SaltyCajun.com http://www.gclendingservices.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 07-27-2015, 07:40 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193
Default Business Safety & Liability

We have our own business and do believe a business owner should be able to deny anything for any reason. As long as your aren't screwing people obviously.
Due to recent events there was a facebook page(cold dead hands) that posed a very interesting question. Should a business that denies the right of legal carry be held accountable if harm comes to their patrons from someone breaking their company policy? I say yes. If you have a business with stairs and no railing and someone falls you will go to court and loose.
I'm not saying anything would be different but it is an interesting question. Thoughts?
In the past 25 years all but one mass shooting was in a gun free zone and in that case the shooter was stopped by someone with a gun.
Old 07-27-2015, 09:15 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 556

With a zero weapon policy ,you are denying me and others the option to defend ourselves from the crazies. the balls in your court then
Old 07-27-2015, 09:50 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
With a zero weapon policy ,you are denying me and others the option to defend ourselves from the crazies. the balls in your court then
Exactly and at that point I believe a business has a responsibilty to protect it's patrons. Especially if their company policy may have contributed to the incident. If places like the Grand Theatre could be sued for not keeping patrons safe it would change a lot of things. No I don't agree in the parking lot fender bender were someone is holding their neck and asking for a lawyer before asking for a paramedic. That is bs stuff but when you follow statistics there Is obviously a safety Issue.Then again a fully guarded theatre would push ticket prices through the roof and hurt their business. A few multi million $ lawsuits hurt business also. Our place is not only carry your gun it's a guns are everwhere shop. I love it when our cusomers stop by and show off new toys.
Old 07-27-2015, 11:22 PM
Redfish

Cash: 719

I am all for carry all the time, CC or open. However, you as a patron have the right to not conduct business with a company issuing a gun free policy. Saying the business should be held liable for a lunatic with a gun, is like saying the gun manufacturers should be held liable if a crime is committed with their brand of weapon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-28-2015, 05:35 AM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juciy View Post
I am all for carry all the time, CC or open. However, you as a patron have the right to not conduct business with a company issuing a gun free policy. Saying the business should be held liable for a lunatic with a gun, is like saying the gun manufacturers should be held liable if a crime is committed with their brand of weapon.

Very valid point. Exactly why I don't shop at walmart and I wait for movies to come out on dvd. There are times when that may not be an option though. Hospitals for instance. Just something to ponder.
Old 07-28-2015, 05:56 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman1911 View Post
We have our own business and do believe a business owner should be able to deny anything for any reason. As long as your aren't screwing people obviously.
Due to recent events there was a facebook page(cold dead hands) that posed a very interesting question. Should a business that denies the right of legal carry be held accountable if harm comes to their patrons from someone breaking their company policy? I say yes. If you have a business with stairs and no railing and someone falls you will go to court and loose.
I'm not saying anything would be different but it is an interesting question. Thoughts?
In the past 25 years all but one mass shooting was in a gun free zone and in that case the shooter was stopped by someone with a gun.

I'm a big 2nd Amendment supporter but I'm going to have to call bull**** on whats in red.
Old 07-28-2015, 06:15 AM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp snorkler View Post
I'm a big 2nd Amendment supporter but I'm going to have to call bull**** on whats in red.
Was just quoting the article. Will try to link it to here. It had interesting points from both sides. Like I said just something to ponder. Researching stats like that on my phone is a pain in the rear end.
Even as high up as government buildings. Had a shooting inside our parish courthouse some years back. Luckily the guy had a target he was after but it could have just as easily been a whacko wanting to kill a bunch of folks. He killed himself also. People are usually at the courthouse because they have to be not want to be.
Old 07-28-2015, 06:20 AM
Ling

Cash: 4,851

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juciy View Post

This is my stance as well. Same can be said with alcohol manufacturers being held liable for drunk drivers or the bar that sells it.
Old 07-28-2015, 07:23 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,238

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman1911 View Post
Was just quoting the article. Will try to link it to here. It had interesting points from both sides. Like I said just something to ponder. Researching stats like that on my phone is a pain in the rear end.
Even as high up as government buildings. Had a shooting inside our parish courthouse some years back. Luckily the guy had a target he was after but it could have just as easily been a whacko wanting to kill a bunch of folks. He killed himself also. People are usually at the courthouse because they have to be not want to be.
But courthouses usually have armed security. Not that it helped in this case. Thats the difference between most hospitals and wholefoods.