SaltyCajun.com https://www.facebook.com/CalcasieuExtremeRods

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 11-14-2014, 02:23 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,524
Default Cost of storage building?

I'm wondering if someone could tell me the ballpark cost for me to build a 16X24 storage building on my property on a slab. I'm talking totally contracted. Nothing fancy, just needs to be insulated, with water and electricity. Need something for my 4 wheeler as well as things my wife calls "junk". What is the easiest on my wallet, a metal building, wood, or cinder block? I live in Eunice. Thanks.
Old 11-14-2014, 02:31 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,103

Get an estimate from the place in Iowa, forget name maybe someone on here knows that company.
Old 11-14-2014, 02:47 PM
Ling

Cash: 505

^^^ Here we go
Old 11-14-2014, 02:59 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,852

I used these guys for my carport but they do garages too.

http://www.carolinacarportsinc.com/products/index

it cost me $2600 for a 24'x36' open sided gable end carport two years ago and it took a crew of Mexicans about 3 hours from start to finish to do it.

they just do the building so the inside walls and things like plumbing you have to do or get done separately. they have presized or custom sizes and will tell you the size to make your slab and they put the building on it.

now if you want the commercial style I-beam heavy duty steel buildings that's something different.

if you want you can pour the slap with your plumbing and electrical pipes in it if you want toilets and all that, then they will come out and install the building on the slab and then you or you can have someone build a regular 2x4 walls inside for bathrooms and closets or whatever you need.

this is an 18x26 building with one garage door and one walk in door http://www.carolinacarportsinc.com/c...er_step=741420

but the price is the same as the 24x30 building with two 9x8 garage doors and one 36" rear exit door installed that I priced below.

you can run your water and electrical later by drilling holes through the sheeting because I hadn't decided where everything was going to be yet.

look at this one, its the one I hope to be getting sometime after next year: http://www.carolinacarportsinc.com/c...er_step=741409

the prices they give you are for delivered and installed on your site so all they add is your local taxes

Last edited by keakar; 11-14-2014 at 03:37 PM.
Old 11-14-2014, 04:24 PM
Redfish

Cash: 879

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampman46 View Post
I'm wondering if someone could tell me the ballpark cost for me to build a 16X24 storage building on my property on a slab. I'm talking totally contracted. Nothing fancy, just needs to be insulated, with water and electricity. Need something for my 4 wheeler as well as things my wife calls "junk". What is the easiest on my wallet, a metal building, wood, or cinder block? I live in Eunice. Thanks.
We built several storage units back in 2007 and are currently in the process of building more. For the slab, building, gate, limestone, etc (move in ready) you are looking at $25-30/sq. ft. We have 18 units that we rent so and have some security measures in place that make it a little more expensive. We used Fremin Brothers out of New Iberia and they are very easy to work with. So for the size you are considering I would ballpark you between $8k-$10k.
Old 11-14-2014, 04:27 PM
Tripletail

OK thanks Keakar, looks like good options, but I'm looking for something that looks a little less like a garage, and more like a storage building. In general, is a metal building less expensive than other materials, i.e. possibly less labor involved? Trying to figure out the best way to go.
Old 11-14-2014, 04:33 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter10 View Post
We built several storage units back in 2007 and are currently in the process of building more. For the slab, building, gate, limestone, etc (move in ready) you are looking at $25-30/sq. ft. We have 18 units that we rent so and have some security measures in place that make it a little more expensive. We used Fremin Brothers out of New Iberia and they are very easy to work with. So for the size you are considering I would ballpark you between $8k-$10k.
Thanks for the info skeeter. That gives me some idea of what I'm looking at.
Old 11-14-2014, 04:35 PM
Redfish

Cash: 879

Quote:
Thanks for the info skeeter. That gives me some idea of what I'm looking at.
No problem. If you need any more information just holler.
Old 11-14-2014, 05:09 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,852

Quote:
OK thanks Keakar, looks like good options, but I'm looking for something that looks a little less like a garage, and more like a storage building. In general, is a metal building less expensive than other materials, i.e. possibly less labor involved? Trying to figure out the best way to go.
well the tubing is heavy duty galvanized steel and the siding is heavy gage maint free no rot never needs repainting coating and all that.

yes its very easy on labor so a lot of the savings are right there plus its done 100% complete in half a day as long as you can provide a ready slab and 110v power source for the tools they use. but I think they bring a generator for a small extra charge if you have no power.

its a tough call because if you build something that looks like a shed, it looks nicer but then it requires normal maint like roof shingles and wall paint.

I think you could have a traditional structure like like you want that is built from standard construction materials built on your slab for around 12-15k and I guess 3 days to a week to finish it but the trouble is most "good" contractors don't want anything to do with small jobs like this so the guys that are interested in doing it are small time, just "ok" contractors and not exactly your first choice of who you would like to do it.

Last edited by keakar; 11-14-2014 at 06:05 PM.
Old 11-14-2014, 06:04 PM
Redfish

Cash: 710

I just bought a 30x40 with 12 foot walls from mueller. It is engineered to lousiana wind requirements. On roll up door and one walk in. Building is fully insulated. Cost was $10,200. Slab is $7,200 and install is $4,000. Electric should be about $3,000. So a total $24,400.
Old 11-17-2014, 07:40 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

Quote:

Metal building and pole barns are about the same price.