SaltyCajun.com http://www.lyonsagency.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 10-01-2012, 10:37 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

Nice meat haul there buddy!
Old 10-01-2012, 12:02 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,182

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuze13 View Post
It's was a weekend of reliving and making great memories last weekend on the good ole big lake. We have had a camp on Turners for 30 years now and we are only lucky enough to have a day like this every once n a while.

It was the first time in a long time I had taken people fishing since I began my career in what I do now. An early Saturday morning provided nothing and we were down and out because we knew we were missing out. After circling the lake for half a day, I need up stopping at my favorite spot for this time of the year. Some of you old timers might remember it as the tank batteries.

Well the rest is history. Saturday afternoon and most of the day Sunday brought these beautiful fish to us. The gentlemen I brought with me were from up north and decided to mount their larger fish. We had 3 fish go 7+. I normally won't keep a fish over 18" but the client chose to. Not too bad for two days of fishn Big Lake The only bad news from all this is our 5lb+ fish were all caug on Mr. Twister Slimy Slugs!!!! And I am out after buying 3 cases when I started to slack off the trips if anyone can find them please let me know. From September to January these are the best plastics in my opinion. Good fishin fellas!

(We fished two days and these were all the fish) Sorry guys can't flip from my pad. The gentleman I took sent me the pic just now.
Attachment 41013
I was out in the area of the Tank Batteries last week. Have there been a bunch of "stakes" put out around the old location. What I saw seemed to be a little too far to the northwest but I did not check the GPS location.

On the Slimy Llugs...... I think I have some in with all my Bass fishing worms. I will have to pull them out and see. If so, I will put a few in my boat to give them a try.
Old 10-01-2012, 12:04 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,750

Awesome meat haul
Old 10-01-2012, 12:33 PM
Redfish

Cash: 831

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald View Post
I was out in the area of the Tank Batteries last week. Have there been a bunch of "stakes" put out around the old location. What I saw seemed to be a little too far to the northwest but I did not check the GPS location.

On the Slimy Llugs...... I think I have some in with all my Bass fishing worms. I will have to pull them out and see. If so, I will put a few in my boat to give them a try.

Your exactly right Gerald - you could imagine the old "TB" about 1/4 mile due south east and thats the northern most part of the reef - and on the slimy slugs, how much do you want for them? I have NO clue why they stopped making them.
Old 10-01-2012, 12:41 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,958

Epic trip Fuze!
Old 10-01-2012, 03:44 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Your exactly right Gerald - you could imagine the old "TB" about 1/4 mile due south east and thats the northern most part of the reef - and on the slimy slugs, how much do you want for them? I have NO clue why they stopped making them.

Well I went and checked and this is what I found. I think these are Slimy Slugs but not sure because they were in just a plastic wrapper with no markings. After digging through my supply of plastic baits, I found a bunch that I did not know I still had. I got to stop buying plastic baits and use up some of what I got.

Cost......????? Maybe an invite to go fishing one day soon. Other wise, if I try this baits on my next trip and if they catch as good as you say, I might not want to part with them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Slimy Slugs by Mr. Twister.JPG (156.9 KB, 132 views)
File Type: jpg Slimy slugs by Mr.. Twister.JPG (148.0 KB, 134 views)
Old 10-01-2012, 03:49 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,346

nice slaughter there man! gotta love days like that! and no i can't get slimy slugs lol sorry ebay or have you contacted skulldraggers for a custom pour?
Old 10-01-2012, 04:23 PM
Redfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald View Post
Well I went and checked and this is what I found. I think these are Slimy Slugs but not sure because they were in just a plastic wrapper with no markings. After digging through my supply of plastic baits, I found a bunch that I did not know I still had. I got to stop buying plastic baits and use up some of what I got.

Cost......????? Maybe an invite to go fishing one day soon. Other wise, if I try this baits on my next trip and if they catch as good as you say, I might not want to part with them.

WOW - those are them for sure - see that salt and pepper one...... and the third one from the left..... ya those are the money baits right there. Try them out man.... They are awesome in BL (not so much up on the north end)
Old 10-01-2012, 07:51 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,563

I use to watch terry shaunessy on his lake Charles open channel tv show back around 99 or 2000 and he always talked about those slimy slugs. I used to use them then moved on to other baits. It's amazing how new baits catch more fisherman than anything else.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:10 PM
Redfish

Yep. The only bait I can compare it to is sand eels. Those were just as popular back in the day. Shoot that's when they first came out with bay boats by skeeter. Bay champ was the ticket. Id like to get one and see what skull dragger can do honestly.

Of course a brokeback corky isn't too bad for big trout. I can get those BTW. I've yet to see them in the stores. It's about time for them too
Old 10-02-2012, 12:04 AM
Redfish

Cash: 692

Fuzzwhacker is that u?
Old 10-02-2012, 09:07 AM
Redfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdntboy09 View Post
Fuzzwhacker is that u?
Phil McKraken?....
Old 10-02-2012, 09:24 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 9,130

Quote:
Phil McKraken?....
Marcque Liebewitz
Old 10-02-2012, 09:28 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 9,890

Good lawd!!! That's a meat haul
Old 10-02-2012, 09:31 AM
Redfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltERedneck View Post
Marcque Liebewitz
Jontelle MoCocque' - LOL yes its true
Old 10-02-2012, 06:26 PM
Redfish

Cash: 692

Yes sir
Old 10-07-2012, 03:35 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
WOW - those are them for sure - see that salt and pepper one...... and the third one from the left..... ya those are the money baits right there. Try them out man.... They are awesome in BL (not so much up on the north end)

I tried them out a few days ago. Looks like they worked good. I used the green color the most, but both colors caught trout.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Slimy Slug Trout.JPG (114.5 KB, 34 views)