SaltyCajun.com http://www.egretbaits.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 09-11-2009, 08:55 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 700

I was in the criminal justice building at ULL. I had just got out of class and when I walked past the secretaries office I saw a few people around a 12 inch tv. Before long there must have been 75 people packed into that little office. I was simply in shock about what just happened. Pisses me off just thinking about it. On a more positive note it is my wife and dads birthday today.
Old 09-11-2009, 08:57 AM
Great White

Cash: 1,902

kindergarten reading some story...announcements came on said "turn on t.v.s now"
Old 09-11-2009, 09:14 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 600

I was going to pay my electric bill, it was a beautiful day and my 3 year old son was in the back seat and wanted to listen to the radio. Kept trying to find a station that had music on it, then I heard a Bobby Novasat on 94.5 say something about plane crashing into a building and that it was a terrible "accident". After I got back into the car after leaving the electric company, they were using the term "attack", I called my wife to tell her. She said that she was watching on NBC and that 2 planes had hit the towers. I went home, skipped class, and stared at the TV in disbelief for the rest of the day.
Old 09-11-2009, 09:15 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 343

it was truly a time where i think america was speechless
Old 09-11-2009, 09:44 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 700

Stupid rag heads. I'll never forget how most of the arabs on campus acted like it was no big deal. Then some of them made a smart arse comment about it in the lunch room and started laughing and a few football players beat them down. Sulphite may remember this he was probably at school then.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:11 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 556
FlagUS where

I was working right next to the nuke plant in st francisville. My wife called and told me about the first plane so we went into the luncroom where there was a tv. and after seeing the second plane hit and realizing that we were less than 1/2 mile from the nuke ,bossman called it a day and told everyone to go home and be w/ your familys. Came home and got glued to the TV untill i just got to mad to watch anymore.
Old 09-11-2009, 04:51 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 650

Boy, you guys make me fell old when you say you were still in school when it happened! I was having morning coffie with a group of friends when it came on TV, first shock for me! The second shock was when my sons Gaurd unit was call up a few weeks later to join the fight! Tonight when you go to bed remenber to say a prayer for all the young men and women who are still there fighting for our freedom and way of life!
Thank God for the choosen few that will fight for US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-11-2009, 04:52 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 343

i remember our troops everyday.

they are the reason we are still a country
Old 09-11-2009, 06:07 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,578

Quote:
Stupid rag heads. I'll never forget how most of the arabs on campus acted like it was no big deal. Then some of them made a smart arse comment about it in the lunch room and started laughing and a few football players beat them down. Sulphite may remember this he was probably at school then
Man I was there was it at the canebreak cafe??
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 09-11-2009, 08:30 PM
Calcasieu Extreme Rods

Cash: 13,349
FlagUS feeling old too

I was at work at the fire station, I am the chief in the big city of Carlyss (a community south of Sulphur), heard something on the fm radio about a commuter plane hitting one of the towers. Turned on the tv and started listening to what was going on. Phone started ringing off the wall. We started getting reports that it was not a commuter but a large plane and it appeared to be intentional. After the second plane struck, we got busy "planning" in case there were attacks in our area on any of the plants that border our community. Don't remember how many meetings on preparing we had in the next few months. Still seems unreal and the month after that I can hardly recall what happened. Changed the way we do business everyday.

Actually went to New York for the firefighters memorial. Rained the whole time we were in the procession. Estimated they had about 50,000 firefighters there for the memorial from around the worldf. Will NEVER FORGET.

Also think about those guys out there now fighting for our freedom almost every day.
Old 09-11-2009, 09:12 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 650

I was working on a barn at my other house, I was in the Reserves at the time, I heard about over the radio, so I started packing my clothes, called into my unit and they said "stand by" so I stayed at home with my phone, pissed off at anyone who had darker skin than me. I'm not proud of the fact that I blamed every Middle Easterner, but I was fricken mad that some one came into my country and did that to my Brother Americans.