SaltyCajun.com http://k2-coolers.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 05-13-2014, 03:27 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: -514

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFishKiller View Post
If we got organizied and brought all of our concerns and info to the right people and had a public backing we could get stuff done. I've never heard on the news were state legislators passed a bill or did something because of a thread on a forum. Looks like there are a ton of people all wanting the same thing here. So, let's get organized and have our concerns voiced to the right people.
Who da right people?
Can a potition on line work?
Can we get right people to agree to a potition on line?
What is the most or greatest issue to potition first?

Can we all agree about one thing ?

Well just say I got questions. And I think there has to be a phone number I can call. Or a local place I can go.

I jus like fish and fishing and am tired of being checked to see if I might be braking some rule to make me pay. I just want to fish and not be botherd by regulations put in place to fund big gov.
Old 05-13-2014, 06:32 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266
Default Bl rant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratdog View Post

I jus like fish and fishing and am tired of being checked to see if I might be braking some rule to make me pay. I just want to fish and not be botherd by regulations put in place to fund big gov.

What would you porpoise? Eliminate the WLF and limits? Regulations and enforcement are necessary, along with random stops in order to make sure everyone is following the rules.

I gladly accept people on my boat to check my catch, so long as they take off their boots. If we eliminated regs, enforcement, and random stops the. There would be no kore fish to enjoy because people would take take take...
Old 05-13-2014, 06:40 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,357

Just to throw this out there. While not a direct impact on big lake. Another LNG facility has set there sights on calc river. This one on monkey island. I think a main priority at this stage is to levee big lake. The shipping impacts are taking a toll and going to get worse.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Old 05-13-2014, 06:53 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
Who da right people?
Can a potition on line work?
Can we get right people to agree to a potition on line?
What is the most or greatest issue to potition first?

Can we all agree about one thing ?

Well just say I got questions. And I think there has to be a phone number I can call. Or a local place I can go.

Not sure u serious ???

Dude I fish probably 10xs if not more than you and travel thousands of miles on the water a year and can tell you how many times I have been checked in my life by WL&F on 1 hand
Old 05-13-2014, 07:01 PM
Ling

Cash: 5,600

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
Not sure u serious ???

Dude I fish probably 10xs if not more than you and travel thousands of miles on the water a year and can tell you how many times I have been checked in my life by WL&F on 1 hand
Yep. Well maybe the profile him.

Old 05-13-2014, 07:02 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 460

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshrunner757 View Post
Just to throw this out there. While not a direct impact on big lake. Another LNG facility has set there sights on calc river. This one on monkey island. I think a main priority at this stage is to levee big lake. The shipping impacts are taking a toll and going to get worse.

Thinkin bout putting in for an engineering job there
Old 05-13-2014, 07:03 PM
Swordfish

Quote:
Not sure u serious ???

Depends on where u fishin. Anywhere from 210 to LNG u gettin checked. Sometimes more than once. Got checked 3 times one day by same gw.
Old 05-13-2014, 07:06 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Not sure u serious ???

I can go three times on shore and get checked twice. W u are lucky then or u know people. So jack on someone else.

I bean checked twice in a month by the same guy. In the same town. Give me a brake it's just to get that chance to write a fine. That's all. A hope I don't have a licsens and they can make money to drive around to make more money.

Yes w I am pissed about this subject. And to tell u the truth the next time I'm checked or if I'm around I will walk up to or ride over to them in my boat and record what is going on.

It's all about makeing money with fines. And threw regulations. I have bean around long enough to remember a time with less crap less game wardens etc. and sorry I don't feel the number of fish are greater and proportionate to the number of findable regulations that now exist.

Sorry w and sorry op but this is for real and I'm tired of enforcement around all the time . What I posted still stands. And u can background check that.
Old 05-13-2014, 07:08 PM
Ling

Old 05-13-2014, 07:10 PM
Red Snapper

Old 05-13-2014, 07:22 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

We'll I have been checked on the water maybe 5 times fishing in my life 6-7 at most ...

Only 1 time by coast guard
Old 05-13-2014, 07:24 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Now Jared A , on other hand is a GW Magnet

Lmao dude will be only boat on water in 30mph winds pouring down rain with snow flurries and he gets checked
Old 05-13-2014, 07:29 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

Been checked exactly once in 46 years, fishing with my brother in Grand Isle (Caminada Pass). They didn't even look in the box or board the boat, just a quick look at our fishing licenses. I am almost always fishing with my children though. The time we were checked was one of maybe five times I've been fishing in my whole life without children in tow. I wonder if the GWs avoid doing checks with there are children in the fishing party?
Old 05-13-2014, 07:38 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,728

I have never been checked by a GW. Hunting or fishing. And just got checked by the coast guard for the first time a couple weeks ago. Real nice guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-13-2014, 08:31 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

Quote:
I can go three times on shore and get checked twice. W u are lucky then or u know people. So jack on someone else.

I bean checked twice in a month by the same guy. In the same town. Give me a brake it's just to get that chance to write a fine. That's all. A hope I don't have a licsens and they can make money to drive around to make more money.

Yes w I am pissed about this subject. And to tell u the truth the next time I'm checked or if I'm around I will walk up to or ride over to them in my boat and record what is going on.

It's all about makeing money with fines. And threw regulations. I have bean around long enough to remember a time with less crap less game wardens etc. and sorry I don't feel the number of fish are greater and proportionate to the number of findable regulations that now exist.

Sorry w and sorry op but this is for real and I'm tired of enforcement around all the time . What I posted still stands. And u can background check that.

If you are fishing inshore where I think you are fishing, everyone gets checked all the time... There is a game warrant camp right there.
Old 05-13-2014, 08:38 PM
Flounder

Cash: 782

I've only been stopped once on BL and they just wanted to see our safety gear.

We were short one life jacket and the GWs actually loaned us a life jacket rather than ticket us. The deal was if we mailed it back in a week then we wouldn't be ticketed.

Nicest GWs I've ever met!!
Old 05-13-2014, 09:00 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 556

Been checked 4 times in one day in GI. 2 by CG and 2 by GW. Finally got yellow ticket from CG so didn't have to bother.
Old 05-13-2014, 09:18 PM
Ling

I did have a GA sneak up unannounced and walk right in our speckled belly spread while we were still the blind.
I thought that was pretty dumb.

Old 05-13-2014, 09:19 PM
Ling

GW*

Old 05-13-2014, 10:29 PM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clampy View Post
I did have a GA sneak up unannounced and walk right in our speckled belly spread while we were still the blind.
I thought that was pretty dumb.

Had the same thing happen teal hunting.