SaltyCajun.com http://www.egretbaits.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 07-29-2012, 07:49 PM
Calcasieu Extreme Rods

Cash: 13,346

Check with the Planning Dept. at CPPJ tomorrow. They can tell you what needs to happen.

721-3500
Old 07-29-2012, 07:56 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 714

A couple of years ago I had some dirt hauled in and spread on the propery I'm about to build on and the guy next door called the cops on my dirt guy cause he parked his dump truck on his property instead of saying hey man this is mine do you mind moving it. Well the cops called me cause this was a hired contractor by me and I was pissed! Well the line between him and I has a 10' servitude on my side. The parish said that I couldn't put a fence on it if it was an all purpose servitude but just a servitude would be ok but a building had to be 5' from the servitude. Back to the A hole next to me, a few weeks ago I went to the property and he has put a fence up. So I pulled a tape from one corner to his fence and I think he cut a foot of my property with his fence. So I called him and he said no but he could if he wanted to cause its a servitude! I said did you fall on your damn head! I have a surveyer going out there to shoot it and he will be moving 450' of fence if it is on my property cause he was such an A hole before.
Old 07-29-2012, 08:14 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,505

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Flounder View Post
A couple of years ago I had some dirt hauled in and spread on the propery I'm about to build on and the guy next door called the cops on my dirt guy cause he parked his dump truck on his property instead of saying hey man this is mine do you mind moving it. Well the cops called me cause this was a hired contractor by me and I was pissed! Well the line between him and I has a 10' servitude on my side. The parish said that I couldn't put a fence on it if it was an all purpose servitude but just a servitude would be ok but a building had to be 5' from the servitude. Back to the A hole next to me, a few weeks ago I went to the property and he has put a fence up. So I pulled a tape from one corner to his fence and I think he cut a foot of my property with his fence. So I called him and he said no but he could if he wanted to cause its a servitude! I said did you fall on your damn head! I have a surveyer going out there to shoot it and he will be moving 450' of fence if it is on my property cause he was such an A hole before.
This is kinda our predicament. It's always bothered me being so close to the property line. We've put up with them driving there vehicles in our yard leaving ruts. Their dog tearing up our fence. Digging under our fence. Their dogs barking nonstop at us while we were in our yard. The list goes on and on. I know we aren't the perfect neighbors but would never make the statements or threaten like they have. So as far I'm concerned I don't have to be mister nice guy bout them not caring about what they do to my property or not abiding to restrictions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-29-2012, 08:38 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fastmerc View Post
This is kinda our predicament. It's always bothered me being so close to the property line. We've put up with them driving there vehicles in our yard leaving ruts. Their dog tearing up our fence. Digging under our fence. Their dogs barking nonstop at us while we were in our yard. The list goes on and on. I know we aren't the perfect neighbors but would never make the statements or threaten like they have. So as far I'm concerned I don't have to be mister nice guy bout them not caring about what they do to my property or not abiding to restrictions.

Man our lots were a cow pasture in the middle of no where and I was the first one to do anything back there. Not to mention the property was drier then the Sahara desert when I had the dirt work done. It is very secluded there and I called the other 2 owners just to let them know Im going to have some guys back there doing some work. I didn't have to do that just thought they may want to know. So he road back there and called the cops instead of speaking to the contractor or calling me and caused a big scene! I mean yelling and cussing at the contractor untill the cops got there. I hope that fence is not on my property but if it is I will have a good time sitting on my tailgate watching him move it. Concreted all his posts too!
Old 07-29-2012, 08:57 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 5,316

every house ive built this past 1.5 years something has been wrong with neighbors encroaching my property lines , i dont understand what the problem is with these idiots i guess no one has ever heard of a string line . anyways if i wanted to be a jerk i could have made then tear down brick walls, stucco walls, fences ect... instead i just made em pay for my attorney to draw up legal agreements / guidelines for the use of land wether it be 2' or 4" . in the end it works out better to just pay the surveyor another time to come out prior to building something especially when its something expensive like a brick wall/fence.
Old 07-29-2012, 08:58 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Man our lots were a cow pasture in the middle of no where and I was the first one to do anything back there. Not to mention the property was drier then the Sahara desert when I had the dirt work done. It is very secluded there and I called the other 2 owners just to let them know Im going to have some guys back there doing some work. I didn't have to do that just thought they may want to know. So he road back there and called the cops instead of speaking to the contractor or calling me and caused a big scene! I mean yelling and cussing at the contractor untill the cops got there. I hope that fence is not on my property but if it is I will have a good time sitting on my tailgate watching him move it. Concreted all his posts too!
Lol. I know it's wrong to say this but I hope you get your satisfaction.

Old 07-29-2012, 08:59 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,142

Quote:

The fence moving day should be a big SaltyCajun BBQ at your place. so we can all cheer him along.
Old 07-29-2012, 09:02 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm4x43732 View Post
The fence moving day should be a big SaltyCajun BBQ at your place. so we can all cheer him along.
Agreed

Old 07-29-2012, 09:03 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546
BigGrin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm4x43732 View Post
That would be awesome!
Old 07-29-2012, 09:06 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 5,316

we could be like extreme home makeover ""MOVE T_H_A_T FENCEEEEEE""
Old 07-29-2012, 09:06 PM
The Camp Cook....

Cash: 13,856

I agree with having a party.....but it may also be an opportunity to make a mends with your neighbor.

Nothing worse than living next to someone you can't stand.....but I also realize some things can't be repaired and if this is the case.....fire up the pit.
Old 07-29-2012, 09:12 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 460

The life of a subdivision. My neighbor sucks worse than all yalls neighbors btw!
Old 07-29-2012, 09:15 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

My neighbors are awesome! I'm a lucky guy, I guess.
Old 07-29-2012, 09:31 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Dawg View Post
The life of a subdivision. My neighbor sucks worse than all yalls neighbors btw!
Lol. Prove it.

Old 07-29-2012, 09:49 PM
Super Moderator

Cash: 18,516

All I can say is none of my neighbors complain to me about all the cars and boats in the front yard. :o
Old 07-29-2012, 09:53 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,902

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulMyers View Post
All I can say is none of my neighbors complain to me about all the cars and boats in the front yard. :o
You always got a parking lot! Lol

1fastmerc, me and some of your neighbors don't get along....one In particular won't let me cut her yard on time. After being told about.it 100 times
Old 07-29-2012, 10:03 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntin fool View Post
You always got a parking lot! Lol

1fastmerc, me and some of your neighbors don't get along....one In particular won't let me cut her yard on time. After being told about.it 100 times
Which one

Old 07-29-2012, 10:11 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,902

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fastmerc View Post
Which one

This lady is actually around the corner in the other subdivision, but close enough to you. Hard to miss that pink boat!
Old 07-29-2012, 10:13 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,477

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishinpox View Post
we could be like extreme home makeover ""MOVE T_H_A_T FENCEEEEEE""

Justin...... I'm in!!!!

Invite Bobby!! He'll have that dude shootin fireballs out his @££!!!
Old 07-29-2012, 10:16 PM
King Mackeral

That was only the first problem with this guy. I could go on for hours about it. But a few days after that happened I was chillin in a smoke pin at work telling some other guys about it and one guy said that's my father in law! He said don't worry though he couldn't get financed for the land so he is leasing it and he has moved 6 times in the last 10 years so he won't be there for ever. He has a double wide he drags around from property to property. This was 3 lots and I bought the middle one because it had less servitudes. The guy on the other side is great and he is there to stay. But I'll let you guys know if I decide to fire up the pit for the show! I really do hope it's not on my property cause I don't want to deal with him.