SaltyCajun.com http://www.budnmarys.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 12-18-2012, 09:29 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

Quote:
Originally Posted by huggybro View Post
Avoid Hub City Ford in Laf. Just bought a new F-150 from them and immediately developed a stress crack in the windshield at 2k miles. They will not replace. Very disappointed.
Not picking but, I've never heard of a stress fracture just occurring in a windshield. In order to stress fracture a windshield, you would have to flex the frame bad enough that you'd likely be calling a wrecker.

I have a friend that went through the same deal on his Jeep. Less than 1k on it and broken windshield. He swore the same thing and they wouldn't replace it. Then I showed him where a rock had bumped it.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:43 AM
Flounder

Cash: 626

Many thanks, Shaw! We'll hook you up. Jeremy said to tell you hello.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyShaw View Post
Looking at buying me one in the next month or so, already got with someone at Bolton. Good people and good service with a great price, looking forward to doing business with y'all in the near future King!

Capt. Kade Shaw
Old 12-18-2012, 10:52 AM
Flounder

The new truck will be amazing. The bailout gave Ford a jump on the competition in r&d. Now we have even more to look forward to. As of now, I can confirm extensive use of aluminum in the new ar****ecture. The bed and cab for sure... I believe the frame will remain steel. I've been told the new truck will lose 700-750lbs and gain approximately 3mpg. Performance will also improve with the loss in weight. I can't confirm a V8 ecoboost, although that would be one wicked powertrain. If you haven't driven an ecoboost yet, you owe it to yourself.

King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will"E"Fish View Post
Been Waiting on 2014 version one last year of the present design and the new possible all aluminum frame last but not least a bad azz 5.0 Eco- boost V-8. Holla if ya hear me!!! How about it King any input on this.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:59 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,334

Charlie synched my new phone yesterday and had a smile the whole time I was sitting there. Good dealerships have happy employees and damn near all of them at Bolton are Happy,Happy,Happy.
Old 12-18-2012, 01:13 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 2,464

Charlie is a good guy, he's waiting for my current truck to die so he can sell me a new one
Old 12-18-2012, 08:20 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,855

Thanks King for the input. I diffently would driving a 5.0 eco boost if it evolves.
Old 12-18-2012, 09:07 PM
Flounder

Cash: 677

We have bought 6 new vehicles from Bolton in the last 20 years. All have been good vehicles. Good people work there and even made some friends.
Old 12-18-2012, 09:08 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,733

I have the eco boost and it tows like a big truck. Cant imagine a 5,0 eco boost.
Old 12-19-2012, 07:19 AM
Great White

Cash: 1,217

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyb View Post
I have the eco boost and it tows like a big truck. Cant imagine a 5,0 eco boost.
The 6 cyl. can burn rubber like crazy. I'd like to see a V-8 ecoboost.
That would be bad azzed.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:04 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 768

I went to Bolton ford for the first time lastweek I was not impressed at all. Guy told me he couldn't even talk about prices with me unless I test drove a vehicle. I was just looking for a roundabout figure on a few trucks but was pretty much ran out of there by the salesman.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:11 PM
Flounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossHog View Post
I went to Bolton ford for the first time lastweek I was not impressed at all. Guy told me he couldn't even talk about prices with me unless I test drove a vehicle. I was just looking for a roundabout figure on a few trucks but was pretty much ran out of there by the salesman.
BossHog,
Thanks for visiting our dealership. We're always happy to quote a price or provide information. Your experience surprises me, but I do take feedback very seriously. Let me know what information you need, and I'll have it for you right away. Just ask any of the other SC members that I've helped.
Thanks,
King
Old 12-21-2012, 04:19 PM
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbolton View Post
The new truck will be amazing. The bailout gave Ford a jump on the competition in r&d. Now we have even more to look forward to. As of now, I can confirm extensive use of aluminum in the new ar****ecture. The bed and cab for sure... I believe the frame will remain steel. I've been told the new truck will lose 700-750lbs and gain approximately 3mpg. Performance will also improve with the loss in weight. I can't confirm a V8 ecoboost, although that would be one wicked powertrain. If you haven't driven an ecoboost yet, you owe it to yourself.

King
Oh boy! More new machines to have to buy and more repair procedure training to send employees to! UGGHH! Man, those are gonna be some soft, unrepairable bedsides and doors!..And expensive!

All bs aside, I drove a customer's EcoBoost the other day and, although I've driven GM vehicles all my life, my next one will likely be an EcoBoost!
Old 12-21-2012, 04:20 PM
Blue Marlin

Quote:
BossHog,
Thanks for visiting our dealership. We're always happy to quote a price or provide information. Your experience surprises me, but I do take feedback very seriously. Let me know what information you need, and I'll have it for you right away. Just ask any of the other SC members that I've helped.
Thanks,
King
^^^^This is what makes business successful! Way to go!
Old 12-21-2012, 04:52 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,468

Got me a 2012 ecoboost day after thanksgiving. Early Christmas gift i suppose. Couldnt be happier with it.
Old 12-21-2012, 07:36 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

King, what about a Taurus with the Ecoboost? That seems like it would be a bad Mamma Jamma
Old 12-21-2012, 10:44 PM
Flounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp snorkler View Post
King, what about a Taurus with the Ecoboost? That seems like it would be a bad Mamma Jamma
We've got it! It's called the Taurus SHO. 365 horsepower, 360 foot pounds of torque. 0-60 in 5 seconds. It's an amazing machine. Ford also offers the same setup in the new Explorer. It's a beast.

2013-Ford-Taurus-SHO.jpg
Old 12-21-2012, 11:15 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,165

Here's some really cool stuff Ford is working on. http://www.ford.com/technology/
Old 12-21-2012, 11:51 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

Quote:
We've got it! It's called the Taurus SHO. 365 horsepower, 360 foot pounds of torque. 0-60 in 5 seconds. It's an amazing machine. Ford also offers the same setup in the new Explorer. It's a beast.

Attachment 44227
I had to bring my car in today for a recall , while it was getting worked on I went take the Taurus SEL on a test drive. That was one of the nicest vehicles i have ever ridden in/drove. At the low 30's price point I really don't think you would be able to find a nicer vehicle. When my wife is ready to upgrade I will take a good hard look at Ford again.