SaltyCajun.com http://cajunrodandreelrepair.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 05-27-2010, 05:54 PM
Great White

Cash: 2,738

Very interested Bryan,I just sent you a email.
Old 05-27-2010, 07:10 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,488

Update: guys, I will try to get to each and every one of you. If I get the contract you can bet the people that need the work will get the work. The best way to get me is throught the email posted.

We will not be able to work people on a part time basis - sorry. We will try to establish some type of rotation if the work progresses to that point. Right now, we just don't have the answers I need to pull the trigger and get people in for paperwork. This original email was sent out to see if i even had enough people available to do the work, and clearly I do.

I have heard from several of the guys on the east side that have been through the orientation and are sitting around. Well, the 9 people that went to the hospital yesterday may have put a damper on some plans and things are being evaluated. Stay tuned for more info and I will call you once we get the the green light so make sure I have your #.
Old 05-27-2010, 07:16 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,834

thanks Brian, keep us posted
Old 05-27-2010, 07:16 PM
Great White

Cash: 2,738

Thanks man,keep us posted.
Old 05-27-2010, 08:46 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,461

Sounds good, I'm ready.
Old 05-27-2010, 08:54 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,010

If I wouldn't have just started a new job, I could definitely handle some of that. I will pass this on to some of my family with your email for contact.

Warren
Old 05-28-2010, 02:11 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,217

My sister emailed this to me today:

If any of you know of someone looking for a job running a boat have them contact Bryan Foti at the email address posted at the bottom of this message.

Ok guys, putting a feeler out there!

Our company is in the process of getting people lined up to run some boats for the response/cleanup. The bulk of the work will be driving small work boats w/ outboards to the affected areas from the dock. Sometimes you will wait on site, other times you will be making constant round trips.

You will need to like being on a boat....... a lot! LOL!

You will need to know boats, and I mean how to put the plug in, how to stop a boat without knocking everyone over by hitting the dock, general knowledge of a GPS or Radar, know how to actually talk on a VHF radio and not say "mais what you want me der far - mais' I just left dat spot", and so on.... I bring this up because someone forgot to mention that to the people that have been running some boats out there.

The pay will be $25-$30/hr, working long days, average has been sun up till 18:00 hrs. Lodging will be provided and I am still working out details for per diem, so I will announce that when I get it. I will conduct a Hazwoper course at my office in Lafayette, and we need you to have a TWIC card. I know the TWIC is a big pain for people, but I don't make the rules, I just try to get things done. I am asking for a waiver for the TWIC, but can't promise that.

Email: bryan.foti@teammcllc.com

Old 05-31-2010, 10:02 PM
King Mackeral

*********update**************

In the event you guys thought I forgot about you - here is the latest. One thing I will not do is put myself or my employees in a position where the chance for the "unkown" exsist for any of us. This could be a safety issue, or a monetary issue - either way, I want assurances that things are documented and understood by all parties involved to make a job as smooth as possible!

Our contract negotiations stalled when I could not get the answers I needed from their poeple. I figured they would call, or I would wait it out to see if any decisions had been made. Well, the call came tonight about 6pm and I will be revisiting their contract over the next few days and looks like I will have some answers by the afternoon of Thursday. Cross your fingers!
Old 05-31-2010, 10:05 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,461

Fingers crossed, thanks for the update; and good luck.
Old 06-01-2010, 08:10 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

Keep us posted man! Hopefully with all of this goin on you still get a chance to enjoy your new rig!
Old 06-01-2010, 08:22 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 576

Thanks for all the work and headaches with all of this.
Old 06-01-2010, 01:46 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 650
Default ready to go

I hold a 100 ton masters lic,twix card ,Ihave doing business as a charter guide in sw florida for 25 yrs. I am ready at a drop of the hat,soundsgreat to me . I can be reach at cel# 239-340-3358 or at cpttjw@aol.com tom walsh thank you.
Old 06-01-2010, 03:02 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 650

i currently have a six pack license and a twic card. i've operated vessels for over thirty years in southwest florida. i'm ready to go. i can be reached @239-633-2177 or reelactionadventures@earthlink.net looking forward to hearing from you
Old 06-01-2010, 05:19 PM
King Mackeral

To all you guys in Florida:

Not sure how the word made it all the way to you guys, but BP is adamant about hiring local people first and they will have priority. However, if this thing ends up heading your way, I will give a heads up to logistics and get your contact info to them.
Old 06-01-2010, 06:32 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,834

Keep the updates coming Bryan. Thanks
Old 06-01-2010, 10:39 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 913

hey fin I am interested and I have my twic card plus I attended LSUE and majored in Industrial Safety and Fire Science plus I also have a CDL with Hazmat endorsement. I know how to handle a boat plus all of that other good stuff with the gps.
Old 06-02-2010, 08:19 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: -189

i cant wait to find out wats goin to happen...im getting sick of watching...and am out of work right now due to the oil...im a south louisiana native and need this...its nice that you guys from florida wanna come help but FFF you are right we need to fend for our own kind right now...its ashame to say that but i know over 200 people right now that would probably jerk a florida guys neck if they found out yall came and got jobs when they as oyster, crab and shrimp fishermen are unemployed.
Old 06-02-2010, 08:31 AM
King Mackeral

Hang in there Hustler, I know it must be tough, but they are trying - really, really trying to do the right thing. I know it is stressful, and media is not making it any better, but the big picture of how to handle things is different from what some people have on their minds. When it is all said and done, we can not afford to lose one more life to this incident, and 11 was too many.
Old 06-02-2010, 09:17 AM
Ling

Cash: 1,338

Quote:
Originally Posted by whunter29 View Post
hey fin I am interested and I have my twic card plus I attended LSUE and majored in Industrial Safety and Fire Science plus I also have a CDL with Hazmat endorsement. I know how to handle a boat plus all of that other good stuff with the gps.
what year did you graduate from LSUE? I too have a fire science degree from LSUE-2003-2005
Old 06-02-2010, 09:27 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Rene Dandry If there captains not fishing and looking for some good part time "oil clean up work" call me. All you would be doing is driving a boat. CALL ME FOR DETAILS. 504-352-4771. $35 an hour.Gauranteed 8 hours a day. Anything after 40 hours a week is time and a half.