SaltyCajun.com http://www.lyonsagency.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 08-04-2011, 12:15 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,505

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedeater View Post
back when I ran lawn business I would cut over to the neighbors house or at least far enuff over that they did not mess my customers yard or drive up, made my customer happy and neighbor happy to have less to cut
What's a drive up?
Old 08-04-2011, 12:16 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 685

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suthrngntlmn View Post
Problem solved with Round-up and 2-4-D, pure dirt in 2 weeks.
if/when i resort to that, im not paying big money for round -up that stuff's expensive...DIESEL works just as good, down to the dirt,
Old 08-04-2011, 12:18 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 2,464

I think Killzall or Honcho is what Tractor Supply sales and its pretty much same as Roundup and runs somewhere around $50 for 2.5gallon or go to local feed store and the will have off brand of Roundup and its concentrated
Old 08-04-2011, 12:19 PM
Ling

Cash: 4,851

Quote:
Originally Posted by msu-tfrancois View Post
I think everyone is wonderin what happened......so what happend?!
Let me try and dig up the old post, long story
Old 08-04-2011, 12:26 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fastmerc View Post
What's a drive up?
sure even your small mind can fig that out
Old 08-04-2011, 12:35 PM
Calcasieu Extreme Rods

Cash: 13,342
Default articles

could not find threads but here are some articles in relation to what happend.

Posts tagged ‘lake charles police’

Shooting witnesses talk to police

Officer who fired shots reinstated after review
BY VANESSA C. DEGGINS
Investigators continue to gather information in the death of a Lake Charles man who was shot Feb. 9 by Lake Charles police as they checked on a recently burglarized house.
“They are still interviewing witnesses from the scene and are waiting on toxicology reports,” state police spokes–man Sgt. James Anderson said Monday. Because the shooting involves a local law enforcement agency, Troop D is in charge of the investigation.
The man, 29-year-old Warren Lawrence, reportedly walked into the house at 1738 Elms St. and came up behind the officers, Cpls. Dustin Fontenot and Lamar Cook, as they were searching the house for a possible burglar at about 8 p.m.
The officers turned and saw the man, and Fontenot — believing Lawrence to be armed — fired on him, officials said. Neighbors reported hearing at least five shots.
A third officer, rookie Shawna Broussard, was elsewhere on the property.
The investigation was immediately turned over to state police. Fontenot was placed on administrative leave with pay on the night of the shooting.
Sgt. Mark Kraus, spokes–man for the city police, said Fontenot was reinstated Monday afternoon after the department’s shooting review committee finished an internal investigation. The committee comprises supervisory members of the department, Kraus said.
According to police records provided to the American Press, Fontenot has been with the department for five years as a patrol officer. Cook has been with the department 16 years as a patrol officer. He had been training Broussard for six months.
Kraus said all of the officers have served in good standing and have been involved in no incidents before this one.
Court records show that Lawrence, who lived at 1736 Elms St., recently served a prison term for simple criminal property damage valued at more than $500. He had other arrests, but no other convictions.
His mother, Dora, told KPLC-TV that Lawrence was at home and went outside to smoke a cigarette at about 7 p.m. A short time later, she said, she heard gunfire.
link: http://bit.ly/cmgVOR
Add comment 16/02/2010

Officers involved in fatal shooting

BY VANESSA C. DEGGINS
Lake Charles police officers responding to a burglary call late Tuesday shot to death a man inside the house they were called to.
The man was pronounced dead at the scene. His identity was not made available late Tuesday.
Louisiana State Police is investigating the shooting.
At around 8 p.m., officers were called to 1738 Elms St. for a burglary-in-progress, according to Lake Charles Sgt. Mark Kraus.
“When the two officers entered to clear the home, a man entered behind them,” Kraus said.
Kraus said the officers turned and saw the man, who they said was holding a firearm. The officers fired on him, believing he was a threat.
A nearby resident reporting hearing about five shots.
The owner of the residence, who declined to be identified, said a neighbor called him just before 8 p.m. saying that his front door was open.
“I told him to call the police, and I left work to come home,” the homeowner said.
The house is on a residential street one block behind Immaculate Conception Cathedral School and a few blocks from Christus St. Patrick Hospital.
The homeowner said someone attempted to kick in his back door last Wednesday night. He said the would-be burglar then attempted to kick in a side door, but police arrived as he got it open.
The transferring of the investigation to state police is a standard procedure. The Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office crime scene unit collected evidence at the scene at the request of state police.
Kraus did not release the names of the officers’ involved in the shooting late Tuesday.
Old 08-04-2011, 12:38 PM
Ling

thanks chief think there is a post on bayou shooters I'll try and pull up later, its what I put on here before it got pulled down
Old 08-04-2011, 01:20 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,182

Quote:
Originally Posted by msu-tfrancois View Post
I think everyone is wonderin what happened......so what happend?!
Go back to about Nov/Dec. of 2009 and you can find more info.

I did not see the above post.........guess the old post are gone?
Old 08-04-2011, 01:23 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 924

Quote:
Originally Posted by booyagasha View Post
if/when i resort to that, im not paying big money for round -up that stuff's expensive...DIESEL works just as good, down to the dirt,
I like your way of thinking, I was just staying on the legit side..lol
Old 08-04-2011, 01:52 PM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald View Post
Go back to about Nov/Dec. of 2009 and you can find more info.

I did not see the above post.........guess the old post are gone?
the post on here got pulled
Old 08-04-2011, 02:21 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,505

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Braquet View Post
Let me try and dig up the old post, long story
Y'all didn't have any problems staying in the house after that. I remember hearing about that.
Old 08-04-2011, 02:23 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 949

truthfully you are not supposed to have concrete within 5 ft of the property line.
Old 08-04-2011, 02:34 PM
Sailfish

if you plan to stay there just run fence out that side and block the view
Old 08-04-2011, 02:38 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 894

a fence makes good neighbors!!
Old 08-04-2011, 02:52 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by toodeep View Post
truthfully you are not supposed to have concrete within 5 ft of the property line.
the slab the boat is on and the slab in front of the boat(both on side of the house) was there when we bought the house n 1991. the slab directly in front of that(now the third parking spot in my driveway) is the slab we had put in...not sure how the rules are for residential neighborhoods, but there''s alot of other houses set-up like mines..
Quote:
Originally Posted by weedeater View Post
if you plan to stay there just run fence out that side and block the view
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIRD DOG View Post
a fence makes good neighbors!!
great advice, would be even better if they chipped in like most neighbors do for fencing, we'd even pay the majority to have the "good side"--already had that convo--ended paying and putting up everything ourself for the back yard...all 3 sides
Old 08-04-2011, 02:57 PM
Flounder

Cash: 994

I would not use any type of poison or desiel but the next time I washed my boat after a fishing trip, I would get a garden hose fertilizer srayer (hose pipe to some people) and fill the container with salt. Then proceed to wash off your driveway using the salt water mixture. Salt water not only is an enemy to boat parts but does an effective job on grass as well. If any repercussions do arise from the dead grass, no evidence of poison or desiel would be present. It would be just an unfortunate occurance from fishing in salt water.
Old 08-04-2011, 03:24 PM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fastmerc View Post
Y'all didn't have any problems staying in the house after that. I remember hearing about that.
moved family out the thursday before when he tried kicking my back door in, moved my belongings with the help of some salty cajuns the weekend after his family had his week long wake. I had a sheriff's deputy there while everything was moved out in case something was too arise. Last I heard is his babies momma still has a pending civil suit against the LCPD for wrongful death or some crap like that.
Old 08-04-2011, 03:28 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Braquet View Post
moved family out the thursday before when he tried kicking my back door in, moved my belongings with the help of some salty cajuns the weekend after his family had his week long wake. I had a sheriff's deputy there while everything was moved out in case something was too arise. Last I heard is his babies momma still has a pending civil suit against the LCPD for wrongful death or some crap like that.
dang, i wanted to read the article you mentioned..either way, definitely a learning experience.
Old 08-04-2011, 03:30 PM
Ling

It wasnt an article, it was my story of how it went down. Articles have a tendancy to change the situation up a little bit as they see sells, I mean fit.
Old 08-04-2011, 03:33 PM
Ling

The stuff american press has that jude posted is incorrect in many ways, just saying. I think KPLC butchered it a lot worse, most "News" sites said "an alleged weapon", and "believed to have a weapon", truth be known my wife and I saw my deer rifle laying next to his body in my kitchen when I left the house.