SaltyCajun.com http://www.mkacpas.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 12-30-2014, 04:46 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 5,316

all rifles im looking at are avilble through a 3rd party ( so i figure ill be paying a little more) GAP10 is 8-11 month wait for custom order, jp-lrp07 is 4-6 weeks , wilson is at firearm store in br .

i love vortex, i have the razor binos and they are great , wife has the vipers and we both have the rangfinders . im about to buy a vortex razor spotting scope for sheep hunts . i have a ziess on m 270wsm and love it also . main thing i dont like about the vortex is the weight but other than that they are freaking awesome .

300blkot vs .308 ...mainn reason im on the 308 is availability of ammo and price of ammo
Old 12-30-2014, 05:07 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 942

Fishinpox, I don't mean to get off subject but what are the better gun shops in BR IYHO?
Old 12-30-2014, 09:41 PM
BIG MOUTH BASS!

Cash: 5,913

Jims has the largest selection of firearms and accessories in baton rouge, ferrara has good prices on what they have in there very small store, accurate has good prices. I also like to check out LA Gun and Reloading supply.
Old 12-31-2014, 12:08 AM
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickLafayette View Post
Fishinpox, I don't mean to get off subject but what are the better gun shops in BR IYHO?
I really like BOWIE OUTFITTERS , everyone that works there is super nice and very helpful.

As the above posted JIM'S has a great selection but in my experience the majority of the salesmen are a holes who act lie the invented the gun EXCEPT the guy who helped me te other day ... He was a good guy .

My issue is the majority of the guys who workin gun shops have this inferiority complex or little man complex not sure but they act like they are so knowledgable but all there info is from reading some magazine article so the say stuff like " I don't care for the ......... Feature". Then I ask " well why ? ". They ALWAYS reply" I don't know it's just my opinion "

So sick of that crap ! Explain your opinion so you can help inform me so I can either make the purchase or not lol it's not that hard .

Most of em are the same as the thug homeboys get em out of their environment ( gun store) and take away the side arm and their whole attitude changes into a puss ! Like when you catch a homeboy w/o his pals around they won't say c hit!

Lol rant over haha
Old 12-31-2014, 09:37 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 942

Thanks for the info, don't know BR that well. I know what you mean about the "experts". It's even worse at gun shows with their attitudes. As a former firearms instructor and armorer for a large P.D. and gunsmith for a very successful fishing and firearms shop, I forgot more than most of these young "experts" know, probably before a lot of them were born. I will bow to them for knowledge about some of the latest developments in firearms products and technology as I have been out of the loop for many years except for my own personal guns. They still don't have to act the way they do.
Old 01-01-2015, 11:09 AM
Blue Marlin

Pretty sure I'm going with the JP enterprises LRP 07 and vortex razor glass
Old 01-01-2015, 02:37 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,834

nice choice. step-dad has a JP 308 that is bad azz