SaltyCajun.com http://www.angler-products.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 06-17-2013, 11:43 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

Agree with that^^^

Traffic in Lafayette SUCKS!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-17-2013, 11:46 AM
Great White

Cash: 2,738

Been here all my life,it really got bad after katrina. The roads were never designed for the amount of people we have living here now. Been all over the country lafayette is still the best I have found to call home.
Old 06-17-2013, 11:50 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 2,192

My wife is a Clin Sup over there. Theres lots of College housing around the hospital
Old 06-17-2013, 12:09 PM
Flounder

Cash: 790

no he is right STAY AWAY from Youngsville...its terrible, you will hate it. Everyone who lives there hates it. They all want to live in Opelouses!
Old 06-17-2013, 12:41 PM
Flounder

Cash: 660

ngsville! Oh yeah, Scott is also the Boudin Capital of the WORLD!!!!!! How can you not love that???
!!LOL!!

Last edited by rbertrand; 06-17-2013 at 01:11 PM.
Old 06-17-2013, 12:43 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 2,192

I'd love to move out toward Scott or surounding area. But doesn't it flood out there pretty bad?
Old 06-17-2013, 01:03 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,488

My 2 pennies - I work off Kaliste/Pinhook area, minutes from LGMC. I live in Crowley. I make it to work in less time than guys who live in Youngsville. Takes me 30 minutes tops. I like the fact that on days I don't work, I am not in Laffy traffic. If you are looking to rent and don't want an apartment, I would venture to look for a country home in the Scott/Rayne area. Not that far of a drive, and easy access to I-10 when you want to cruise home to Sulphur for visits. It really does take 35 minutes to cross this town and the Youngsville/Broussard/Cade areas are so over priced it's almost laughable!
Old 06-17-2013, 01:10 PM
Flounder

Rolleyes Welcome to Lafayette!

check out the Scott area. We live about 2 miles west of Scott and my wife and I work at LGMC. Traffic in am is not too bad coming from here, takes 15-20 minutes usually. Scott is a small town, pretty much everything you need, close access to I-10 and Hwy 90. Oh, and Scott is the Boudin Capital of the WORLD!!!!! How can you not like that???
Old 06-17-2013, 01:49 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,449

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbertrand View Post
check out the Scott area. We live about 2 miles west of Scott and my wife and I work at LGMC. Traffic in am is not too bad coming from here, takes 15-20 minutes usually. Scott is a small town, pretty much everything you need, close access to I-10 and Hwy 90. Oh, and Scott is the Boudin Capital of the WORLD!!!!! How can you not like that???
Yep, Scott and the area to the north and west are great. My next move will be in that direction
Old 06-17-2013, 02:38 PM
Flounder

never really had any bad flooding and I've been here 30 years. You have the occasional water over the road during soaking all day rains and maybe during/after hurricane or storm. A lot more flooding north of I-10 around Carencro area.
Old 06-17-2013, 03:02 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,737

You could try to find a place to rent in the Saint streets, but is keep it on the west side of university if I were you. They got Champagnes within that area that has good plate lunches and you could take the scenic route by campus when school is in and enjoy the view.
Old 06-17-2013, 03:07 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,582

jeezz leaving god's country (Sulphur) for Lafayette...are you crazy??

Just kidding...I loved Lafayette when I lived there. Nice place to be when your young, single, and have some $$ in yo pocket...
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 06-17-2013, 03:20 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,505

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montauk17 View Post
Lol lafayette is no better....takes me 30 mins to go 8 miles to and from work.
That's why you move to "Upper" Lafayette.
I can be on I-10 or I-49 in 2 minutes. I lived off Johnston St. for years and traffic is terrible. I couldn't take it anymore. Now I only go into "town" for dates and school for my daughter. Got an Academy on my end now. All I needed. And they are about to tie my road to Louisiana Ave to make it even more convenient. Both my sisters lived on the southside for years as well. After I moved on the northside, they both realized how much better it was and now they both live within 2 miles of me.

This wouldn't be ideal for a nurse working at LGMC though. That would be a 30 minute ride every day. But it would also be a 30 minute ride from around UL campus area as well. If I was fresh out college, sounds like you are single, I would live as close to downtown as I could.
Old 06-17-2013, 03:32 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

Quote:
Originally Posted by specktator View Post
I can be on I-10 or I-49 in 2 minutes. I lived off Johnston St. for years and traffic is terrible. I couldn't take it anymore. Now I only go into "town" for dates and school for my daughter. Got an Academy on my end now. All I needed. And they are about to tie my road to Louisiana Ave to make it even more convenient. Both my sisters lived on the southside for years as well. After I moved on the northside, they both realized how much better it was and now they both live within 2 miles of me.

This wouldn't be ideal for a nurse working at LGMC though. That would be a 30 minute ride every day. But it would also be a 30 minute ride from around UL campus area as well. If I was fresh out college, sounds like you are single, I would live as close to downtown as I could.
Every time I go to that academy I feel like I'm at Citi Trends.

I haven't seen a wife beater or someone's underwear hanging out of their pants in Broussard since I moved there, and it's much quicker via 90 to LG when compared to Youngsville. 90 is six lanes now all through there, or you can jump on Pinhook and hit Bendel.
Old 06-17-2013, 03:35 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,542

We'd be glad to have you in Judice!! It's south of Scott and Duson. We could also use a few guys in the VFD with medical training .

Congrats on the job as well.
Old 06-17-2013, 04:01 PM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goooh View Post
Every time I go to that academy I feel like I'm at Citi Trends.

I haven't seen a wife beater or someone's underwear hanging out of their pants in Broussard since I moved there, and it's much quicker via 90 to LG when compared to Youngsville. 90 is six lanes now all through there, or you can jump on Pinhook and hit Bendel.
I sure never see any of that when I go there. Matter of fact, don't think I have ever ran into a "brotha" in the hunting/fishing section before. Glad you don't see saggy pants but you deal with the most horrific traffic in the state(hwy 90/Pinhook/Albertson's Parkway) if you live in Broussard as well. Couldn't pay me to live in Broussard area.
Old 06-17-2013, 04:56 PM
Great White

Cash: 2,738

Quote:

I hear ya I live on the southside by the mall....hard to move when house and property is payed for. No doubt about staying close to downtown....one of my podnas lived off of jefferson,good times.
Old 06-17-2013, 05:55 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,065

I live in Crowley and work in Lafayette. I work in the heart of Lafayette and it takes me (on average) 32 minutes to get to work. Living outside the city has it's advantages. Property values, abundant land, slower pace......Disadvantages in my experience are poor utilities and service.

Just based off of Traffic if you move to Youngsville/Broussard area you will have temporary issues. Lots of population boom out there without the roadway capacity to back it up. Roads are being built in Youngsville/Broussard, so in the next 10 years or so the congestion should get a little better. Chemin Metairie extension, Verot School widening, U.S. 90 widening to Interstate Grade, Bernard/Fairfield extension. Lots of roundabouts instead of signals.

Good areas that I would look into If I had it to do over. Fieldspan Rd. around Scott, Rayne, Crowley, Breaux Bridge. Possibly Carencro or Sunset, just south of Opelousas, but watch the flooding and check the new flood maps.

I have friends that live off of W. Bayou Parkway, which is within a stones throw of Lafayette General. They love it. There are some apartments right off of South College in this area; again, within a stone's throw off Lafayette General.

Overall Lafayette is a conservative minded progressive community. I know that sounds like a contradiction, but its true. Lafayette Utilities Service provides internet to the population at a lower price than utility companies, traffic devices are cutting edge. Lots of restaurants and night life. Good people that are rich in culture.
Old 06-17-2013, 06:47 PM
Swordfish

I have been thinking we were talking about Lourdes hospital by STM. LGMC is right by my old house. I lived behind Ground Pati on Johnston. So anywhere around downtown would be a good spot. Definitely wouldn't live around the southside(Youngsville/Broussard/Maurice). You would have a 30 min drive everyday. Lots of condos and apartments in the area.
Old 06-18-2013, 12:03 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,737

Quote:
I have been thinking we were talking about Lourdes hospital by STM. LGMC is right by my old house. I lived behind Ground Pati on Johnston. So anywhere around downtown would be a good spot. Definitely wouldn't live around the southside(Youngsville/Broussard/Maurice). You would have a 30 min drive everyday. Lots of condos and apartments in the area.
I've been in a rental on Whittington for about four months now. Seems like a decent area. Was it a good neighborhood in your time there?