SaltyCajun.com http://redtunashirtclub.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 02-14-2014, 09:06 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 560
Default Extras for Wildlife Rescue

Thought i'd share this post from Lake Area Animal Hospital. I'm sure any wildlife refuge could use some extras though! I haven't donated anything yet, but plan on keeping a few extras next time I get the chance.
"Heckhaven Wildlife Rescue is in desperate need of Fish. Live, dead, frozen, or even pieces. They ask for any size, but no catfish. They have recovering Pelicans, Ospreys, Otters, Racoons, Bobcats, Hawks, Owls, and a Fox- that all eat fish daily. They will also take previous years frozen ducks, geese, or deer meat if you have some to be thrown out. Please call 477-6129 if you can help. And please share to help spread the word!
Old 02-15-2014, 02:31 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,182

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Cajun View Post
Thought i'd share this post from Lake Area Animal Hospital. I'm sure any wildlife refuge could use some extras though! I haven't donated anything yet, but plan on keeping a few extras next time I get the chance.
"Heckhaven Wildlife Rescue is in desperate need of Fish. Live, dead, frozen, or even pieces. They ask for any size, but no catfish. They have recovering Pelicans, Ospreys, Otters, Racoons, Bobcats, Hawks, Owls, and a Fox- that all eat fish daily. They will also take previous years frozen ducks, geese, or deer meat if you have some to be thrown out. Please call 477-6129 if you can help. And please share to help spread the word!
They are located at 630 E. School St. in Lake Charles.

Also..........I saw this same information earlier this week, BUT it listed a different animal shelter and different location.

This other location was down Big Lake road, but I don't remember exactly where. Can anyone help with more info? It was somewhere in the Graywood area.
Old 02-15-2014, 02:49 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,038

Curious, why no catfish?
Old 02-15-2014, 05:42 PM
Redfish

Cash: 1,112

Lake area animal hospital is on east school, but Heck Haven is on starboard drive off Haymark rd. past Graywood. Lake area animal hospital just listed this on their Facebook page for Heck haven. Same request. I took some fish out there a few days ago. Definitely call first as they may not answer the door if you just show up at Heck Haven.
Old 02-15-2014, 09:57 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,182

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonf View Post
Lake area animal hospital is on east school, but Heck Haven is on starboard drive off Haymark rd. past Graywood. Lake area animal hospital just listed this on their Facebook page for Heck haven. Same request. I took some fish out there a few days ago. Definitely call first as they may not answer the door if you just show up at Heck Haven.
Thanks for this info.

Directions......Go south on Big Lake rd. about 1/4 mile passed Graywood. Turn west on Haymark rd and go about 1/2 mile and turn south on Starboard drive. This is a very short road, so Heck Haven should be easy to find.

6927 Starboard Dr, Lake Charles · (337) 477-6129
Old 02-17-2014, 07:51 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 560

Thanks for the address and advice to call first. Went yesterday after calling (location on Starboard). Didn't have much to bring, but very nice lady who was happy to have whatever we had to offer.