SaltyCajun.com https://www.facebook.com/CajunTackle

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 05-02-2012, 09:23 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,245

If I was not going to GI this weekend that is the direction the f250 would be heading. River looks like it is getting right
Old 05-02-2012, 10:31 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,063
Default launch

Quote:
Originally Posted by bull1134 View Post
No idea where that is, what's it around?

its' in intracoastal city.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:50 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 655

Thanks for the info... We will try to give them hell!!!
Old 05-03-2012, 06:24 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 2,192

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerNation11 View Post
Thanks for the info... We will try to give them hell!!!
Leave the launch and go left in the intercoastal. Take your first right. That's 4 mile cut. When you enter the bay there will be a channel marker infront of you. Just follow them all the way to the pass. When you get to the pass FOLLOW THE CHANNEL MARKERS!!!! IF NOT, YOU WILL GROUND YOUR BOAT!!!! I see at least one boat grounded outside the markers every time I go......
Old 05-03-2012, 06:34 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,358

I used to go that way, but the drive is better to cypremore point. that pass is tricky! My first trip ever fishing down here, I went that way, and right when you get into the pass, just after that point I took a right and went back in that cove. Took about 2hrs to get back out of it! I had no idea. Now, I only go where I know, or where I can follow someone who does know.
Old 05-03-2012, 07:52 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,038

How shallow does it get west of the pass?
Old 05-03-2012, 08:34 PM
Great White

Cash: 2,738

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmac View Post
How shallow does it get west of the pass?
Very shallow with reefs and rock piles if you run the coastline.....you have to go out in the gulf a lil ways then head west. There is a way running close to the coast but you gotta know where to pass. If you have a decent gps it marks the channel very good.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:40 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 655

Could somebody provide good detail on how to pass through the pass as
to follow markers, polls, etc??? Of course it is easy to get to it from the bay, but
bot familiar going through it. Is it better to stay closer to marsh island going through it?
Old 05-03-2012, 09:48 PM
Blue Marlin

Remember this. " Red right return" meaning when your coming back in the red markers will be on your right. When goin thru the pass, it zig zags a bit. Keep your eyes open and look left and right to follow the markers. STAY BETWEEN THEM!!!!
Old 05-03-2012, 09:57 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,245

http://www.uscg.mil/d13/dpw/docs/usa...let23dec03.pdf

Check out this web site. Very basic guide to navigation that everyone not the water should know.
If you,don't look at anything else,look at page 9 and 10
Old 05-04-2012, 08:56 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,607

Anyone know what the tide will be doing at the pass tomorrow? I can never find a reliable website.
Old 05-04-2012, 09:06 AM
Blue Marlin

There's an app for that. But ill check it for ya.
Old 05-04-2012, 09:08 AM
Blue Marlin

High tide at the point is at 7am. And will fall till mid afternoon. Adjust up an hour fir the pass
Old 05-04-2012, 09:31 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,607

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dink View Post
High tide at the point is at 7am. And will fall till mid afternoon. Adjust up an hour fir the pass
Thanks. Im going to try to be getting to the pass around 6. I don't like to run at night but we usually just take our time and follow previous courses on the GPS.

BTW, I gave that pamplet to the guy in charge over here. He seemed very interested.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:09 AM
Redfish

Cash: 850
Default Navigating Pass

If you are coming from Intracostal city, it is best to stay to the left once you enter pass if you dont know what you are doing. On the way out you will want to stay close to the red markers ( keep them on your left on the way out) The green markers will fool you if you dont know where to look for them. This is where people get in trouble...the pass will head in a south west direction when you first get in it then it will make a slight turn to Southeast then a hard turn west and finally a hard turn south. The last turn is another tricky spot because the last red channel marker gets knocked down often. The water goes from 80 feet to a shallow reef right there. I would advise you to follow someone who knows and get a trail on your GPS. Both sides of the pass are filled with Trip Killers. Wouldnt want anyone to get in trouble it is a long way to any launch from there. But if you get stuck, pull out the top water and throw until high tide comes. The reefs there are extremely sharp so dont go into water with out protection on your feet. I keep an old pair of Shoes in my boat at all times. If you head east once you get into the gulf you need to be careful there also. Ive seen many people going at good rates of speed come to a screeching halt.
Old 05-04-2012, 04:19 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,038

Me and my neighbor are gonna give it a shot in the morning. I don't have a TM yet but I got a closet rod!
Old 05-04-2012, 04:23 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,358

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dink View Post
There's an app for that. But ill check it for ya.
what app? For iphone or windows?
Old 05-05-2012, 08:09 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 3,299

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeing Spots View Post
If you are coming from Intracostal city, it is best to stay to the left once you enter pass if you dont know what you are doing. On the way out you will want to stay close to the red markers ( keep them on your left on the way out) The green markers will fool you if you dont know where to look for them. This is where people get in trouble...the pass will head in a south west direction when you first get in it then it will make a slight turn to Southeast then a hard turn west and finally a hard turn south. The last turn is another tricky spot because the last red channel marker gets knocked down often. The water goes from 80 feet to a shallow reef right there. I would advise you to follow someone who knows and get a trail on your GPS. Both sides of the pass are filled with Trip Killers. Wouldnt want anyone to get in trouble it is a long way to any launch from there. But if you get stuck, pull out the top water and throw until high tide comes. The reefs there are extremely sharp so dont go into water with out protection on your feet. I keep an old pair of Shoes in my boat at all times. If you head east once you get into the gulf you need to be careful there also. Ive seen many people going at good rates of speed come to a screeching halt.

Good advice. The last red marker on the way out of the pass will cause problems if you go to the left of it, the reef is very close to the marker. Wait until low tide to mark a trail with waypoints. You will get a better respect for the pass on low tide.
Old 05-05-2012, 01:36 PM
Kyocera Dealer

Cash: 1,526

Quote:
Originally Posted by BArmand View Post
Good advice. The last red marker on the way out of the pass will cause problems if you go to the left of it, the reef is very close to the marker. Wait until low tide to mark a trail with waypoints. You will get a better respect for the pass on low tide.
Yep 10 feet to the east of that marker is DRY!
Old 05-05-2012, 01:47 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 3,226

I must confess, BL won out Friday over T Butte. I looked up the buoy on Marsh Island 4:AM Friday with winds blowing. Changed plans and headed to BL....wish I could give you a great report but only a few for my efforts. Fished Long Point, West Cove, the old jetties and picked up the few on Commissary....

BUT!!!!! The salinity levels have tripled in the last 4 days in VB.....any day now, lay down winds!