SaltyCajun.com http://www.jerrys-marine.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 05-06-2012, 11:12 AM
Ling

Cash: 562

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterisk-Rich View Post
Peter mcneely, I thought he was from laffy. I remember watching him train one day right across from Pete's on Johnston.
Yup he was here trainin fer awhile before the fight
Old 05-06-2012, 11:19 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,604

All I know is I kicked Tyson's @*$………

on Punchout!
Attached Images
File Type: png punchout1.png (95.7 KB, 69 views)
Old 05-06-2012, 11:22 AM
Ling

Cash: 1,329

I watched the Mayweather fight last night. He's a great boxer but why does he have to be so damn arrogant??
Old 05-06-2012, 11:24 AM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterisk-Rich View Post
I watched the Mayweather fight last night. He's a great boxer but why does he have to be so damn arrogant??
That dude is a douche. What an arse
Old 05-06-2012, 11:35 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,022

I always heard lafayette was a boxing town.
When younger could never find out where they trained at to atleast get to work with some good amature boxers.
I heard somewhere in Rayne a few years back they held some events.

As far Tyson I remember seeing match where one boxer was trying to wear him down due knew that only way to fight Tyson. I think the boxer didn't really start trying get points until later rounds. Boring fight due guy dancing but smart he knew you couldn't take shots from Tyson in early rounds.

Miss late 1970's where some matches went a few round hard hitting.

Biggest match I ever got to see live in person was guy from baton rouge fight a guy from one Latin American countries. Good fight but he lost. Local guy fairly well known around here and at one time was worked city of baker. What I would have given to get ring to train with him. I know I would got tore up but it would have been once in a lifetime thing.

Sad to see boxing losing events that were big and people watched.
Old 05-06-2012, 11:50 AM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsch1 View Post
I always heard lafayette was a boxing town.
When younger could never find out where they trained at to atleast get to work with some good amature boxers.
I heard somewhere in Rayne a few years back they held some events.

As far Tyson I remember seeing match where one boxer was trying to wear him down due knew that only way to fight Tyson. I think the boxer didn't really start trying get points until later rounds. Boring fight due guy dancing but smart he knew you couldn't take shots from Tyson in early rounds.

Miss late 1970's where some matches went a few round hard hitting.

Biggest match I ever got to see live in person was guy from baton rouge fight a guy from one Latin American countries. Good fight but he lost. Local guy fairly well known around here and at one time was worked city of baker. What I would have given to get ring to train with him. I know I would got tore up but it would have been once in a lifetime thing.

Sad to see boxing losing events that were big and people watched.
We trained out by carencro in stutes gym. Mr stutes was a beast!!! He knew i hated ta run n dat ol bastid would hand me a trashbag n tell me ta hit da riad. We would run that service road from one end to another wearin a trash bag fer a shirt ta help us sweat. Omg hot!!!!!! In 90 degree weather in gym he would crank up the heaters n tell us ta hit hard n hit long- if ya slacked he would hit you with a gloved hand. He hit me so hard sumtimes id see stars n once i pissed myself cus hed hit you outta nowhere. Needless ta say i always tried ta hit dat bag like i was hittin him. There is also a gym in rayne but i dunno the name
Old 05-06-2012, 12:26 PM
Trophy Trout

That must be place I heard about back 1980's
When parents moved back from California to baton rouge I wanted to live with my uncle in Lafayette to train there. Had reputation and my trainer knew about it.
I even heard some women boxers came out of Lafayette that are pretty good.
Do not know if it's same place.
True respect for you trainer with him.

Sad that our day we learned how to box and settled things that way.
Next day friends with few scrapes.
Now kids shoot each other with weapons instead of boxing.
Worst get ***** calls you names over internet curses you out, talks crap, and when offer to meet up face to face to box your bad guy. Called pussification of America.

Miss 1970's and early 1980's.
No Internet to hide behind if wanted to say something to another person face to face and could hold your ground you would. If not shut up. Didn't play video game thinking you could box you actually trained.

Especially loved good boxing matches on tv.
Old 05-06-2012, 12:35 PM
Ling

Quote:
That must be place I heard about back 1980's
When parents moved back from California to baton rouge I wanted to live with my uncle in Lafayette to train there. Had reputation and my trainer knew about it.
I even heard some women boxers came out of Lafayette that are pretty good.
Do not know if it's same place.
True respect for you trainer with him.

Sad that our day we learned how to box and settled things that way.
Next day friends with few scrapes.
Now kids shoot each other with weapons instead of boxing.
Worst get ***** calls you names over internet curses you out, talks crap, and when offer to meet up face to face to box your bad guy. Called pussification of America.

Miss 1970's and early 1980's.
No Internet to hide behind if wanted to say something to another person face to face and could hold your ground you would. If not shut up. Didn't play video game thinking you could box you actually trained.

Especially loved good boxing matches on tv.
Yea the good ol days. I always was a knucklehead fightin da streets and mom took me to mr stutes and i loved it. But he told me the only way i could train eas to stay outta trouble: thank god it worked lol. I took my share of whoopins n handed my share out. Its a shame youth today cant settle disputes with words or with a fair scrap instead of killin each other over nonsense. I trained with a bunch of great talent but the streets n street life got em n theyre either locked up r dead. Wasted talent. Its a shame
Old 05-06-2012, 01:32 PM
Trophy Trout

Yeah went back as prison guard in califronia
When lost my job in mid 1990's. I did charity boxing with some guys and true bad dudes locked up. Just today on my street they had police breaking up a fight between girls. Cleaned that up they back out breaking up fight between lady in wheel chair and some boys. Not same as was in 70's and 80's when strong dads in house.

Besides that who next guy to step up and bring fame back to sport?
Old 05-06-2012, 02:13 PM
Ling

Quote:
Yeah went back as prison guard in califronia
When lost my job in mid 1990's. I did charity boxing with some guys and true bad dudes locked up. Just today on my street they had police breaking up a fight between girls. Cleaned that up they back out breaking up fight between lady in wheel chair and some boys. Not same as was in 70's and 80's when strong dads in house.

Besides that who next guy to step up and bring fame back to sport?
I hope n pray we have another prodigy to bring back glory to the sport of pugilism but im afraid mma has taken over. I take my hat off to these guys. These guys are incredible athletes!!! I had trouble watchin a guys hands but these guys ta gotta watch their feet n legs- thats insane!!!! I hope some new blood brings a fire back to the world of boxing soon.
Old 05-06-2012, 02:32 PM
The Camp Cook....

Cash: 13,862

Yep......came a long way from Howard Cosell (sp) on ABC's Wild World of Sports.....that's where it used to be happening....
Old 05-06-2012, 02:56 PM
Trophy Trout

I know new stuff unreal.

If we do ever get a boxer that brings back the excitement back I am willing
Go Lafayette reserve 2 to 3 larger tables or room at hotel food or sportsbar where we can watch fight.
Pay half to have salty Cajun boxing fans with guest there for match.
Pass on just like meal fee with drinks and I take care room rental/basic keg or x amount of beer and wine softdrinks water.

Have people who enjoy boxing and maybe do what round will it go and who will win pool.

Last edited by jlsch1; 05-06-2012 at 03:23 PM.
Old 05-06-2012, 03:59 PM
Ling

Quote:
I know new stuff unreal.

If we do ever get a boxer that brings back the excitement back I am willing
Go Lafayette reserve 2 to 3 larger tables or room at hotel food or sportsbar where we can watch fight.
Pay half to have salty Cajun boxing fans with guest there for match.
Pass on just like meal fee with drinks and I take care room rental/basic keg or x amount of beer and wine softdrinks water.

Have people who enjoy boxing and maybe do what round will it go and who will win pool.
All i gotta do is talk to glenn at petes n he will hook us up fa sho. Ill talk withhim and maybe the next big fight we can get together there if not im ALWAYS gettin ppv superfights n im down ta cook drink n chill