SaltyCajun.com http://www.egretbaits.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 05-14-2013, 02:43 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

Quote:
Originally Posted by SULPHITE View Post
Also there was a mother's day beating at a gas station in Baton Rouge...41 yr old male knocked unconscious, along with his wife who is undergoing/or recently had chemo therapy for breast cancer---yes she was knocked unconscious when she tried to help, oh yeah and her 14 yr old daughter was hit as well when she tried to intervene....CCW here I come...

http://www.nbc33tv.com/news/crimetra...at-gas-station

trying to keep this in the open forum...so hold your comments...yes its a problem...use big boy words...
http://www.nbc33tv.com/news/crimetra...lained-answers

As it turned out, it was the pink shirt the victim was wearing that was so offensive...

BRPD is a bunch of cowards!

BTW, our own Eman got a top honor for most profane without profanity in the responses to the above article!
Old 05-14-2013, 02:48 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Dawg View Post
Just curious. Why were they "in the wrong neighborhood"? What is that supposed to mean?
maybe he asked him for directions and he was trying to tell them where they were wanting to go
Old 05-15-2013, 09:09 AM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,571

BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) -
The FBI could step in to help Baton Rouge Police with an alleged fight at a gas station with three black suspects and a white family.
MOREAdditional Links

Additional Links

Police not ruling out hate crime charges in gas station attack

Updated: Tuesday, May 14 2013 10:11 PM EDT2013-05-15 02:11:36 GMTMay 14, 2013 9:11 PM CDTMay 14, 2013 9:11 PM CDT

Baton Rouge Police say they are not ruling out hate crime charges connected to the attack on a white family at a North Baton Rouge gas station. For now, the charges remain the same. A man, his wife, andMore >>

A man, his wife, and their daughter were attacked at the Chevron on Plank Rd. and Scenic Highway. The attack was bad enough to send the man to the hospital. Since the news broke, there's been an outcry on social media and talk radio for stiffer charges.More >>

Police: Family attacked for being in "wrong neighborhood"

It's a story that's grabbed national attention with cries for justice on social networks.
The face of the 41-year-old victim from Sunday night's argument shows a broken nose, a broken eye socket and cuts to the face. It happened at the Chevron Gas Station on Scenic Highway off Plank Road.

The family does not want their names or identity released just yet, but he did tell WAFB's Kiran Chawla on the phone what happened Sunday around 9:30 p.m. The family of four was heading home, they needed gas so they stopped.

The man said me the credit card reader did not work at the pump, so he went up to the window to pay. That's when he said three black suspects, two men and a woman came up to him.

He claimed Donald ****erson, 41, cut in front of him in line and said "You're in the wrong neighborhood."

The victim responded, "All I'm trying to do is get some gas." He said that's when ****erson told him "he was not going to make it out."

The victim said "I just dismissed it. Truly this guy is joking. I just turned my head and he motioned like he was walking off, but he was leaning to the side to take a punch at me. I got hit two or three times on the way down. My wife, 41, was punched in the back of the head and knocked out cold and fell to the cement ground. (She) has staples in the back of her head."
As for his teenaged daughter, he said "she was punched in the face and stomach" and another young daughter was in the car watching everything and called 911.

He said Devin Bessye and Ashley Simmons punched his wife and Simmons hit his daughter. Both Bessye and Simmons were given misdemeanor summons for simple battery and released on sight. ****erson was charged with second degree battery and booked.

"The charges that took place the other night were preliminary and based on the initial information that was available to the investigators on the scene and to some extent at the hospital. We are now doing a follow-up investigation to re-interview the victims," said BRPD's Lt. Kelly.
In response, the victim told Chawla, "It is incorrect. Mistakes happen, and it needs to be reversed."

Under former Police Chief Dewayne White, officers were ordered to book all misdemeanor offenders. When interim Police Chief Carl Dabadie took over, that policy was relaxed. Now, changes have been made.

"Chief Dabadie wanted to give the officers more discretion to make decisions in the field with respect to misdemeanor cases and whether someone should be booked or issued a summons, and it was never his intention however that crimes of violence, misdemeanors of violence be summoned. It was his intention that those individuals should be booked and it is still his intention that they should be booked. What caused that to happen with this incident where people were released on summons is still part of an ongoing investigation but moving forward, crimes of violence will be booked," said Lt. Kelly.

Now BRPD is looking into help from the FBI because their investigation so far shows the incident does not meet the hate crime statute, but federal laws for the hate crime could be different.
As for surveillance video, the store's owner tells 9News the camera that would have picked up everything was broken.
In the meantime, police are asking for the public to bear with them.

"All we would ask is people be patient and that people don't rush to judgement. We have to deal with facts, not emotions with these sort of investigations," said Lt. Kelly.
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 05-15-2013, 11:37 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,978

Unreal! Makes me sick to my stomach. Could you imagine that being your family?
Old 05-15-2013, 11:45 AM
Great White

Cash: 3,391

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp snorkler View Post
They have the guy on video who did it....... I'll bet the rivals get him before the cops do.

NOPD will never find this guy. You talk about a "Keystone" force!!
Old 05-15-2013, 11:51 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty View Post
NOPD will never find this guy. You talk about a "Keystone" force!!
US Marshals have been brought in to assist in locating the suspect. I think they normally get their man. That said, I do hope rivals get him first...It'll save on prison space!
Old 05-15-2013, 12:01 PM
The Camp Cook....

Cash: 13,852

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern151 View Post
US Marshals have been brought in to assist in locating the suspect. I think they normally get their man. That said, I do hope rivals get him first...It'll save on prison space!

I agree....
Old 05-15-2013, 12:13 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 556

Most of his "rivals" are in jail. This was the turf of the 110ers of which 15 were arrested last week
Old 05-15-2013, 02:08 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 949

he was just let out of the new orleans jail the week prior to the shooting.a judge lowered his bail and let him walk
Old 05-15-2013, 02:14 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 2,464

Quote:
Originally Posted by toodeep View Post
he was just let out of the new orleans jail the week prior to the shooting.a judge lowered his bail and let him walk
these animals need to be put down just like a dog that bites someone is put down, take them to the town square and let'em swing from a rope and broadcast it on national tv
Old 05-15-2013, 02:24 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 460

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedeater View Post
these animals need to be put down just like a dog that bites someone is put down, take them to the town square and let'em swing from a rope and broadcast it on national tv
That would be racist and a hate crime. Criminals have rights too!!!
Old 05-15-2013, 02:54 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Dawg View Post
That would be racist and a hate crime. Criminals have rights too!!!
then call me racist, hateful and give me a rope
Old 05-16-2013, 12:27 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

6 arrest have been made

2 for the shooters with 20 counts of attmepted murder
4 for harbouring them
Old 05-16-2013, 12:44 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp snorkler View Post