SaltyCajun.com http://www.matrixshad.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 12-02-2013, 09:02 PM
Redfish

Cash: 7,058
Default Dularge Destruction 11/29 - 12/2 Friday-Monday

I know everyone is in hunting mode right now but the fishing is absolutely incredible down in Bayou Dularge, Louisiana! If you can get away during the week I have some days available! 225-776-9820

Friday after Thanksgiving something weird happened to the water levels...there were no strong north winds or extremely low tide levels, but for whatever reason the water disappeared. No problem as I knew the reds would be stacked up! Turns out I was right! I found a canal deep inside the marsh that revealed its mud banks along with derelict crab traps and clam shells. It was almost unfair fishing because the reds had nowhere to hide! I had Brett Voisin along with his dad and two girls, ages 10 and 15. They had never experienced catching like it was that day. No shrimp needed! The reds ate up their High Life Tackle swim baits, in both Gold Tiger and Blue Tiger colors. We had our limit rather quickly so they played catch and release til noon. Thanks to Capt. Marty LaCoste for setting up the trip!

Saturday was a scouting mission for trout, but with the 44 degree water temps, they were hard to find. Plan B went into effect and many reds were spared by the tag and release method!

Sunday was a complete game changer. The trout were on a binge! I made an afternoon trip from 12:00 - 3:00 and stroked 'em! The water had warmed up and the fish were out of their holes up on the oyster reefs. We ended with an easy 75.

Monday I jumped on the boat with Capt. Tommy Pellegrin and Capt. Dennis Marshall knowing we would destroy the trout quickly. First drop of the power pole had our rods bent in every direction. Oddly enough, most of the early morning fish were undersized? No problem, a short move across the reef and we found the nest. Every cast as soon as the Cocodrie Cacahoes touched the water....the awesome feel of that thump....man it just don't get no better! At 9:30 a.m., number 75 caught a headache as it bounced onto the rest of the dead soldiers, cooling and awaiting the blades of the American Angler.
Old 12-02-2013, 09:09 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,322

Nice haul!!!!