SaltyCajun.com https://www.facebook.com/CalcasieuExtremeRods

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 08-12-2014, 02:22 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,347

I hope you're right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-12-2014, 02:46 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,569

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smalls View Post
I'd like to think Bart's character would keep him from falling into such situations where he is persuaded one way or another, but we are all human. Anything can happen, especially when politics can be all too easily injected into a situation.

I think (and I hope) y'all will he happy with what he does. I know Bart is a great conservationist, and I really think he will do a fine job on the LWFC.

Only time will tell though.

Well said
Old 08-12-2014, 03:33 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 10,192

I know Bart through the Lake Charles Delta Waterfowl commitee. Great dude. I consider this a move in the right direction coming from what we had in there before. The DW regional director for Louisiana, Texas, Mississippi sent in a letter of recomendation and endorsement for Bart.
Old 08-12-2014, 08:28 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,948

Just read where Larry Reynolds said Bart was the only one to vote "No" on moving the coastal zone duck season back. I guess depending on who you are, you either like that or hate it.

Larry has stated time and time again that the harvest data supports the earlier opening in the coastal, so I imagine Bart's "No" was in support of the earlier season based on the data.
Old 10-07-2015, 09:05 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 460

Quote:
I know Bart. Great guy, great turkey hunter. I believe he will do a fine job as a commissioner. Had the pleasure of serving on the Lake Charles N W T F committee with Bart, and he did a lot more than many would do for the chapter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-TOP View Post
Glad we could keep the seat in this area. We got lucky with this appointment. Think he will do a great job.
Quote:
As far as wildlife goes, I'd say he's more of a science guy. Definitely conservation minded. But, like DB said, he's only one vote.

If there was ever a guy I would have faith in, it would be Bart.
Quote:
I'd like to think Bart's character would keep him from falling into such situations where he is persuaded one way or another, but we are all human. Anything can happen, especially when politics can be all too easily injected into a situation.

I think (and I hope) y'all will he happy with what he does. I know Bart is a great conservationist, and I really think he will do a fine job on the LWFC.

Only time will tell though.
Lmao!! Guess we see who fell into the politics pretty quick. Be interesting to know if ol Mr courville promised him a blind in his marsh. Lol
Old 10-07-2015, 09:17 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 866

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Dawg View Post
Lmao!! Guess we see who fell into the politics pretty quick. Be interesting to know if ol Mr courville promised him a blind in his marsh. Lol
yea something is fishy here... or shall i say, something is real "grey ducky" around here...

:*****::*****::rot fl::*****:: rotfl::*****:
Old 10-07-2015, 09:41 AM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Yeah......I still think Bart is a good guy. Doesn't mean you can't fall for the pressures of politics.
Old 10-07-2015, 12:05 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,837

Quote:
Haha did anyone really think we could have a group of commissioners not swayed by politics?
Old 10-07-2015, 02:36 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: -747,400

Quote:
Yeah......I still think Bart is a good guy. Doesn't mean you can't fall for the pressures of politics.
Old 10-07-2015, 05:26 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,486

Noticed only one guy on the LWFC is from north LA.
I've also noticed that on other boards, magazines, etc there's next to nothing ever mentioned about north LA. I understand the fishing down here is better for obvious reasons, but with the huge number of hunters up in the northern 2/3 of the state, why is no one up north stepping up and getting on that LWFC board or even writing an article every now and then in any LA magazine or other publication? It's almost like Louisiana stops at I-10.
Old 10-07-2015, 05:43 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 556

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahlangle View Post
I've also noticed that on other boards, magazines, etc there's next to nothing ever mentioned about north LA. I understand the fishing down here is better for obvious reasons, but with the huge number of hunters up in the northern 2/3 of the state, why is no one up north stepping up and getting on that LWFC board or even writing an article every now and then in any LA magazine or other publication? It's almost like Louisiana stops at I-10.
Get invited to go hunting up in north Louisiana.
In a lot of places when they find out you're from south Louisiana it's like you have the plague.
We are the stereotypical shoot anything that moves, over the limit, don't recover shot game ,leave your trash everywhere hunters and fishermen to a lot of them.
I got invited by the owner for a week each year for 7 years to deer on hunt a piece of property 1 mile from the La/Ark line. usually 10 - 12 hunters.
I was the only one not from up that way.
once they found out where i was from you could feel the change in attitudes. Most every trip after a couple of days at least one would tell me .You're not one of those typical "coonazz" hunters .
Never could get one to sit down and explain to me what a typical "coonazz" hunter was.
Old 10-07-2015, 06:43 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

Nice bump
Old 10-07-2015, 07:07 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: -747,400

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
In a lot of places when they find out you're from south Louisiana it's like you have the plague.
We are the stereotypical shoot anything that moves, over the limit, don't recover shot game ,leave your trash everywhere hunters and fishermen to a lot of them.
I got invited by the owner for a week each year for 7 years to deer on hunt a piece of property 1 mile from the La/Ark line. usually 10 - 12 hunters.
once they found out where i was from you could feel the change in attitudes. Most every trip after a couple of days at least one would tell me .You're not one of those typical "coonazz" hunters .
Never could get one to sit down and explain to me what a typical "coonazz" hunter was.
You blame em?
Old 10-07-2015, 07:26 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 4,521

Years ago I got checked by a warden and when he looked at my rifle he said "you can't be from south la., this is a bolt action and all they shoot down there are automatics so they can kill more". True story.
Old 10-07-2015, 08:04 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 728

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahlangle View Post

There's quite a few making a fuss now. Because they're worried that if the SELA marsh guys ever get put into the East zone because they want later season dates and not be in the coastal zone (earlier season dates) and hunt that way for a few years and then realize/decide they want back in the coastal zone that some big wig will have power to change East zone dates to open earlier. Which is not very common opinion in North La.
Hopefully that makes sense. If not I can copy and paste from another forum and may make more sense.
Also I'm referring to the proposed boundary changes that WILL NOT effect the 2015-2016 season. But it WILL effect 2016-2021 seasons. Zone Boundaries can be changed for every 5 years. Season dates is a battle year to year. By saying all that, I expect North la guys to start speaking up very soon
Old 10-07-2015, 08:30 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,486

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.
Old 10-07-2015, 08:41 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 460

I really don't undersunderstand why there's even a conversation. And I don't understand why Larry is wasting his time with this. The crooks on the commission have already proved they are not for us. This was an option in the survey and majority turned it down. Now it's getting shoved down our throats. Election coming up boys. We need to push to get rid of the crooked weasels on the commission and let Larry do his work and make decisions according to his surveys and research.
Old 10-07-2015, 08:56 PM
Redfish

Cash: 365

Keywords & definitions in this thread
Lawyer - money
Politics - lots of money
Political pressure - follow the money trail
Old 10-07-2015, 09:15 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,728

Quote:
I really don't undersunderstand why there's even a conversation. And I don't understand why Larry is wasting his time with this. The crooks on the commission have already proved they are not for us. This was an option in the survey and majority turned it down. Now it's getting shoved down our throats. Election coming up boys. We need to push to get rid of the crooked weasels on the commission and let Larry do his work and make decisions according to his surveys and research.

We vote on the LDWF commission?

Old 10-07-2015, 09:24 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by AubreyLaHaye458 View Post
We vote on the LDWF commission?

No, but they are appointed by the governor and approved by the house.