SaltyCajun.com http://www.acadianamarina.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 06-14-2010, 07:56 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dink View Post
We had the kids, so we did Shliterbaun. Moody Gardens is cool b/c of the Aquarium(but that's it)........The Rain Forest still has no animals since the storm lsat year. They are closing it soon to fix it up nice........WHAT EVER YOU DO!!!! DO NOT STAY AT THE COMMODORE BY THE BEACH!!!! By far the WORST Hotel I've ever stayed in, and I've stayed in some 19.95 a night joints...........This place was 200 a night!!!! I'll call ya later...........
What? The crack whores there wanted more than at the $19.95 joints?! Sounds like price gouging to me!
Old 06-14-2010, 08:08 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 908

Quote:
We had the kids, so we did Shliterbaun. Moody Gardens is cool b/c of the Aquarium(but that's it)........The Rain Forest still has no animals since the storm lsat year. They are closing it soon to fix it up nice........WHAT EVER YOU DO!!!! DO NOT STAY AT THE COMMODORE BY THE BEACH!!!! By far the WORST Hotel I've ever stayed in, and I've stayed in some 19.95 a night joints...........This place was 200 a night!!!! I'll call ya later...........
Yea if we go we're most likely gonna stay at the Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort, I stayed there a few weeks ago when I was there for work and it was a pretty nice place. If we don't stay there, we may stay at the place the Rainforest Cafe is in, I don't remember the name of it but it looked really nice.
Old 06-14-2010, 08:10 AM
Swordfish

Quote:
O and how was Schlitterbahn? One of my wifes friends went there not that long ago and said it was nasty.
Old 06-14-2010, 08:32 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 700

Quote:
Originally Posted by longsidelandry View Post
I think we're just gonna go to Galveston and hope the oil doesn't head that way. My brother, my dad and I will probably try to get a fishing trip lined up while down there.
I am taking the family to Galveston next month for vacation. My dad just moved in between Kemah and league city so we will only be about 20 minutes from Galveston and it will be a free place to stay. Lots of stuff to do. I was there this weekend with my little boy and took him to the board walk in Kemah and he really liked it. They have speed boat rides, amusement park rides, sailboat rides, tons of restraunts and bars. We are going to go Thursday-Sunday and take the kids to The boardwalk Friday and take them on a 3 hour sailboat ride where they cook lunch for you then take them to ride the rides at the boardwalk, Friday we will go to the beach in galveston, and Saturday we will go To Schlitterban. It's only a 4.5 hour drive from Bunkie.
Old 06-14-2010, 10:11 AM
Flounder

Cash: 600
Default Not sure what all you like doing on vacation

Couldn't say for sure what the oil will do to the beaches around Destin, but I would still go despite the news media claiming the end of the world is near. We just got back and the threat was reported all week long. We did hit the beach several times and one of my daughters went about 4 miles offshore to scuba dive. Only thing she complained about was everyone got seasick because it was a little rough. There are a lot of things to do beside stay on the beach. We spent most of our time doing many of the things offered around the area...of which where waterparks, restaurants, shops, etc. There was an algea bloom that made it uncomfortable to swim on the beach anyway. Sand was still white and there was plenty of sun and margaritas to soak up. Beaches weren't crowded and the drive wasn't all that bad. Probably get a pretty good deal right now too. Just not much for the mountains myself. I like sand, sun and margaritas that have no bottoms to the glass!
Old 06-14-2010, 10:34 AM
Great White

Cash: 1,902

Quote:
O and how was Schlitterbahn? One of my wifes friends went there not that long ago and said it was nasty.

Unless your friend is like Brittney Spears?
It's Decent, fun, etc.
Old 06-14-2010, 10:39 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 2,192

We foundeit to be great.......very clean. Didn't have enough room in locker for everything and justt left our bags out.......it stayed all day, no one messed with any if it. Not one pro lem with other folks at all like at that place in baton rouge.
Old 06-14-2010, 10:44 AM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntin fool View Post
Unless your friend is like Brittney Spears?
It's Decent, fun, etc.
Quote:
We foundeit to be great.......very clean. Didn't have enough room in locker for everything and justt left our bags out.......it stayed all day, no one messed with any if it. Not one pro lem with other folks at all like at that place in baton rouge.
Ok that's what I figured. I didn't think that a major water park such as Schlitterbahn would let it get run down and trashy.
Old 06-14-2010, 12:40 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray View Post
Lake Travis in Austin, Tx. They's got a topless beach. Good water clean fresh water.

this one has my vote
Old 06-14-2010, 12:41 PM
King Mackeral

last pics i seen of that schlitterbaun it was underwater from the comal. i might would check to make sure its open
Old 06-14-2010, 12:45 PM
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamsfence View Post
last pics i seen of that schlitterbaun it was underwater from the comal. i might would check to make sure its open

Forgot about that...Yea check!
Old 06-14-2010, 12:46 PM
Great White

Cash: 2,534

Quote:

there are more places than New Braunfels
Old 06-14-2010, 12:47 PM
Swordfish

Quote:
Quote:
Forgot about that...Yea check!
Dink just went a couple of weeks ago and said they went to Schlitterbahn.
Old 06-14-2010, 12:50 PM
Great White

Quote:
Dink just went a couple of weeks ago and said they went to Schlitterbahn.

Adam you seen the New Braunsfel Schliterbahn.
Your right lol, Galveston should be fine.
Old 06-14-2010, 12:51 PM
Swordfish

Quote:
Adam you seen the New Braunsfel Schliterbahn.
Your right lol, Galveston should be fine.
What happeded to the one in New Braunfels?
Old 06-14-2010, 12:53 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 700

Quote:
What happeded to the one in New Braunfels?
I know they have been getting lots of floods up there. My lil brother just got back Thursday though and everything was good.
Old 06-14-2010, 12:58 PM
Blue Marlin

I was there on Saturday. .......it was all good
Old 06-14-2010, 12:58 PM
Blue Marlin

Quote:
I was there on Saturday. .......it was all good
The one in Galveston
Old 06-14-2010, 01:11 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,763

Sounds like the water there in galveston......sandy disturbed brown water w/ a rip of fresh green water just outside of swimming distance...usually w/ the right winds the beautiful green water will lay all the way up to the beach. I've seen the water florida clear many times in galveston....even seen fishing riding wave crest. Kinda odd though that the beach was full of seaweed!?? They usually have cleanup crews...dozers and what not removing that junk and smoothing out the beach or adding fresh sand every morning. I for one love Galveston....would live there again and would never shoot it down for a nice get away. You guys have fun and hit up the taffy shop on the strand!
Old 06-14-2010, 01:12 PM
King Mackeral

my wifes cousin sent me some pics they live on the guadalupe river by the damn and he had picks of campers and motorhomes floating over the damn. i'll try and find them he sent them to my wifes email i'll get them this evening