SaltyCajun.com http://www.lmcboats.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 12-31-2013, 11:41 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,486

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman1911 View Post
You would have to know this guy. A joke is above his IQ level. It takes all the brain power he can muster just to follow his push broom. I know that sounds bad but its the truth.
All the more reason to ignore.
Old 12-31-2013, 11:43 AM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobo23 View Post
That's funny. I give fish away a lot and it's always cleaned but that's a lame question.

Kind of like when you invite a buddy to go fishing and he asks if they are biting.....really? C'mon dude, can't we just go fishing.
That's my favorite. As soon as I hear that I try to change the subject.
Old 12-31-2013, 12:04 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,717

One of the best I've ever heard!
Year before last I installed a French door unit in a officers house all the way up until the day before Christmas Eve, witch is unheard of for me. I wait all year for the last week of dec, and the first two weeks of January for ducks and bucks.
He was pushy and needed it done before Christmas, soo I granted him his wish and figured I did his family a favor working on my vacation time to get it done for there christmas dinner.
When the job was completed he handed me my check and said,

Him: you killin them ducks?

Me: yes sir I'm killing ducks.

Him: well the only way you can cash that check, is if you clean me 6-8 of them ducks next time whole. I got sum family across the lake that wants them! You know plucked clean,ALL RITE!

Me: well sir see my ducks are already spoken for, but I'll keep u n mind!

My blood pressure was boiling, had he not been in law , and a fat check been in my hand headed for my bank, well lets just say I'm a better man today for what I didn't do!

Sum people's children! Lol
Old 12-31-2013, 12:20 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wide Open View Post
One of the best I've ever heard!
Year before last I installed a French door unit in a officers house all the way up until the day before Christmas Eve, witch is unheard of for me. I wait all year for the last week of dec, and the first two weeks of January for ducks and bucks.
He was pushy and needed it done before Christmas, soo I granted him his wish and figured I did his family a favor working on my vacation time to get it done for there christmas dinner.
When the job was completed he handed me my check and said,

Him: you killin them ducks?

Me: yes sir I'm killing ducks.

Him: well the only way you can cash that check, is if you clean me 6-8 of them ducks next time whole. I got sum family across the lake that wants them! You know plucked clean,ALL RITE!

Me: well sir see my ducks are already spoken for, but I'll keep u n mind!

My blood pressure was boiling, had he not been in law , and a fat check been in my hand headed for my bank, well lets just say I'm a better man today for what I didn't do!

Sum people's children! Lol
Sounds like something my father inlaw would. Some folks got some ballz
Old 12-31-2013, 12:41 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,917

Funny how many people will ask for game when they find out you are hunting it...Had probably 5 people ask me for deer jerky/sausage when they found out I was deer hunting. They just don't realize the time/effort/money that goes into killing and processing.
Old 12-31-2013, 12:50 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,717

Just thought of another!
2 nights ago my mother in laws friend comes in my house takes one look at all my mounts and says

Her: why don't u sell me one of those antler thingys, you got enough of em!

She was pointing to the most miserable of all, but most memorable, and happened to be the very first buck I shot with my bow, in full velvet @ that!

I took it with a grain of salt until she said

Her: can't be worth too much, huh? How much for that one?

My ole'lady could see and feel the tension and says

My ole/young'lady: Let's get out of his hair and go in the other room!

Crickets:crickets:crickets!

I must have missed the cheap deer antler mounts forsale sign in my front yard!!!

And I'd gladly give that very mount to a less fortunate individual who would appr. As much as I have since the day it was taken!

Sum people's children!
Old 12-31-2013, 01:57 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

I like when my FIL invites me to a crawfish boil at his house, and tells me to bring a sack for me and his daughter. He only tells me and my family to bring our own, all his friends show up and eat for free - not on my sack though, cuz I don't go.
Old 12-31-2013, 02:59 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,103

When I get this, my reply is "if they cleaned I keep"
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman1911 View Post
The "are they cleaned" line is a classic.
Old 12-31-2013, 03:45 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goooh View Post
I like when my FIL invites me to a crawfish boil at his house, and tells me to bring a sack for me and his daughter. He only tells me and my family to bring our own, all his friends show up and eat for free - not on my sack though, cuz I don't go.
My FIL can be like that too. I try not to go to any of his gatherings with his other friends. I do my own thing at our house. They get invited and if they wana come good. If not, I couldnt care less.
Old 12-31-2013, 04:07 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

I don't mind people asking, as long as they are OK with any possible answer, No being as acceptable as Yes.

I'd hate for God to judge me for asking requests of him, because I judge people for asking requests of me. I bet some of my requests of God in heaven have been more outrageous than any man's request of me.
Old 12-31-2013, 04:38 PM
Sailfish

If someone says to me " if you have any extra I would love to have some" thats fine and I will be sure that I prepare a bag for them. Its the "when you gona give me somemore fish" attitude that gets under my skin. I just want to look at them and say "when ya gona catch your own damn fish".
Old 12-31-2013, 04:44 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

I'd probably invite them fishing.
Old 12-31-2013, 06:04 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,855

Worst place to share outdoor doings. They come to expect everytime; if there's a crew cookout they feel like u know who has always the main entre just waiting to be cooked. Don't feel distraught at co- workers gall of expectance ;now das an A-Hole taking for granted that there part is bringing the paper plates and plastic fork's. OK I quess I got carried away, but U are not alone in the way your of feelings.
Old 12-31-2013, 07:45 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 556

Quote:
Originally Posted by yigodiver View Post
When I get this, my reply is "if they cleaned I keep"
THIS ^^^^^^^
Old 12-31-2013, 08:59 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will"E"Fish View Post
Worst place to share outdoor doings. They come to expect everytime; if there's a crew cookout they feel like u know who has always the main entre just waiting to be cooked. Don't feel distraught at co- workers gall of expectance ;now das an A-Hole taking for granted that there part is bringing the paper plates and plastic fork's. OK I quess I got carried away, but U are not alone in the way your of feelings.
Drunk
Old 12-31-2013, 11:31 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,542

The one that gets me the most is when we cook at my old mans shop for the employees, and my grandpa takes it upon himself to call every one of his friends to come eat just before lunch time. It always ends up to where me, my dad, and my brother don't have any food left to eat. After my dad charged them for a plate, they quit showing up.