Thanks, but I will pass

How was that Ban Camp???
Old 03-26-2011, 05:39 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,022

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
Why are you not fishing?? 20mph winds....you should have the lake to yourself
Fished till 9 this morning. Guys finally called it. It was rough and muddy. And there were 10 boats around us today. I was surrounded by Haynie's!!!
Old 03-26-2011, 06:19 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,578
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by PUREBAY2200 View Post
I believe that was in 2008..... Hahaha

But for real I've got access to a 24 champ,24 skeeter, 22 champ, 24 triton & 22 ft Nautic star and 2 smaller skiff style boats..... I can take these out anytime. So I really don't have a reason to buy a boat at this time. I will eventually buy another, but I haven't found one I like enough to buy for the price point I'm at.
What??
Old 03-26-2011, 06:46 PM
Great White

Cash: 2,738

This site is really going to crap...total thread hijack on almost every thread.
Old 03-26-2011, 06:58 PM
Super Moderator

Cash: 18,520

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montauk17 View Post
x2
Old 03-26-2011, 07:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montauk17 View Post
all you can do is add the useful info you want to see more of instead of complaining about it

namecalling and personal attacks will ruin it for everyone (not directed at montauk)
Old 03-26-2011, 07:06 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

They should use Tiggerdroppings Rules

1. DO choose your user name carefully when you first register. Search the Member List to check for names that are similar to yours.

2. DO NOT “flame the board.” “Flaming” is the deliberate act of creating a post in order to incite members of the board and invoke a negative response.

3. DO NOT expect any tolerance for statements, opinions, or views that are bigoted, racist, sexist, or hateful. Further, linking to sites that contain such content is prohibited.

4. DO NOT engage in personal attacks on other users. Healthy debate is expected and encouraged, but take the childish insults elsewhere. This is particularly true with regard to visitors from other schools. Moderators will be especially watchful for verbal abuse, ridicule, ad hominem attacks, and stalking.

5. DO NOT engage in baseless criticism of LSU athletes, coaches, administrators or recruits. Legitimate evaluation of a player's performance or a coach’s ability is allowed, but personal attacks and insults are prohibited.

6. DO NOT post ANY adult or sexually explicit content OR links to adult or sexually explicit content.

7. DO NOT use excessive profanity. Profanity is discouraged, and depending on the context in which it is used, might result in removal of your post.

8. DO choose a subject line that accurately describes the content of your post. Do not use deceptive subjects to attract attention to your post. Do not use one or two-word subjects that provide no description. And do not post in ALL CAPS.

9. DO NOT threaten another user with physical violence or retribution of any nature whatsoever.

10. DO take a minute to check for an existing thread on a topic of interest to you before starting a new thread.

11. DO not posting anything that could potentially harm (or embarrass) LSU or TigerDroppings.com.

Enforcement of these rules lay with the board administrators. Violations may subject the user to suspension or, in some cases, removal of the user’s account.

• Your post(s) will be whacked if you:
o “Call someone out.”
o “Spam” the board, i.e., attempt to sell goods or services, or direct users to commercial sites, without prior authorization from board management.
o Threaten anyone.
o Stalk another poster, i.e., repeatedly reply to his/her posts for the purpose of ridiculing, mocking, insulting, or flaming.
o Post pictures or link to web sites showing nude men or women, male or female genitalia, or female nipples. This includes images in which such features can be seen through clothing. For women, "nude" means without top and/or bottom. Administrators may block any other images deemed inappropriate.
o Post unsubstantiated information about LSU players, coaches, administrators or officials. Rumors will not be tolerated. News must at least be reported by a mainstream media outlet to support its posting. Other LSU message boards do not count as mainstream media.
o Post copyrighted material from other web sites.
o Flame other boards and brag about it here, or whine about what users on other boards are saying about LSU. If you have a problem with another board, take it up with that board's management.
o Create outlandish posts with no other purpose but to flame.

• Your post(s) may be whacked if you:
o Start a new thread for every thought that pops into your head.
o Start a new thread in response to an existing thread.
o Start a new thread commenting on an existing thread anywhere on the site.
o Use an excessive amount of emoticons (i.e., smileys) in a post.
o Use gratuitous profanity.
Old 03-26-2011, 07:11 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 565

Quote:
They should use Tiggerdroppings Rules

1. DO choose your user name carefully when you first register. Search the Member List to check for names that are similar to yours.

2. DO NOT “flame the board.” “Flaming” is the deliberate act of creating a post in order to incite members of the board and invoke a negative response.

3. DO NOT expect any tolerance for statements, opinions, or views that are bigoted, racist, sexist, or hateful. Further, linking to sites that contain such content is prohibited.

4. DO NOT engage in personal attacks on other users. Healthy debate is expected and encouraged, but take the childish insults elsewhere. This is particularly true with regard to visitors from other schools. Moderators will be especially watchful for verbal abuse, ridicule, ad hominem attacks, and stalking.

5. DO NOT engage in baseless criticism of LSU athletes, coaches, administrators or recruits. Legitimate evaluation of a player's performance or a coach’s ability is allowed, but personal attacks and insults are prohibited.

6. DO NOT post ANY adult or sexually explicit content OR links to adult or sexually explicit content.

7. DO NOT use excessive profanity. Profanity is discouraged, and depending on the context in which it is used, might result in removal of your post.

8. DO choose a subject line that accurately describes the content of your post. Do not use deceptive subjects to attract attention to your post. Do not use one or two-word subjects that provide no description. And do not post in ALL CAPS.

9. DO NOT threaten another user with physical violence or retribution of any nature whatsoever.

10. DO take a minute to check for an existing thread on a topic of interest to you before starting a new thread.

11. DO not posting anything that could potentially harm (or embarrass) LSU or TigerDroppings.com.

Enforcement of these rules lay with the board administrators. Violations may subject the user to suspension or, in some cases, removal of the user’s account.

• Your post(s) will be whacked if you:
o “Call someone out.”
o “Spam” the board, i.e., attempt to sell goods or services, or direct users to commercial sites, without prior authorization from board management.
o Threaten anyone.
o Stalk another poster, i.e., repeatedly reply to his/her posts for the purpose of ridiculing, mocking, insulting, or flaming.
o Post pictures or link to web sites showing nude men or women, male or female genitalia, or female nipples. This includes images in which such features can be seen through clothing. For women, "nude" means without top and/or bottom. Administrators may block any other images deemed inappropriate.
o Post unsubstantiated information about LSU players, coaches, administrators or officials. Rumors will not be tolerated. News must at least be reported by a mainstream media outlet to support its posting. Other LSU message boards do not count as mainstream media.
o Post copyrighted material from other web sites.
o Flame other boards and brag about it here, or whine about what users on other boards are saying about LSU. If you have a problem with another board, take it up with that board's management.
o Create outlandish posts with no other purpose but to flame.

• Your post(s) may be whacked if you:
o Start a new thread for every thought that pops into your head.
o Start a new thread in response to an existing thread.
o Start a new thread commenting on an existing thread anywhere on the site.
o Use an excessive amount of emoticons (i.e., smileys) in a post.
o Use gratuitous profanity.
If they enforced these rules you will have to find another site to post on.
Old 03-26-2011, 07:12 PM
Great White

Cash: 2,738

Quote:
Originally Posted by specknation View Post
If they enforced these rules you will have to find another site to post on.
My thoughts exactly
Old 03-26-2011, 07:31 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

yall the only ones who cry...........I never start just finish
Old 03-26-2011, 07:36 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,505

Quote:
"If ya ain't first, ya last!"
Ricky Bobby
Old 03-26-2011, 07:38 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
Watch out big boy your are breaking your rules already, would love to play
have 2 green lights to set up at camp deepglow.com as the HAT would say
you have a Nice day.
Old 03-26-2011, 08:58 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,383

Quote:
Originally Posted by PUREBAY2200 View Post
Let me b honest....... U R AN IDIOT!!!
People like u should not b allowed to talk or voice Ur opinion.
Next time u wanna post a comment.... Write it down on paper then flush it.

Stupid can not be cured. Wise men can only bring forth wisdom and knowledge, it is up to the individual to digest this wisdom and knowledge, in order to concur his own stupidity. Good luck.
Old 03-26-2011, 10:39 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,086
Eek Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndamendment View Post
Stupid can not be cured. Wise men can only bring forth wisdom and knowledge, it is up to the individual to digest this wisdom and knowledge, in order to concur his own stupidity. Good luck.
*** r u talking bout??
Old 03-26-2011, 10:43 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,086
Cool Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayouchub View Post
What??
What part of that was confusing??
Old 03-26-2011, 10:53 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,578

It wasn't confusing at all.
Old 03-27-2011, 10:38 AM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatdriver View Post
Ok, here is a tidbit. All of those 23 Kenners are full of non glassed in wood. According to Max Ohmstede, that does fiberglass work for a living, claims it to be the best boat ever built. We still have one in our fleet that is a 97 model. And another boat by Bill Kenner, the Frontier, also has wood.
Back in 90's everybody used wood in boats, and done correctley boat will
last. But putting wood in a boat gives it a shelf life in will expire sonner
or later. Friend had 02 Kenner hull floor went soft in 06 indoor stored. You mention he used wood on the Frontier, he does and that boat is a price point
for his company (entry level priced bay boay) his self proclaimed the best boat he has every built Blackjack 100% NO WOOD Composite.
Old 03-27-2011, 10:42 AM
Redfish

Cash: 749

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndamendment View Post

HUH? You make no sense
Old 03-27-2011, 10:44 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,022

I agree, boats with wood are slightly over priced. I wish the Haynie's were lower. With that being said, it serves the right purpose for me.
Old 03-27-2011, 10:54 AM
Great White

Cash: 1,217

Wood in boats will last, if you know how to take care of them.
If you don't, it can be bad for you if you don't fix crackes or keep screws/bolts tight.
I have a 30 year old boat with wood in the decks, no soft spots at all. But I like playing with old boats. They are my hobby.

The issues with wood under fiberglass is that you don' know, or not sure when water will get under the fiberglass. Everything attached needs to be sealed and thru bolted with a backing plate and lock nuts. Screwed down items need to be sealed, and make sure you check that the screws are tight so water cannot get under the fiberglass.
If water gets under the fiberglass, it takes a long time to dry, if it does dry. If it rots, the only way to fix it is to remove the fiberglass, remove the rotten wood, replace with more wood or a composite and re-fiberglass. Not cheap.

Wood has a much better strength to weight ratio than the composites. But composites are getting better, and composites don't rot.

Boats with wood can be built in any shape or form and are much more customizable.