Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Boating Talk

Boating Talk For discussion of everything related to boats and motors

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 04:08 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 565

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montauk17 View Post
He commented on price of a new trolling motor,that is off topic. The thread was about a warranty issue.
Retail and warranty go hand in hand would you want to have something fix by someone who charged you over msrp for a product I think not
Old 06-22-2011, 04:20 PM
Great White

Cash: 2,738

Quote:
Originally Posted by specknation View Post
Retail and warranty go hand in hand would you want to have something fix by someone who charged you over msrp for a product I think not
Warranty on trolling motors is 100% covered by the manufacture. That has nothing to do with retail sales.
Old 06-22-2011, 04:24 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,578

Quote:
Warranty on trolling motors is 100% covered by the manufacture. That has nothing to do with retail sales.
Would you want to bring your product for warranty work to a business that tried to rip you off???
Old 06-22-2011, 04:27 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
Who do you think fix the motors the mr. motorguide no the guy that own
the place come on dude
Old 06-22-2011, 04:28 PM
Great White

All I am saying is I have heard nothing but good about his service side of the business. Lets not turn this into a pissing match,he just wants his trolling motor fixed. sheesh! I honestly don't see how a trolling motor only shop stays afloat. Your lucky to make 100 bucks on a 1,000 dollar sale.
Old 06-22-2011, 04:35 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
All I am saying is I have heard nothing but good about his service side of the business. Lets not turn this into a pissing match,he just wants his trolling motor fixed. sheesh! I honestly don't see how a trolling motor only shop stays afloat. Your lucky to make 100 bucks on a 1,000 dollar sale.
I agree with you about the pissing match, but you saying you do not know how a trolling motor shop makes money is not correct. Motorguide and minn kota warranty claims in this area are huge everybody has them motors just look around. The warranty along work is big bucks, have a buddy who tried to get the warranty service center in Florida the list had over 500 people in line if a territory come up same here.
Old 06-22-2011, 04:37 PM
Great White

Quote:
I agree with you about the pissing match, but you saying you do not know how a trolling motor shop makes money is not correct. Motorguide and minn kota warranty claims in this area are huge everybody has them motors just look around. The warranty along work is big bucks, have a buddy who tried to get the warranty service center in Florida the list had over 500 people in line if a territory come up same here.
All I can say is I have worked in the marine business my whole life. If you think there is good money in trolling motor sales and service someone lied to you. Im done with this bs,lets get back to the original topic.
Old 06-22-2011, 04:38 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,086
Default Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayouchub View Post
And what do your lies contribute? U never even owned 3 trolling motors.
Get bk to facts.....
Old 06-22-2011, 04:44 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
All I can say is I have worked in the marine business my whole life. If you think there is good money in trolling motor sales and service someone lied to you. Im done with this bs,lets get back to the original topic.
You have no idea what you are talking about, The Trolling motor shop in BR now called what ever has been in business forever i guess they just loose money all the time and still stay open. Foster Trolling motor shop in new orleans been openfor 20 years I could continue but you are not worth talking too.
Old 06-22-2011, 04:45 PM
Great White

Quote:
You have no idea what you are talking about, The Trolling motor shop in BR now called what ever has been in business forever i guess they just loose money all the time and still stay open. Foster Trolling motor shop in new orleans been openfor 20 years I could continue but you are not worth talking too.
If you want to get personal and tell me I have no idea what Im talking about give me a ring. 337-849-0945
Old 06-22-2011, 04:50 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,581

u could just send a pm. but whatever. no more or this thread is done.
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 06-22-2011, 04:53 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
If you want to get personal and tell me I have no idea what Im talking about give me a ring. 337-849-0945
U stated that trolling motor shops do not make any money, I just stated they stay in business in each town through good times and bad another one is Ray's Repair in Houma in business I do not want your phone #
Old 06-22-2011, 04:59 PM
Great White

Quote:
U stated that trolling motor shops do not make any money, I just stated they stay in business in each town through good times and bad another one is Ray's Repair in Houma in business I do not want your phone #
I never attacked you and said you have no idea what you are talking about like you did. Trolling motor shops that have been in business for years do much more than just trolling motors. Did you know that motorguide does not send you a check for warranty repairs? They credit your account to buy parts. Im not going to speak figures,but there is very little markup on parts.
Old 06-22-2011, 05:11 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,086
Slimer Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayouchub View Post
Did u have the ipilot?
Nope.....I-pilgrim..... Took me to all the hot spots!!
Old 06-22-2011, 05:41 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
I never attacked you and said you have no idea what you are talking about like you did. Trolling motor shops that have been in business for years do much more than just trolling motors. Did you know that motorguide does not send you a check for warranty repairs? They credit your account to buy parts. Im not going to speak figures,but there is very little markup on parts.
Motorguide and MinnKota pay for labor to fix the motors parts is not where the money is. Example my minnkota 80 went out last month parts total 57.00 Labor 97.00 total bill 154.00. The guy had 39 trolling motors out of warranty to fix in the next week or so do the math. Whatever
Old 06-22-2011, 05:51 PM
Great White

Quote:
Motorguide and MinnKota pay for labor to fix the motors parts is not where the money is. Example my minnkota 80 went out last month parts total 57.00 Labor 97.00 total bill 154.00. The guy had 39 trolling motors out of warranty to fix in the next week or so do the math. Whatever
Ok,let me see if I can state it a different way so you can understand. The business does not get payed in a form of a check or direct deposit into the business's bank account. You get payed for LABOR by getting a credit to parts for repairs. Low markup on parts equals low profits. Talk to any banker or cpa and they will tell you there is no way to make "big bucks" doing business like that. Does that make sense to you? I know this information because I worked in the line of work for most of my life.
Old 06-22-2011, 06:00 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
Ok,let me see if I can state it a different way so you can understand. The business does not get payed in a form of a check or direct deposit into the business's bank account. You get payed for LABOR by getting a credit to parts for repairs. Low markup on parts equals low profits. Talk to any banker or cpa and they will tell you there is no way to make "big bucks" doing business like that. Does that make sense to you? I know this information because I worked in the line of work for most of my life.
Last Statement on this Minn Kota pays Labor for warranty work I know this
for a fact. Minn Kota has a book showing the owner how long it should take
to fix a certain part and how much they pay back to owner in labor. I do understand what you are saying about motorguide paying back in parts, I worked in parts at a boat dealer ship for 12 years. Trolling Motor shops make good money in South Louisiana u do not agree OK lets leave it at that.
Old 06-22-2011, 06:03 PM
Great White

Quote:
Last Statement on this Minn Kota pays Labor for warranty work I know this
for a fact. Minn Kota has a book showing the owner how long it should take
to fix a certain part and how much they pay back to owner in labor. I do understand what you are saying about motorguide paying back in parts, I worked in parts at a boat dealer ship for 12 years. Trolling Motor shops make good money in South Louisiana u do not agree OK lets leave it at that.
Ok,then why get in a pissing match with me when this thread was about a MOTORGUIDE trolling motor. Trolling motor shops make money on accessories and installs on other items besides trolling motors. I know this for a FACT! My definition of good money compared to yours must be different,lets leave it at that.
Old 06-22-2011, 06:11 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
Ok,then why get in a pissing match with me when this thread was about a MOTORGUIDE trolling motor. Trolling motor shops make money on accessories and installs on other items besides trolling motors. I know this for a FACT!
OK look at your #25 entry you said you did not know how trolling motor shops stay afloat that means all shops minnkota and motorguide if you think most trolling motor shops have both brands. I say they make good money and I know they do u say not. Have a great day
Old 06-22-2011, 08:34 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 5,366

I bought a 36v motorguide and a power pole from ken in the past..... Smokin deal . Idk what y'all are talking about cuz he always hooks me up
Closed Thread