SaltyCajun.com http://www.egretbaits.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 10-17-2012, 01:39 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 9,560

10-4

Thanks
Old 10-17-2012, 02:47 PM
Redfish

Cash: 1,034

If someone gets too close to me, i just put a big topwater on and try to catch the hat off of their head.
Old 10-17-2012, 04:48 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 9,560

Quote:
Originally Posted by ike84 View Post
If someone gets too close to me, i just put a big topwater on and try to catch the hat off of their head.
It's not really the getting close part that bothers me, it's the dip****s pulling up with big motor rumbling and messing up the birds.
Old 10-17-2012, 07:21 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,596

Best thing to do is when they are just in to close range start waving ur hands and pointing at them if they throttle down give them a thumbs up and when they get close thank them if not tell em they won't catch fish that way they'd be better off stopping and drifting if they don't have a tm. I stopped a guy in BL and thanked him and explained how I wanted to fish the sets of birds because he was coming trolling into the wind to get to em I simply said "you see how as soon as you got here the birds left?" He said yes I said its because your going about it wrong (meanwhile i poled down)come troll next to me on the inside and ill nose in front of you so we can hit em together he did and we caught fish. Me n shaw worked the same sets 3x and never spooked em once. Sometimes it works and sometimes not. Not everyone fishes alot like we do and gets the concept but by trying to be nice sometimes it worx in ya favor other times you gotta set anchor on their boat. My .02
Old 10-17-2012, 08:16 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 758

Well said...
Old 10-17-2012, 08:40 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,733

x3
Old 10-17-2012, 11:59 PM
Ling

Cash: 4,308

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgizzle View Post
Best thing to do is when they are just in to close range start waving ur hands and pointing at them if they throttle down give them a thumbs up and when they get close thank them if not tell em they won't catch fish that way they'd be better off stopping and drifting if they don't have a tm. I stopped a guy in BL and thanked him and explained how I wanted to fish the sets of birds because he was coming trolling into the wind to get to em I simply said "you see how as soon as you got here the birds left?" He said yes I said its because your going about it wrong (meanwhile i poled down)come troll next to me on the inside and ill nose in front of you so we can hit em together he did and we caught fish. Me n shaw worked the same sets 3x and never spooked em once. Sometimes it works and sometimes not. Not everyone fishes alot like we do and gets the concept but by trying to be nice sometimes it worx in ya favor other times you gotta set anchor on their boat. My .02

So Its shaw,thats running up into all these birds? lol