SaltyCajun.com http://redtunashirtclub.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 05-29-2015, 12:43 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,734
Default Anarchy in Baltimore

Residents claim police have deserted them in wake of Freddie Gray riots as murder rate soars to highest in 15 years
  • Jennifer Jeffrey, 31, and son Kester 'Tony' Browne, 8, were killed Thursday
  • They became the city's 37th and 38th homicide victims this month
  • Residents have barricaded their doors in fear of ongoing violence
  • Some have compared parts of the city to the Wild West
  • Others have said virtually no police have been on the streets since riots
  • Arrests are down almost 50 per cent on the same time last year
  • Police claim they are being met with 'hostility' during confrontations

In the wake of the Freddie Gray riots, families have barricaded themselves inside their homes, too afraid to leave, while those on the streets walk around wielding guns - because there are allegedly no police around to arrest them.
Arrested are down 50percent and homicides are at their highest level in 15 years. In the Western District, there have been more murders in the first five months of this year than in all of 2014.
Neighborhoods such as West Baltimore, which had seen heavy policing because of endemic drug and gang violence in recent years, have experienced a reversal, with citizens claiming they have been virtually abandoned.
But embattled law enforcement officials claim they are 'under siege' from criminals taking advantage of the unrest, while officers complain they are met with hostility while policing certain areas.

HAHAHA! I have ZERO pity for these animals, same people out condemning the police now cry when they arnt there, eat your crow and shut up!!
Old 05-29-2015, 05:51 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

While I do not condone police brutality at all, this goes to show that their brutality is not widespread but, their presence is certainly needed.

The citizen base, as a whole, asked for exactly what they are getting now. Who are the real bad guys?...Doesn't look like the cops to me.
Old 05-30-2015, 10:51 AM
Redfish

Cash: 725

Don't like police call a crackhead and see how that works out for you!
Old 05-30-2015, 01:06 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 4,521

Give them what they want. No cops = more crime. I hope they start begging for the LEO's. Also, don't think the president wouldn't love to bring in the military and tell everyone that the federal government can handle all our problems better than local gov. or citizens. If that starts to happen around the country we will no longer be the home of the free.
Old 05-31-2015, 12:49 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crankbait36 View Post
Don't like police call a crackhead and see how that works out for you!
About as far as calling the poli. Faster actually. The crackhead is probably already there. Really how many people here can say a cop helped them? I for one have never been helped by a cop. By the time a cop gets there to help the problem is over. When is the last time you saw a headline that read"cop takes down gunman and saves everyone"?
Old 05-31-2015, 05:54 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman1911 View Post
About as far as calling the poli. Faster actually. The crackhead is probably already there. Really how many people here can say a cop helped them? I for one have never been helped by a cop. By the time a cop gets there to help the problem is over. When is the last time you saw a headline that read"cop takes down gunman and saves everyone"?
The police took down the shooters in the recent attack on the free speech rally in Garland, TX. The headlines on May 4, 2015 basically acknowledged that quick, decisive action by the police prevented any casualties. The police also took down Hasan (the shooter) in the 2009 attack at Ft. Hood.
Old 05-31-2015, 08:38 AM
Redfish

Cash: 623

Maybe you guys are right.

These people should accept being harassed, brutalized and even murdered by the police from time to time. What's the big deal? Either let the police brutalize the community or they'll step back and let the criminal element take over.

It's all or nothing. Accept brutality or get no protection from the police at all.

I mean, it's just Black people. The Constitution doesn't apply to them like it does everybody else.

Can't understand why they won't just accept police officers treating them more harshly than everybody else.

Right?
Old 05-31-2015, 09:20 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathGeek View Post
The police took down the shooters in the recent attack on the free speech rally in Garland, TX. The headlines on May 4, 2015 basically acknowledged that quick, decisive action by the police prevented any casualties. The police also took down Hasan (the shooter) in the 2009 attack at Ft. Hood.
Very true MG
Old 05-31-2015, 04:12 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade View Post

These people should accept being harassed, brutalized and even murdered by the police from time to time. What's the big deal? Either let the police brutalize the community or they'll step back and let the criminal element take over.

It's all or nothing. Accept brutality or get no protection from the police at all.

I mean, it's just Black people. The Constitution doesn't apply to them like it does everybody else.

Can't understand why they won't just accept police officers treating them more harshly than everybody else.

Right?
You got all of that out of statistics? You are a true man of genius if so!

No one ever mentioned that they deserve anything. What the folks of Baltimore are getting right now is exactly what they wanted though. They said the police were the problem and, they were ONLY there to harass the innocent. Well, it looks as though they were doing a lot more than the people there thought.
Old 05-31-2015, 04:31 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:

Right?

Spoken like a true liberal. Are you?
Old 05-31-2015, 06:42 PM
Redfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern151 View Post
What the folks of Baltimore are getting right now is exactly what they wanted though. They said the police were the problem and, they were ONLY there to harass the innocent. Well, it looks as though they were doing a lot more than the people there thought.
What they want is due process as guaranteed by the Constitution,

If they are accused of a crime, they want to be arrested and given their day in court. Without the police taking matters into their own hands by brutalizing them or murdering them before that day arrives. That is what they want.

To suggest the people of Baltimore don't want any policing at all is a specious argument at best. It sounds good to people who want to believe that, but it's simply not true. What they actually said was police brutality is a problem - and it is - not that they don't want the police to do their jobs. HOW they do their jobs is the real issue.
Old 05-31-2015, 06:47 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,563

Quote:
What they want is due process as guaranteed by the Constitution,

If they are accused of a crime, they want to be arrested and given their day in court. Without the police taking matters into their own hands by brutalizing them or murdering them before that day arrives. That is what they want.

To suggest the people of Baltimore don't want any policing at all is a specious argument at best. It sounds good to people who want to believe that, but it's simply not true. What they actually said was police brutality is a problem - and it is - not that they don't want the police to do their jobs. HOW they do their jobs is the real issue.

You think those criminals they stop are just gonna give up without a fight and let the cop arrest them? Cops want nothing more than a peaceful arrest. Their lives are on the line every time.
Old 05-31-2015, 06:49 PM
Redfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogface View Post
Spoken like a true liberal. Are you?
Actually, my beliefs are quite conservative. I'm just able to think for myself and don't subscribe to the "conservative" propaganda floating around these days that considers "you must be a liberal" an adequate response to any argument.

Do you have an intelligent rebuttal or am I right to assume what you posted above is the best you have?

And are you really suggesting that "true" conservatives are against due process?
Old 05-31-2015, 07:00 PM
Redfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by redaddiction View Post
You think those criminals they stop are just gonna give up without a fight and let the cop arrest them? Cops want nothing more than a peaceful arrest. Their lives are on the line every time.
I actually agree with this. Most arrests ARE peaceful. And there are definitely those times when force is justified.

The problem is that gray area where force is used and it may not have been justified. How do we minimize the times that happens? That's what we really should be discussing. I don't think any fair-minded person, conservative or liberal, would be against anyone having the right to due process.
Old 05-31-2015, 07:28 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Actually, my beliefs are quite conservative. I'm just able to think for myself and don't subscribe to the "conservative" propaganda floating around these days that considers "you must be a liberal" an adequate response to any argument.

Do you have an intelligent rebuttal or am I right to assume what you posted above is the best you have?

And are you really suggesting that "true" conservatives are against due process?
Definitely not against due process and yes, that's the best I have.
Old 05-31-2015, 07:37 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,734

Quote:
What they want is due process as guaranteed by the Constitution, .
Um, no no they don't, heres an example of that, and now the police are at fault for her not cooperating. The police were trying to do their job and "DUE PROCESS"
http://www.businessinsider.com/polic...rrested-2015-5

Quote:
If they are accused of a crime, they want to be arrested and given their day in court. .
HAHAHAHA are you really going to go with that? I don't know anyone that WANTS to be arrested............ just saying. When they are that make a Broadway spectacle performance of the scene, I refer you to the earlier referenced video