SaltyCajun.com http://www.lyonsagency.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 04-15-2012, 03:43 PM
Calcasieu Extreme Rods

Cash: 13,351

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckinchen View Post
I will say this, I see how easy it is to get off track. Can't blame this one on W.
I bet we could if we tried hard!!!!!!!
Old 04-15-2012, 03:45 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 9,890

Quote:
i will say this, i see how easy it is to get off track. Can't blame this one on w.

who says we can't? I blame everything on w even at the house with my wife. Lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-15-2012, 03:46 PM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterisk-Rich View Post
I thoroughly enjoyed the north and their easy women especially the jewish ones
One of the girls you know from NYC kept trying to be my friend on Facebook. I was like I dont know you and I don't want to be your friend
Old 04-15-2012, 04:01 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,329

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaux fishing View Post
One of the girls you know from NYC kept trying to be my friend on Facebook. I was like I dont know you and I don't want to be your friend
LOL, she added my mom the other day.
Old 04-15-2012, 04:07 PM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Quote:
LOL, she added my mom the other day.
Crazy ex?
Old 04-15-2012, 04:21 PM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaux fishing View Post
Crazy ex?
Man, shes from Madrid and from the beginning i told her that i had just gotten out of a relationship and wasnt looking to get into another one and she said she was "cool" with that. Obviously her English wasnt up to par

When i left she had a total melt down, added all my friends on facebook and sent them crazy messages like "He left a bunch of clothes here and i need to send them to him. Can i please have his address?"

I sure did learn a lot about women in my 2 years up there
Old 04-15-2012, 08:39 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

Quote:
There is no place like home.

I guess i'm just a restless spirit. 26 yrs old, No wife, No Girlfriend, No kids and really cant see myself with any of those anytime soon. I enjoy moving around and meeting new people and learning new places. Since i graduated High School I have lived in California, New York, Utah, Texas, Idaho and Washington. I stayed in NYC the longest and definitely had the most fun up there but you are right, something always draws me back to Louisiana.
I was the exact same at 26. I spent a lot of time in South America though. Venezuela was pretty cool but Aruba and Colombia will always be a dear place in my heart....

Today, over 6 years later, I love my "grounded" life! I have the "been there, done that, got the t-shirt" mentality I guess. That being said, I love my southern life!
Old 04-15-2012, 09:11 PM
Site Owner/Admin

Cash: 22,225

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern151 View Post
I was the exact same at 26. I spent a lot of time in South America though. Venezuela was pretty cool but Aruba and Colombia will always be a dear place in my heart....

Today, over 6 years later, I love my "grounded" life! I have the "been there, done that, got the t-shirt" mentality I guess. That being said, I love my southern life!
I would never have guessed that about you....
Old 04-15-2012, 09:16 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,044

I've lived up in oklahoma and in the pan handle of Texas while rodeoing in college and never doubted that I would be back in my home state. People are fascinatined by the south and I would never live anyplace else. I've traveled to many states but nothing compares to living down here. Les la Bon to roulie or however you spell that!!
Old 04-15-2012, 09:28 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 3,813

Amen my cajun friends. Nothing like the south!!!
Old 04-15-2012, 09:29 PM
Blue Marlin

Cheers

Quote:
I would never have guessed that about you....
Really?!

Man, I wasn't living nearly like I am now, then. I bought my house sometime in 06 but, it was a way of a tax write off and a place to pass out @ 6 am! It's a wonder my"southern" living didn't kill me!

Again, I love my Sundays in the South now. The rest is out of my system.
Old 04-16-2012, 12:51 AM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern151 View Post

you just jumped about 10 points cooler in my book! Man I would kill to live in Columbia or Aruba for a little while. What did you do for work while you were down there?
Old 04-16-2012, 07:48 AM
Redfish

Cash: 830

kinda figure why i need to drive over 50 miles plenty to fish and hunt rite here born deep south and prode of it
Old 04-16-2012, 11:27 AM
Blue Marlin

Quote:
you just jumped about 10 points cooler in my book! Man I would kill to live in Columbia or Aruba for a little while. What did you do for work while you were down there?
Only 10 points cooler?! LOL! I went to Aruba a couple of times to work when Valero owned a plant down there. It belongs to a Brazilian company now(A place I never went but, always wanted to!) and, they don't use too many American co's. I went to Colombia twice. Once was for work, the next time was for vacation. It's a great place to visit! I spent 8 days in Medellin the last time I went. I spent a whopping $500 for the whole week and ate at the finest restaraunts and partied at the baddest clubs! It's cheap to visit and a visit one will never forget!

Venezuela...SUCKS now, thanks to Hugo Chavez! I'd never touch foot in that country again so long as that man is alive! It's BAD down there for Americans now days! Also, Trinidad and St. Croix...You can keep them too! They just aren't great places to be. St. Croix makes New Orleans look like a dream getaway. That being said, there is plenty of work on both islands and they use a lot of American contractors.

Drop me a line and, I'd be glad to give you the ins and outs of ColOmbia. It's a pretty simple place, really and, living is pretty inexpensive. I actually had it figured up to where I could come to the US and work turnarounds about 4 months a year and live the other 8 down there, modestly but also comfortably.
Old 04-16-2012, 12:42 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,505

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334598095.846487.jpgstole this off of fb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-16-2012, 04:51 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 556

Just remember that although working overseas sounds great and is a great way to see places that you might not ever see otherwise, unless you are supervision you may be living in a man camp surrounded by concertina wire and armed guards. ( Sound like prison???) many places Americans are not the most favorite folks around. and these actions are to keep you from getting robbed and / or killed.
If you can handle it and will sign up for a year flat you can come home w/ well into the 6 figure range in your pocket ,Tax free. But it ain't for everyone.
Old 04-16-2012, 05:32 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 2,464

Asterisk-Rich if you want to travel I can put you in contact with a company my stepdad works for, him and my moms in Australia right now.... been there 1 yr and before they were in Trinidad 1 yr and spent 1 yr in a differnt part of Australia and been to Newfoundland
Old 04-16-2012, 05:35 PM
Calcasieu Extreme Rods

Cash: 13,351

What is the company and what they do?
Old 04-16-2012, 05:38 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 2,464

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchief View Post
What is the company and what they do?
Bectal he is in management keeping track of job progress but they are always looking for workers. They have hired out to plants, mines, big phone company jobs, pipeline jobs.... they do a lot of different types of work
Old 04-16-2012, 06:08 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,535

My brother is an engineer for Bechtel. Big company with jobs all over the world.