SaltyCajun.com http://k2-coolers.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 01-29-2012, 10:05 PM
BIG MOUTH BASS!

Cash: 5,913

good point there Ooops, I'd take pics of life jackets and as well as having the state law and say you were anchored with the power pole and let that be your defense. I'm pretty sure CG won't be able to recall details of the stop or even show up to if it went to court. and if you lose, you would have to pay fine plus $40 court cost. its worth fighting it or letting it get dismissed before it goes to court.
Old 01-29-2012, 10:10 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,086

When I was 18 I was in my 16ft flat with a 15 evinrude on the back.
Got pulled over in madisonville at the turn b4 friends restaurant...... For making a wake..... Cigarette boats were flying by me!!

Redicilous!!
They pulled my buddies over too about 30 min later same deal.
Old 01-29-2012, 10:33 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,152

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPfishnTIM View Post
good point there Ooops, I'd take pics of life jackets and as well as having the state law and say you were anchored with the power pole and let that be your defense. I'm pretty sure CG won't be able to recall details of the stop or even show up to if it went to court. and if you lose, you would have to pay fine plus $40 court cost. its worth fighting it or letting it get dismissed before it goes to court.
I had adult life vest in the boat but not children's.

Im not going to fight to get it dismissed. I should have not let them in the boat even if I were only going a little ways away. I will however tried to get it reduced to reasonable amount.
Old 01-29-2012, 10:48 PM
Super Moderator

Cash: 18,521

Quote:
Originally Posted by youmyboyblue View Post
I had adult life vest in the boat but not children's.

Im not going to fight to get it dismissed. I should have not let them in the boat even if I were only going a little ways away. I will however tried to get it reduced to reasonable amount.
Have you learned your lesson?
That is the primary reason for a fine. To educate through financial penalty.

+1
Old 01-29-2012, 10:57 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulMyers View Post
Have you learned your lesson?
That is the primary reason for a fine. To educate through financial penalty.

+1
I am fine with a penalty, but just wish it was not more than a friends in law paid for a felony drug and misdemeanor drug arrest.
You won't hear me bad mouth the coast guard or claim innocence. Just my opinion is that $2200 is a lot of money for this violation.
Old 01-29-2012, 11:05 PM
Super Moderator

Cash: 18,521

Quote:
I am fine with a penalty, but just wish it was not more than a friends in law paid for a felony drug and misdemeanor drug arrest.
You won't hear me bad mouth the coast guard or claim innocence. Just my opinion is that $2200 is a lot of money for this violation.
My point was, if you've learned the lesson, why have to pay a huge fine. I would take all the documentation I could with me and fight it. No since in paying when you've already learned the lesson.

+1
Old 01-29-2012, 11:07 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,250

Quote:
My point was, if you've learned the lesson, why have to pay a huge fine. I would take all the documentation I could with me and fight it. No since in paying when you've already learned the lesson.

+1
X2.
Old 01-29-2012, 11:10 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:

+1
I agree. Just mainly pissed at myself bc I know better. I have already not let my brother bring his son fishing with us bc he didn't have a life vest. I mentioned i have 6 vests, thats in case other kids come. I take it very seriously. I wear one myself when riding alone. Not an excuse, but we were doing the furthest thing from riding.
Old 01-29-2012, 11:15 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 3,813

Quote:
I agree. Just mainly pissed at myself bc I know better. I have already not let my brother bring his son fishing with us bc he didn't have a life vest. I mentioned i have 6 vests, thats in case other kids come. I take it very seriously. I wear one myself when riding alone. Not an excuse, but we were doing the furthest thing from riding.
I agree with you 100% blue, you have obviously learned your lesson, but to pay $2,200 for this is just plain absurd!!!!
Old 01-30-2012, 07:28 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

If that is the fine, that sucks. But, when have you ever known a law enforcement agent to know the exact fine of every ticket they write. He may have been fishing for a kick back???? You may find out the ticket price is much less.