Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Boating Talk

Boating Talk For discussion of everything related to boats and motors

Old 03-01-2010, 04:41 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,182

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluechip View Post
I have heard these stories for years but Jerry's is still in business...makes me wonder????

I do agree that their customer service sucks.....
I have a Merc.....and quit dealing with them when I need parts. They never would let you know when a part came in that you ordered. And it usually took much longer to get a part than what they would tell you.

Way to much "talking to people or on the phone" to wait on a customer.

Chris.....Jerry's will close down in a year if you compete with them.
Old 03-01-2010, 05:04 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,334

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrost View Post
So wheres new shop gonna be located???
Next door
Old 03-01-2010, 05:30 PM
Great White

Cash: 3,391

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
I heard a few Rumors that Jerry has been asking around about Chris marine.... I hope Chris does great and If he opens on April 1st I will be there
"April Fool"
Old 03-01-2010, 05:41 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,834

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrost View Post
So wheres new shop gonna be located???
Not even a half mile south of jerrys. On the left
Old 03-01-2010, 06:06 PM
Great White

Cash: 17,285

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray View Post
They never would talk to me when I was looking for a boat.
I went to talk to them and they said to look at the boats and someone would be out
to talk in a few minutes.
I stayed in the yard looking for an hour and no one would talk to me. Went back
inside and they were all at lunch except for one with rotten teeth, he wouldn't get
off the phone. Went back later that evening and they were shooting the bull with
some guides and had no time for me.
Jerry's don't know how to do business. I went elsewhere.

Likely why he was not at lunch with his fellow co-workers!! Also, I venture to the LC area for business at least once a month. A few years ago when I was looking to buy a boat I stopped there and the service was bad. I walked around in the yard for about 30 minutes and even went in the place......No help at all.
Old 03-01-2010, 10:53 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 650

Thanks for all the welcomes we will be open april 1st we are going to have demo days that weekend i will have all 6 Haynie MDLS there to ride in, demo days will be sat and sunday april 17th and 18th hope to see yall there i do have a guide program and a tournament program and i will make some smoking deals that weekend,and customer service is what Chris's Marine is made of we have won the csi award for customer satisfaction 5 years straight and we will do it again this year.
Old 03-01-2010, 10:57 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,834

Quote:
Originally Posted by MERCURY OUTBOARD MAN View Post
Thanks for all the welcomes we will be open april 1st we are going to have demo days that weekend i will have all 6 Haynie MDLS there to ride in, demo days will be sat and sunday april 17th and 18th hope to see yall there i do have a guide program and a tournament program and i will make some smoking deals that weekend,and customer service is what Chris's Marine is made of we have won the csi award for customer satisfaction 5 years straight and we will do it again this year.

when you gonna start cleanin that place up??? i have a feeling you are going to out grow it pretty quick
Old 03-01-2010, 11:24 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,604

Hey Chris, best of luck. I will definitely be there at your grand opening in support. Can't wait to get my boat from you - chomping at the bits!!!

This is great news for the area. Everyone I have ever spoken to at Chris' Marine has been fantastic! I have been reading another TX forum for quite some time, and they have nothing but the highest of praise for their level of service.
Old 03-01-2010, 11:34 PM
King Mackeral

On another note, and not to get all politically correct, no need for us to bash other dealers on here - especially if they are not here to defend themselves.

I can speak from experience that Chris went out of his way to pick up my boat in Sulpher for me and drag it back to his shop in TX as I couldn't do it because I was out of town. That goes a long way in my book.

Congrats Chris and best of luck!
Old 03-02-2010, 09:01 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,644

Here's a positive story: I went to Jerry's for 100 hour service on my Yammy and everything went as planned. Very reasonable in cost and he even did a little extra for no cost and didn't recommend any extra service and gave me a heads up on what to expect at 200 hrs. The guy with the bad teeth is interesting but the manager with glasses (maybe Jerry) seemed to be a good guy.

I called Lake Charles Marine for a week and never got the lady that runs service to call me back. Jerry's replied promptly. Just my .02. I have no reason not to go back. Plus I like looking at that Shearwater he's got in his lot when I drive by....
Old 03-02-2010, 09:56 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,007

another positive story about jerrys . bought a used boat about 10 yrs ago. after a couple of months having it one of the blades on my merc 225 prop sheered off. jerrys replace the prop free of charge. i didn't even buy the boat from him. saved me $$$$$$
Old 03-02-2010, 10:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly D View Post
I agree slander is not what we want on a good site
I agree with this, but, i didn't think what was said above was really slander

slander is malicious and false
Old 03-02-2010, 10:18 AM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,571

Slander or consumer education?
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 03-02-2010, 10:27 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."
Old 03-02-2010, 10:28 AM
Entering A World of Pain

W you brighten my day! LOL!!!! The truth shall set you free! LOL!!!
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 03-02-2010, 11:00 AM
King Mackeral

Agree with you guys above. My whole point in making the statement was this a thread announcing the arrival of Chris' Marine, a welcome addition to the area. If people want to talk about other dealerships or service centers then start another thread but don't steal the thunder...
Old 03-02-2010, 11:04 AM
Entering A World of Pain

Quote:
Agree with you guys above. My whole point in making the statement was this a thread announcing the arrival of Chris' Marine, a welcome addition to the area. If people want to talk about other dealerships or service centers then start another thread but don't steal the thunder...
gotcha Just excited about a quality dealer moving in town!
Old 03-02-2010, 01:47 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,466

I'm on my 3rd bay boat and I got them all from Jerry due to the fact that he had the best price in 3 states(tx,la,miss) on all 3.
Old 03-04-2010, 11:15 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 650
Default clean up

We have started clean up last week we are redoing the inside of the building Rita did some major damage,we have the roof done and almost done with the walls,the fence will be up by sunday we will install 2 new garage doors next week,then we will paint and install new ac unit i know i will out grow quick but i have to start somewere and we are building a new building in texas and is over 10 acres so first things first yall will just have to pick your boats up when im done and help me out on that and thanks for the 2 customers that bought new Haynies from me even though im not open they broke the ice for me already .Hope to see yall all soon.I will also have a 24 high output there monday i have a demo lined up for a guy from big lake guide service if anyone else would like to demo come by i will be there till thursday
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlincecum View Post
when you gonna start cleanin that place up??? i have a feeling you are going to out grow it pretty quick
Old 03-04-2010, 11:28 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 2,192

You the fella I talked to at the gas station in grand isle after the ifa tourney?? Nice boats you had out there....lotsa folks talked about them after.....