SaltyCajun.com http://www.acadianamarina.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 08-23-2015, 10:36 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,486
Default Indian River/Mosquito Lagoon

I'm going to make a trip to Orlando and want to do a trip to catch a big trout. I don't care if it's on live bait, I just want to have the best chance to catch one 7 or better. I'm sure there are tons of guides, I want one of the better ones.

Has anyone ever done it and have a recommendation as to guide and best time of year?
Old 08-23-2015, 03:20 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,020

I'm not sure on the west coast... but on the lower gulf coast in Florida its almost all a winter fishery .... and last year it didn't get cold enough really to have the trout come into their. My buddies around tampa only saw a handle of trout last winter and only one 30 incher. Very weak showing.

I'm not sure why you're going to Florida to catch a big trout... Big Lake and some other areas have a better potential for a big trout than the west coast of Florida. Yes, that's where the record is from (Stewart area etc.) but they catch much less 'gator' trout than Louisiana and Texas. Go with Bruce Baugh or John Havens in Big Lake this winter... might catch a 8 or 9lber. will probably catch at least one 7.

If I was going to florida i'd go to catch a tarpon or snook. Just my opinion, might not have been what you were wanting to hear and I realize that.
Old 08-24-2015, 09:35 AM
Redfish

Cash: 708

I read about someone with a guide catching a 34" trout, maybe at www.nola.com/outdoors?
Old 08-24-2015, 12:36 PM
Great White

Cash: 22,543
Default Indian River/Mosquito Lagoon

Call The Snook Hut in Cape Coral and ask for Mike Shelton. Tell him Bob from Louisiana told you to call him and he can point you in the right direction. I would go try for snook also. If you've never caught one you really should experience it. I know it's on the wrong coast but he has contacts all over Florida from professional redfish tourneys he used to fish. Here's the contact info
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440437790.070404.jpg