SaltyCajun.com http://www.lyonsagency.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 10-29-2009, 03:35 PM
Great White

Cash: 22,543
Default My new Stix Viper

Got home and the mail lady pulled up as i was getting out of the truck and pulls my rod out of the back of her truck.... I cant really get to anywhere to fish thats close so i had to settle with tossing a weight around the yard. Very impressed by Billy's work now i just have to wait a couple of weeks to go try it out...my only complaint is i didnt get my free t shirt Billy promised me but he probably just forgot..Im sure he will make that right....I HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU GET ONE IF YOU GOT THE EXTRA CASH TO DO IT OR TELL YOUR WIFE/GIRLFRIEND/MOM/SUGAR MOMMA/SUGAR DADDY OR WHATEVER TO BUY YOU ONE FOR A BIRTHDAY OR CHRISTMAS
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PA290383.jpg (96.5 KB, 64 views)
File Type: jpg PA290382.jpg (89.8 KB, 63 views)
File Type: jpg PA290380.jpg (85.8 KB, 67 views)
Old 10-29-2009, 03:41 PM
Ling

Cash: 4,258

suuuweeeetttt! We just need to get billy to start reel wrapping(like the trucks and boats have) so we can have a totally tricked out combo
Old 10-29-2009, 03:43 PM
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by speck-chaser View Post
suuuweeeetttt! We just need to get billy to start reel wrapping(like the trucks and boats have) so we can have a totally tricked out combo
That would be sweet...I would buy one for sure
Old 10-29-2009, 03:48 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 908

That's a sweet looking rod!
Old 10-29-2009, 04:54 PM
*****Cajun *******

Cash: 662
Default forgotten t shirt

yes i did forget i have just had a plate full this entire month but hey the mail still runs daily, all i gotta do is get it in the mail, and i will see about that on mon when i go to mail some rods.
i just got back from talking with the surgeon and i kinda aint in a reel good mood at this time, i need a billyburger
stix
Old 10-29-2009, 05:03 PM
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by billystix custom rods View Post
yes i did forget i have just had a plate full this entire month but hey the mail still runs daily, all i gotta do is get it in the mail, and i will see about that on mon when i go to mail some rods.
i just got back from talking with the surgeon and i kinda aint in a reel good mood at this time, i need a billyburger
stix
That would be cool...I really am extremely happy with the rod....you were right i it is one of my favorites already and i havent even fished with it yet...
Old 10-29-2009, 05:45 PM
*****Cajun *******

you know whats going to be totally cool?
this viper thing is going to kinda fade and sooner or later you guys are going to ask me to build you a custom billystix spiral a "spirlstix" then that's when the mushroom is going to hit the ground if you get my drift, cause you have not felt lite castability yet i can build you just a common billystix spiral"spiralstix" and then you put the same reel that you are currently using and i personally guarantee you ,you will utter "holly shi!!!!" i cant belive this rod then what are you going to say, yes i have my own brand of blanks and i am willing to give up a few to anyone that has the nads to try one out, now "" billystix guarantee"" if it is not the finest smoothest longest bait caster that you have in your arsnal" and you can be 100% totally look me in the eye and say stix it aint what you say it is, i will refund you 1/2 of your money back and you still keep the finest fishing rod you ever fished with, "got the nads"i can talk the talk and i can walk the walk.try me
stix
all of these rods except the camo's are regular billystix "spiralstix"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NEW--REDFISH-CHASING%20SHRIMP%20LOGO.jpg (62.5 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg mikes bass, on his billystix.jpg (97.2 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00259.jpg (42.2 KB, 53 views)
Old 10-29-2009, 05:58 PM
Great White

Cash: 2,738

Nice rod man....Are you saying the regular blank is better then the viper? I might try out one of your regular blanks on the next one I get you to build for me. Im guessing you didnt get good news from doc....good luck hope you get better soon.
Old 10-29-2009, 07:21 PM
*****Cajun *******

no its not better, it's just a little lighter and a totally different combo of graphites. all rod blanks have their owm personalities if you will i am finding that more and more as i build, that is one reason for many years i would not vary much on blanks, this viper blank has been the only blank that has truly gotten my attetion, and on mon i found out that i might be able to get even a different version of the vipoer, i dont know much as yet, i do know that the black is a little lighter, why i am not sure but on mon i intind to ask a couple questrions because if i am going to carry the viper then i need answers to my customers questions correct.
i want to know if i can get a med light because the way the viper is built i believe it might be the blank to throw tails with but i need to check it out first. so stay tuned.
stix
Old 10-29-2009, 09:18 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 843

Billy, not trying to get all up in your business, but I/we at the saltycajun hope everything will turn out for the best with your medical issues. I've heard you mention about it a couple times before, so I just want to let you know I am hoping everything goes well. Keep your spirits up and keep up the amazing work.

John B.
Old 10-29-2009, 10:06 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 650

Slap a Curado on that rod and you will be set Do you like that Pfleuger reel?
Old 10-29-2009, 10:19 PM
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by fritz20 View Post
Slap a Curado on that rod and you will be set Do you like that Pfleuger reel?
You got an extra one you want to give me..I am really happy with those trions I bought them a couple of years ago for $80 each never had a problem with them. I also have a abu garcia revo sx but it never sees salt... its so smooth....im scared to mess it up
Old 10-29-2009, 10:24 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 650

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaux fishing View Post
You got an extra one you want to give me..I am really happy with those trions I bought them a couple of years ago for $80 each never had a problem with them. I also have a abu garcia revo sx but it never sees salt... its so smooth....im scared to mess it up
I'll trade you one curado for one semester of tuition... I don't know how the abu reels hold up in salt, but the curados do great. At the same time, I always feel a little reluctant to use a new reel in the salt, but that goes away once I set the hook