SaltyCajun.com http://www.budnmarys.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 09-02-2009, 11:24 PM
Ling

Cash: 4,258

I disagree, I take the Bible for what it says.If it says the morning and the evening were one day,then I believe its talking about one day.
Old 09-02-2009, 11:27 PM
Ling

Oh,and actually it was only 6 days,dont forget about the rest day.lol
Old 09-02-2009, 11:38 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 343

i dont want to start an argument but how do you translate when it says

And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness. And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.
- Genesis [1:3-5]

Just to show this, in the northern and southern poles days can last weeks and dark can last weeks

In II Peter 3:8, we are told that to God, a day is as a thousand years to us. Could we suppose then that a 'year' to our Father could be as a thousand centuries to us, and a thousand years as a thousand millenniums?

Time as we know it is a human created concept.

PLease believe me that i am not challenging you, i accept everyone rather they are similar in my beliefs or not. But i see time the same way i see "religion" Many times religion is created to make money or justify something.

It all boils down to believing in GOD and taking the bible as you see it and not forcing it upon someone else
Old 09-02-2009, 11:38 PM
Swordfish

Touche' on the day of rest
Old 09-02-2009, 11:39 PM
Swordfish

I had someone tell me that dinosaurs didnt exist because they werent explicittly listed in the bible
Old 09-02-2009, 11:57 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,763

Someone should buy an oil rig and make it a CAMP!
Old 09-03-2009, 12:02 AM
Swordfish

better yet buy a jack up rig
Old 09-03-2009, 06:14 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,535

Yak 'em,

What do your professors think about global warming? Usually those types are all over the politically correct.....what are they teaching at LSU?
Old 09-03-2009, 08:45 AM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by yak'em-n-stack'em View Post
i dont want to start an argument but how do you translate when it says

And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness. And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.
- Genesis [1:3-5]

Just to show this, in the northern and southern poles days can last weeks and dark can last weeks

In II Peter 3:8, we are told that to God, a day is as a thousand years to us. Could we suppose then that a 'year' to our Father could be as a thousand centuries to us, and a thousand years as a thousand millenniums?

Time as we know it is a human created concept.

PLease believe me that i am not challenging you, i accept everyone rather they are similar in my beliefs or not. But i see time the same way i see "religion" Many times religion is created to make money or justify something.

It all boils down to believing in GOD and taking the bible as you see it and not forcing it upon someone else

Oh,Im with you on not forcing the Bible on anyone. I believe that it limits God to say that it was actually longer than 6- 24 hr. days to create the whole universe. If God actually spoke things into existance why would it take Him still years to create everything? I also believe that the Bible stays consistent all the way through. If God talks about days being more than 24 hr. days in the beginning of the Bible then days would have to be longer than 24 hr. through out the rest of the Bible. So, in essence Jonah could have been in the whales belly for maybe say several weeks to several years? Or could our Saviour been in the grave for that long also? No Sir, I believe the Bible for exactly what it says. The Lord is not trying to trick us. He makes it simple for even simple people like myself to understand. He can make old things look new and new things look old. Just look at adam. When's the last time youve seen a very wise grown man that was only one day old?As far as the account in Peter, He was talking about us being with the Lord in heaven ,when everything would be finished, a day would seem like a thousand years,because there is no night in heaven. Also we as men have have on average about 70 year life span,which God has no beginning and no end-He was always around even before time. So, our lifetime is only a vapor of time to God. I believe that the earth is roughly about 6000 years old.then about 2000 years after that was the flood,2000 years after that Christ died,and here we are about 2000 years later. What will happen in this 2000 year period? Oh yeah,we get a n------- for a president. hah
Old 09-03-2009, 11:20 AM
Swordfish

hahahahaha nice ending.

guess we can agree to disagree, i believe in GOD and all his power, i just cant deny scientific evidence. Guess we will have to see when we get up there...Maybe we can go ask him together ahhahaha

and slidellkid, ive yet to run across a professor that believes in global warming here. Global climate change, yes, but not global warming.
Old 09-03-2009, 03:53 PM
Banned

200 miles south of lake charles, wonder if that structure will hold tuna, be a long run
Old 09-03-2009, 04:00 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,217

There is a lot of old wells that still have reserves in them. In the older days, artificial lift technology was pretty crude. Today it is a lot more refined. They are doing a lot more to get the oil and gas out of the producing wells because it is worth so much more than the old $5 and $10 per barrel than the old days.
In the early to mid 90's, no one would think you could successfully drill and produce in 10K ft. of water. It just takes more money and better technology.
I just need 5 more years of this ****e and I don't have to worry. Unless my 401K takes a crap again.