SaltyCajun.com http://www.mkacpas.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 06-30-2011, 08:39 PM
Redfish

Cash: 749

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
Why is it a shame? Because a Guide caught it? Or because he is not allowed to fish the STAR? Or that there is only 8 left in Big Lake? Or you didn't catch it?
It is shamed he couldnt revive it He tried--good for him
Old 06-30-2011, 08:44 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,271

Quote:
Why is it a shame? Because a Guide caught it? Or because he is not allowed to fish the STAR? Or that there is only 8 left in Big Lake? Or you didn't catch it?

theres eight left in big lake? Where did you find that out? I'd like to know how many were released in what ares
Old 06-30-2011, 08:48 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,654

You can only do so much when shat like that happens, sucks for us but hey it's life just got to deal with it. Glad he made an attempt to release it and then report it
Old 06-30-2011, 09:38 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,071

i say let the guides fish it to.granted he fishes more than most but if he pays entry fee then he should be able.so u tell me u have a tourny and a group of guys hires a guide to fish a few days before and go and win tourny their is no differance.u pay u should be able to play.
Old 06-30-2011, 10:23 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 768

It's sad guides contribute more to cca than anybody in the state and get nothing in return but negative comments like this
Old 06-30-2011, 10:24 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,902

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossHog View Post
It's sad guides contribute more to cca than anybody in the state and get nothing in return but negative comments like this
Bingo. We have a winning statement.
Old 07-01-2011, 01:45 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,618

Quote:
This negative crap needs to stop!!!

now THAT is funny!
Old 07-01-2011, 05:59 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Bosshog you are right!!! I have always been in favor of letting guides fish the STAR and Shootout.......So many people get nervous when you say a guide is fishing an event! What the don't know is guides are not going catch big fish everyday....they are trying to get a limit of fish!
Old 07-01-2011, 08:02 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 635

The problem is that this will keep going on until the rules change. There are so many guides on Big Lake that fish like this will go wasted because the guides fish more days out of the tourney than the regular guys and cant participate in the tourney. I don’t mind the guides winning prizes if they pay the entry just like the rest of us. I just think that anybody who fishes should have a chance to win......
Old 07-01-2011, 08:09 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 863

I've pushed for a Guide's Division in STAR, something to reward them for their time on the water. Boss hog is right. Guides do a ton of work for CCA! I commend the Capt. for trying to revive it. Not much else he could do. If you release fish alot, you run into these problems with reviving a fish.

And yes, only about 8 left in Big Lake. Usually release about 10 per area for 50 total statewide.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:25 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 809

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrost View Post
I've pushed for a Guide's Division in STAR, something to reward them for their time on the water. Boss hog is right. Guides do a ton of work for CCA! I commend the Capt. for trying to revive it. Not much else he could do. If you release fish alot, you run into these problems with reviving a fish.

And yes, only about 8 left in Big Lake. Usually release about 10 per area for 50 total statewide.
IMO, there should be a guide's division also. I agree with the rule that they are not allowed to compete with everyone.
Old 07-01-2011, 10:44 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 9,890

I apoloize for any negative comments i may have made i know a bunch of guides it's just i like to see someone win this stuff. And w you're right they're just wanting to catch a limit for their customers, but these guys work hard to make a living and i respect them, cause i've done it before.
Old 07-01-2011, 10:46 AM
Great White

Cash: 1,217

There was a kid fishing with a guide that caught a tagged Red last week.
Guides are just on the water a lot, and there are a lot of guides on Big Lake.
They are earning a living, just like us, but have a lot more fun doing it.
I treat them just like any other fisherman. No reason not to.
Old 07-02-2011, 03:34 PM
Redfish

Cash: 749

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossHog View Post

Old 07-02-2011, 08:15 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,225

I just got my charter license not too long ago and now I'm ineligible for the star. Fished it my whole life. I fished just as much before I got my charter license as I do now. Just because someone is a guide doesn't mean they have an unfair advantage of winning the tournament. There are people out there who have enough time to fish just as much as a lot of guides and who are just as knowledgeable. I know from experience lol, hence the charter license now! Yes, there are some guides who know more than others and may be better at targeting a certain type of fish, such as a big trout, but that doesn't mean they go out and catch 10 pounders every day. It doesn't mean they have a tagged redfish locator on their boat. So I think the whole thing about not letting guides participate in the star is a little off. The CCA and Star tournament are both for a great cause, and in my opinion, the more participants the better. I believe that anyone who pays and wants to play should be able to because it is all in support of our beautiful state. At the least, having a guide division is something that I think is completely reasonable. I think all the guides would pay to be in it since it is their livelihood, and in turn only brings in more dough for CCA and for support of our Louisiana fisheries. Anyway, I just wanted to share my two cents since I won't be signing up for the star tournament anymore
Old 07-02-2011, 08:22 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGJ View Post
IMO, there should be a guide's division also. I agree with the rule that they are not allowed to compete with everyone.
Why should they not compete with others............I fish just as many days as a guide....I dont have Capt in front of my name but im on the water 110-20 days a year
I also know alot of guys like me who just fish....so why is a charter capt any different?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballFisherman View Post
I just got my charter license not too long ago and now I'm ineligible for the star. Fished it my whole life. I fished just as much before I got my charter license as I do now. Just because someone is a guide doesn't mean they have an unfair advantage of winning the tournament. There are people out there who have enough time to fish just as much as a lot of guides and who are just as knowledgeable. I know from experience lol, hence the charter license now! Yes, there are some guides who know more than others and may be better at targeting a certain type of fish, such as a big trout, but that doesn't mean they go out and catch 10 pounders every day. It doesn't mean they have a tagged redfish locator on their boat. So I think the whole thing about not letting guides participate in the star is a little off. The CCA and Star tournament are both for a great cause, and in my opinion, the more participants the better. I believe that anyone who pays and wants to play should be able to because it is all in support of our beautiful state. At the least, having a guide division is something that I think is completely reasonable. I think all the guides would pay to be in it since it is their livelihood, and in turn only brings in more dough for CCA and for support of our Louisiana fisheries. Anyway, I just wanted to share my two cents since I won't be signing up for the star tournament anymore

Just because you have your caption licenses does not make you ineligible for the STAR....

As long as you dont guide for money you can fish.....They have lots of guys who have Capt License who fish the STAR
Old 07-02-2011, 08:31 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,225

I've fished the star while only having my captains license - I know that doesn't make you ineligible. A captains license has nothing to do with fishing. Only after I purchased my charter license from LDWF (so I can guide for paying customers) did I become ineligible.
Old 07-02-2011, 08:45 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 988

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankscke123 View Post
i say let the guides fish it to.granted he fishes more than most but if he pays entry fee then he should be able.so u tell me u have a tourny and a group of guys hires a guide to fish a few days before and go and win tourny their is no differance.u pay u should be able to play.
Agreed!