SaltyCajun.com lake Area Marine

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 05-02-2015, 07:04 PM
Redfish

Cash: 7,058
Default Astronomical Trout Storm 5/2/15

With perfect conditions on the horizon, we had high hopes this morning of another great day on the water. The stars aligned and nature did not disappoint. I had a crew of family in from Georgia to celebrate retirement, friends, and family. We got an early start from Jug's and flipped on the Southern Lite LED 21" light bar and lit up the world. In about 45 minutes we would be in trout heaven. When we got to our destination it was a picture perfect scene. The fish were already feeding. We broke the ice early but a lot of people had the same idea as us and soon we were surrounded by about 15 boats. With this sort of pressure the fish turned off and soon disappeared. We gave it awhile to turn back on but there was no hope. Luckily, good buddy Capt. Josh was on a hot bite and called us over. We arrived on the scene of rods bent in every direction. Hot, heavy, fast, furious would be an understatement of the action before us. We were chunking double rigged Reflexion Ghost Bammers and the trout were trying to hook themselves. It was so intense that I didn't have a second to fish myself but instead spent the entire trout limit unhooking my customers' fish and counting them. When the smoke cleared 125 trout were scattered over the deck of the Blue Wave, flopping in a layer of slime. I packed the 105 liter Kysek to the top, cramming fish in it until it could hardly close. This, ladies and gentleman was an epic morning of fishing. My customers couldn't believe what had just happened. Big thanks to Capt. Tommy Pellegrin for running the second boat and joining us in the action.

Capt. Rob Dupont
225-776-9820
www.impulsefishingcharters.com
www.facebook.com/impulsefishing
Instagram @impulsefishing