SaltyCajun.com http://www.lmcboats.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Boating Talk

Boating Talk For discussion of everything related to boats and motors

Old 07-29-2009, 11:13 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 650

I dropped kenner 2 years ago tracker marine just dont build them like bill kenner did to many warranty issues and a pain in the a-- to deal with we only sell Haynie and will make you a deal on 2 for sure
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaAngler View Post
wonder what kind of buy 2 boats discount they would give

i think the same dealer has kenner also, be interesting to know how the performance of the haynie vs kenner is
Old 07-30-2009, 08:54 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 863

"tracker marine just dont build them like bill kenner did"

You got that right......I'm ready for k2 marine to come out with the 24 ft frontier.
Old 07-30-2009, 12:53 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,022
Default Comparison...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly D View Post
How does a Haynie compare to the Blackjack 22' model

Well, for one the Blackjack is a boat with a cap. The Haynie's have wood whereas the Blackjack's do not. Now, Chris says that the wood is all glassed over, so, we'll see. The price is also a factor; about $8,000 difference. I personally like the Blackjack, but wish it was a 24'. If Bill Kenner makes a 24' Blackjack, you will see them all over the lake, as they will be a lifetime hull. I would be going from 24' to 22.5' fishing 3 people plus me everyday. Not sure how it will be. THe Haynie is 24' and just a little narrower than the BJ. Ultimately, 2 great boats with different pros and cons. It's all about preference.

BD
Old 07-30-2009, 01:04 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,217

In my opinion, I would not get a boat with wood in it, even if it was glassed over, if I were keeping it for a long time. Sooner or later, water will rot the wood if you use it enough. I have seen a lot of boats at Olmsted Shipyard fixing soft decks and transoms from wood rot. Water seems to seep down screws used for seats and tops. There are ways to prevent this, if the boat builder builds it right. But I still would rather not take the chance. There are too many new coring products that can take the place of wood, but will not rot like wood.
Old 07-30-2009, 01:26 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 863

Bill Kenner told me at the last boat show that a 24 blackjack and 24 frontier are in the works and should be out by 2010.
Old 07-30-2009, 02:48 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,022
Default 2010

Drost, we've been hearing about a 24 BJ and Frontier since he startted building them. Those will be some great boats. If I am not mistaken, and maybe I am, the Frontier has wood and the BJ does not. Most all non-capped boats will contain wood. Haynie's are SOLID built boats and so are Bill's boats. Either way, W or myself will have a good boat for years to come.
Old 08-05-2009, 08:57 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 650

The wood we use is called boat panel you can not buy at lowes are home depot it comes with a 100 year warranty against rot,the composite on the other hand does have a lifetime warranty against rot and rot only but what happens when your motor falls of the back of your boat like more than 1 has done in the IFA tournament out of kema and texas redfish series. both were composite boats and i talked to one of the owners of one of the well known boat builders and he was told if he could use the boat panel like he did on most all of the boats he has built threw the years this would not have happened in my eyes the composite deal is a sales pitch.look at 2 year old composite boat that has been run in rough water you will see stress cracks every where and thats considered not warranty,some ofthe best selling boats come from texas and they all have wood and its for a reason <strength>
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray View Post
In my opinion, I would not get a boat with wood in it, even if it was glassed over, if I were keeping it for a long time. Sooner or later, water will rot the wood if you use it enough. I have seen a lot of boats at Olmsted Shipyard fixing soft decks and transoms from wood rot. Water seems to seep down screws used for seats and tops. There are ways to prevent this, if the boat builder builds it right. But I still would rather not take the chance. There are too many new coring products that can take the place of wood, but will not rot like wood.
Old 08-05-2009, 09:19 PM
Great White

I keep a Chris Craft boat at Olmsted Shipyard in a boat shed there. I have seen a LOT of boats come in to get soft decks fixed due to rotten wood. I have to believe what I see, not what I hear.
Old 08-05-2009, 09:41 PM
Banned

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MERCURY OUTBOARD MAN View Post
The wood we use is called boat panel you can not buy at lowes are home depot it comes with a 100 year warranty against rot,the composite on the other hand does have a lifetime warranty against rot and rot only but what happens when your motor falls of the back of your boat like more than 1 has done in the IFA tournament out of kema and texas redfish series. both were composite boats and i talked to one of the owners of one of the well known boat builders and he was told if he could use the boat panel like he did on most all of the boats he has built threw the years this would not have happened in my eyes the composite deal is a sales pitch.look at 2 year old composite boat that has been run in rough water you will see stress cracks every where and thats considered not warranty,some ofthe best selling boats come from texas and they all have wood and its for a reason <strength>

good information here
Old 08-12-2009, 08:28 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Talked to Chris today....These boats are the real deal....They come loaded .... I think I'm sold on the Z21 w/225 Opti Max...Body Black....Hope this all goes like I have Planned.
Old 08-13-2009, 11:19 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
Talked to Chris today....These boats are the real deal....They come loaded .... I think I'm sold on the Z21 w/225 Opti Max...Body Black....Hope this all goes like I have Planned.
Are you still getting the boat after Cora found out about you buying the site?
Old 08-13-2009, 12:03 PM
Banned

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
quiksilver baby, merc all the way

jet black helps you sneak up on the fish better, but if you want it to look good at 10 years old get solid white.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:30 PM
Great White

Those are some pretty light boats for a 21 ft'er. I bet it hauls @$$...
Old 08-13-2009, 08:02 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray View Post
Those are some pretty light boats for a 21 ft'er. I bet it hauls @$$...

65mph!!!!
Old 08-14-2009, 03:29 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 811

what size motor?
Old 08-14-2009, 03:30 PM
Tripletail

dubya is really gonna hop the waves now haha
Old 08-14-2009, 03:30 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,581

HERE

Quote:
I think I'm sold on the Z21 w/225 Opti Max...
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 08-14-2009, 10:01 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by SULPHITE View Post
HERE
Yup, it will cruise. Dubya gunna look like a kid in that big boat!!!! jk dubya lol
Old 08-14-2009, 10:12 PM
Great White

Cash: 2,738

Wood in a boat is not a bad thing at all if it's done right. My boston whaler is a 1970 model,and it has wood in it....still solid as a rock.I've never really heard of a haynie untill now,but it seems to be a well built boat from what I can see.
Old 08-15-2009, 09:05 AM
Great White

Cash: 17,285

The boat will not be an issue.....I would be more worried about the Merc motor