2,534

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samarai View Post

im 6'6" and 330

Im a firefighter and work in an office also. I walk an average of 4 miles per day. I lift weights (not in a gym) on a weekly basis. Im no health freak by any means.
Old 11-01-2013, 11:29 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,502

You got any good stories to tell about what that Ambien does to you .. I've heard that stuff will make you do some crazy stuff
Old 11-01-2013, 02:06 PM
Great White

there is alot of things that i dont remember doing that other people tell me i have done. Most of which I think arent true.... I (Against dr's orders) have halved my perscription to cut back. Going to let Dr know to take me off in 3 more months.

If you take it on an empty stomach, be close to a bed because your going lights out QUICK. If you eat, then take it... it takes a few hrs to kick in.

Never had any nightmares or thoughts of suicide or killing anyone if thats what your asking.
Old 11-01-2013, 03:06 PM
Tripletail

I know of 2 episodes from Ambien

The first is a buddy that is a marine and was serving in Afganistan, and taking Ambien to help sleep .. When he woke up he had his gun to his bunkmates head, he said he was dreaming he was in a duel with John Wayne

The second is a buddy that I work with .. We were at work one night and he hadn't slept in something like 3 straight days .. So he took an Ambien to try to get some sleep (at the beginning of the shift, I guess he was planning on sleeping at work) and he started hallucinating ... He was seeing dwarfs all over the plant, he said they were crawling up and down the buildings and running across the road and several other things!!
Old 11-01-2013, 03:56 PM
Great White

aint seen or done anything like that. One of my fellow team mates on the fire squad said i drove a fire truck to the scene of a fire with my t-shirt and boxers on. He likes to play jokes. I asked another guy and he said they never had a fire, so I think he was messin' with me. I'm telling ya, that ambien can take an elephant down for 8 hrs.... its powerful stuff. I feel like i sleep too hard some nights.
Old 11-01-2013, 04:08 PM
Ling

Cash: 5,600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msucowpoke51 View Post
I know of 2 episodes from Ambien

The first is a buddy that is a marine and was serving in Afganistan, and taking Ambien to help sleep .. When he woke up he had his gun to his bunkmates head, he said he was dreaming he was in a duel with John Wayne

The second is a buddy that I work with .. We were at work one night and he hadn't slept in something like 3 straight days .. So he took an Ambien to try to get some sleep (at the beginning of the shift, I guess he was planning on sleeping at work) and he started hallucinating ... He was seeing dwarfs all over the plant, he said they were crawling up and down the buildings and running across the road and several other things!!
And don't forget. It's perfectly legal and encouraged.

Old 11-01-2013, 05:07 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clampy View Post
And don't forget. It's perfectly legal and encouraged.

yea you right lol
Old 11-01-2013, 05:15 PM
Ling

Cash: 5,600

My grandmother wakes up in the kitchen on the reg. Also said she sees monsters before falling asleep. It's a damn Shame these doctors over prescribe everything. " oh this pill doesn't work .. Take this one make that one work better .... What's that you say it gave explosive bowels then take this one .... " there seem to be very few real doctors left. They are going the way of the mechanic. Try bringing your truck in for anything and I bet you get this response. " sorry we couldn't recreate the problem " or " our computer doesn't tell us what's wrong "
Well what does your brain say ?!?!

Old 11-01-2013, 05:26 PM
Great White

I was put on the highest dose of ambien and took it at 8pm on a friday night. I "woke up" sunday afternoon. My GF said i had been up all day saturday doing small chores around the house (mowing grass and fixing chicken pen, cooking dinner, etc). Dont remember a thing of that. I never drove (Thank god).

Went back to Dr Monday morning and told him i wanted off of it, he gave me lowest dose and I still break them in half to get a good night's rest. If i take a whole pill, i sleep for 10+ hrs.
Old 11-04-2013, 03:00 PM
Flounder

Cash: 736

330, even at 6'6 your ideal BW should be around 220-230. the problem is most of that weight is around the gut which exudes enormous pressures on your body cavity. Good luck with whatever u do. Sleep is something you shouldnt be deprived of cause it affects all aspects of your life. Fortunately, I have never had that problem. I sleep as soon as I hit the bed.
Old 11-04-2013, 03:26 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,596

I used to be on ambien a while back. I didn't like it got off it and now I look back. It was the best the Desision I've ever made

"Go ahead, share your opinion! I won't cry"
Old 11-04-2013, 03:43 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 764

I have always been interested in sleep patterns and such.

I have always had extreme cases of sleep walking. But I have never seen a doctor about it because to be honest I sleep great. When I wake up, I feel energetic and never have problems sleeping.

But the wife tells me these stories about how I go through the house clearing rooms with my shotgun and kicking through doors and about once a month I wake up outside in the middle of a rice field. I think its hilarious, but my wife has since takin all the bullets and shells to my gun and put them on her side of the bed. Once she determines if I am actually awake she will then hand them over.

I once woke up 3 miles from my house, that was scary as $hit, you have no idea of how you got there or where you are.

I seriously think it is a direct reflection to my dreaming. Most people can't remember their most recent dream, I can remember 7 to 10 different dreams a night. I wish I knew more about the subject of matter.

Sorry for the Hijack.
Old 11-04-2013, 05:49 PM
Great White

No Hijack at all, this is a serious problem. Im trying different routes before I go the CPAP machine route...
Old 11-04-2013, 05:54 PM
Calcasieu Extreme Rods

Cash: 13,352

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Back View Post
I have always been interested in sleep patterns and such.

I have always had extreme cases of sleep walking. But I have never seen a doctor about it because to be honest I sleep great. When I wake up, I feel energetic and never have problems sleeping.

But the wife tells me these stories about how I go through the house clearing rooms with my shotgun and kicking through doors and about once a month I wake up outside in the middle of a rice field. I think its hilarious, but my wife has since takin all the bullets and shells to my gun and put them on her side of the bed. Once she determines if I am actually awake she will then hand them over.

I once woke up 3 miles from my house, that was scary as $hit, you have no idea of how you got there or where you are.

I seriously think it is a direct reflection to my dreaming. Most people can't remember their most recent dream, I can remember 7 to 10 different dreams a night. I wish I knew more about the subject of matter.

Sorry for the Hijack.
I would see a doctor or get with duckman and have your wife learn to tie knots.

Seriously, you could put yourself in extreme danger.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Old 11-04-2013, 06:21 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,596

No kidding! Dude that's very serious

"Go ahead, share your opinion! I won't cry"