SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlesurgentcare.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 06-24-2010, 12:07 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,338

Thats pretty sweet. I want to get a helicopter. I have one of the little indoor ones but I want one that will just sit and hover and be more responsive and handle better
Old 06-24-2010, 12:08 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,505

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamp Critter View Post
Hey Specktator, I see you're from Lafayette. I'm from New Iberia. If you'd like you and your daughter can come for a demo some day, maybe even a little hands-on stick and rudder time. Right now I fly at the Pepper Plex (in the aerial picture) in New Iberia. Let me know if you're interested.
I definitely might take u up on that. Thanks!
Old 06-24-2010, 12:09 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,505

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF_T_Warren View Post
Thats pretty sweet. I want to get a helicopter. I have one of the little indoor ones but I want one that will just sit and hover and be more responsive and handle better
Yeh I bought one of those in Denver. It was sweet, but lasted me all of about 2 weeks!
Old 06-24-2010, 12:11 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,338

Quote:
Originally Posted by specktator View Post
Yeh I bought one of those in Denver. It was sweet, but lasted me all of about 2 weeks!
well this is my second one, my first one lasted all of 2 hours and ended up in the gf's swimming pool
Old 06-24-2010, 12:35 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 632

Other than fishing and duck hunting I played paintball for Houston Grudge for one season on the PSP circuit
<video
Old 06-24-2010, 12:42 PM
Redfish

Cash: 678

Specktator, I think the Champ will be my next plane. I like the fact that it can fly in small spaces, like even a quiet neighborhood street. Mine's a bit too fast for tight areas. Smallest place I flew mine was a baseball field at the park and with the trees and buildings I really had my hands full.
Old 06-24-2010, 12:54 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 2,192

I got one for the 9 yr old a few x-mas's ago..........xmas eve comes, and I can't wait........Brought the plane outside to test it out........DUH....rc planes don't have lights!!! I lost it in the dark........I found it the next day a block and a half away......It had hit a tree and was broken up pretty bad.......I thought I'd be able to at least hear it..........Stupid idea I guess.....
Old 06-24-2010, 12:55 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,217

There was something similar to that at Harbor Freight in Lake Charles this past winter.
Not sure if it is still sold there.
Old 06-24-2010, 05:00 PM
Redfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dink View Post
I got one for the 9 yr old a few x-mas's ago..........xmas eve comes, and I can't wait........Brought the plane outside to test it out........DUH....rc planes don't have lights!!! I lost it in the dark........I found it the next day a block and a half away......It had hit a tree and was broken up pretty bad.......I thought I'd be able to at least hear it..........Stupid idea I guess.....
Well, believe it or not, now they DO have lights for rc planes!
Old 06-24-2010, 05:26 PM
Redfish

Here a cool video of the Firebird Phantom. This guy is good. Keep in mind, this is a beginner's type, trainer plane.
Old 06-24-2010, 05:57 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,188

I flew RC planes for a few years when I lived in Florida. Flew them a few times here but didn't have a good place and didn't want to pay the membership fees or the insurance. I have a corsair, a scream machine, a 1/5 scale Bretling, a stick, and some other ones I can't remember. I used to love to fly it is really cool and a good challenge. Children seemed to be able to pick it up faster than adults because of all the video games they play. Back when I flew they had some really nice simulation games you could hook your radio right into the computer and practice without losing your plane. Maybe one day I will have to dust the old stuff off and fly around some.
Old 06-24-2010, 06:44 PM
Redfish

Last year I wanted to order the Flycamone2. It's 1 ounce, takes video with sound, and cost $75.00 plus shipping. The keychain camera I ordered weighs 1/2 ounce, also takes video with sound (with date/time stamp), and cost me about $18.00 shipping included. Now it may take a while longer to get here, but I'm glad I waited.
Old 06-24-2010, 07:00 PM
Redfish

Default Add-ons

My plane didn't come exactly like in the pictures. It had a set of landing gear, but it was some small hard wheels on thin wire. Bent easily. No tail wheel. I put on a set of main gear and tail wheel from the Hobbyzone Mini Super Cub. Soft wheels and much stronger. Tail wheel keeps the tail from dragging. Replaced wings and tail after a crash. New ones were plain white, so I painted the red and green stripes for visibility and orientation. Red left, green right, like nav lights. Helps alot.
Old 06-24-2010, 07:17 PM
Redfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray View Post
There was something similar to that at Harbor Freight in Lake Charles this past winter. Not sure if it is still sold there.
These planes are probably made in China, but they're not like the ones sold at Harbor Freight. Don't get me wrong, I've bought plenty tools there, but for rc planes I'd leave those alone unless you find a 3 channel plane very cheap. Hobbyzone sells good stuff with manuals in actual English.
Old 06-24-2010, 07:50 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 650

We are thinking about setting up a competition to fly planes and small heli's indoor for our technology students.

they are wanting to eliminate our control line airplane contest due to lack of participants. Which bites because I spent alot of time the past year teaching kids to build and fly them.
Old 06-24-2010, 08:46 PM
Redfish

I had a control line "jet" from Cox about 427 years ago back in the mid '70s when I was a child. Never had too much luck flying it. Dad tried but where I lived there wasn't much room. Don't remember if we ever went to a ball park or any place like that (was a LONG time ago..) but I remember liking how that tiny engine sounded. I actually still have that little engine. I've seen other guys flying them and looked like they were having a good time.
Old 06-24-2010, 08:46 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 2,192

Swamp critter..........you been to Cajun RC in laffy? Nice place andnthe dudes a fisherman to boot......
Old 06-24-2010, 08:50 PM
Redfish

Hey Reel Bender, sounds like you're a teacher. Maybe you could pass around a petition. Who knows? Worth a try.
Old 06-24-2010, 08:55 PM
Redfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dink View Post
Swamp critter..........you been to Cajun RC in laffy? Nice place andnthe dudes a fisherman to boot......
Yes. bought several spare parts for my plane there. Nice store and very nice people. I just wish they still carried the parts. Maybe my next plane will come from there.
Old 06-24-2010, 08:56 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,217

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamp Critter View Post
I had a control line "jet" from Cox about 427 years ago back in the mid '70s when I was a child. Never had too much luck flying it. Dad tried but where I lived there wasn't much room. Don't remember if we ever went to a ball park or any place like that (was a LONG time ago..) but I remember liking how that tiny engine sounded. I actually still have that little engine. I've seen other guys flying them and looked like they were having a good time.
I got a plane and 2 cars from Cox. I had to save sprite bottle caps to get them. I hit all the coke machines in town every evening and made the owners give me all the bottle tops.