SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlestackle.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hobby Forums > The Roux (Cooking/BBQ/Recipes)

The Roux (Cooking/BBQ/Recipes) What good is a cajun site without a cooking and recipe forum?

Old 04-29-2014, 10:42 PM
The Camp Cook....

Cash: 13,852

Quote:
Originally Posted by flwo View Post
dauum.that looks great! What kind of smoker did you use to smoke that beauty??
Lol...... It did come out good. My electric smoker is broke, so I just used an Old Smokey BBQ pit and some charcoal with wood chips.
Old 04-29-2014, 10:52 PM
The Camp Cook....

Cash: 13,852

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smalls View Post
Man love that smoke ring! I tried my hand at my first smoked brisket a few months ago. Not sure what I did wrong, but it was touch. Flavor was spot on, but don't know if it cooked too long, not long enough, cut too thick, or didn't cut the right way. Will be trying again soon though.

What do you season yours with?
Everything in the cabinet..... Wash it and dry it good. Rub with mustard, this will help hold the seasoning.. Tony's, smoked paparika, cumin, chili powder, garlic salt, few shakes of Worsterchire's and whatever else I can find..... Then coat it with plenty of brown sugar, wrap up in plastic and let it sit for a few days...

I fast smoked this brisket. Probably run 250 to 325 on the pit for 2 hours, then wrapped with foil tightly and put In a 300 degree oven for about 2 1/2 hours.

Everyone has their way of cooking but I trim almost all the fat off a brisket.....been doing it this way for years and people eat it all. I like a brisket that you can slice thin and has a takes a little "tug" to pull it apart.

I don't like the briskets that are all stringy and cooked in tin foil the whole time.....anyone can boil a piece of meat in seasoning and a can of beer. That's all this is.