SaltyCajun.com http://www.boltonford.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 07-09-2013, 06:15 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawgsquatch View Post
I changed my avatar for you. here,s your lings. Twins even!

Giants Baseball is okay but you going to have to do something about the yellow O.

J/K

Where do you have trip booked for August?
Old 07-09-2013, 07:36 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,275

Quote:
I changed my avatar for you. here,s your lings. Twins even!
Lol...

That's some good fun right there!
Old 07-09-2013, 01:49 PM
Flounder

Cash: 647

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp snorkler View Post
Giants Baseball is okay but you going to have to do something about the yellow O.

J/K

Where do you have trip booked for August?
C'mon a Louisiana boy has to give respect to a team called the "Ducks". The Beavers are a close second though. I am thinking about trying out Cocodrie. It would appear that anyone who can get a line in the water can catch fish there. Maybe rent a yak or something? One thing that spooks me is your sharks. We have about two surfers a year here volunteer to become a Great White turd and I never think about it because they are so rare. Your hammerheads are way way more aggressive and there are more of them, and bulls, and tigers....geesh.
Old 07-09-2013, 01:52 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

Quote:
C'mon a Louisiana boy has to give respect to a team called the "Ducks". The Beavers are a close second though. I am thinking about trying out Cocodrie. It would appear that anyone who can get a line in the water can catch fish there. Maybe rent a yak or something? One thing that spooks me is your sharks. We have about two surfers a year here volunteer to become a Great White turd and I never think about it because they are so rare. Your hammerheads are way way more aggressive and there are more of them, and bulls, and tigers....geesh.
Sharks don't bite at the time of year that you'll be here...
Old 07-09-2013, 02:05 PM
Swordfish

Quote:
C'mon a Louisiana boy has to give respect to a team called the "Ducks".

We feed ducks bread then we shoot them J/K I'll root for them before I root for Florida, FSU or Alabama

The Beavers are a close second though.

I rather their uniforms

I am thinking about trying out Cocodrie. It would appear that anyone who can get a line in the water can catch fish there.

One thing about Cocodrie is that the Specs or normally smaller but the reds are bigger it seems. Also you can catch and keep 25 specks in Cocodrie where as in Big Lake you can only keep 15, actually Big Lake is the only body of water in LA that the limit is 15, the rest of the state is 25

Maybe rent a yak or something?

End of August you can catch reds out of a Yak but specks will be much harder. I don't know of any place in Cocodrie that rent Yaks. The only place I know is Bob's???? (I think that's the name of it) in Leeville which is about an hour or so drive from Cocodrie.

One thing that spooks me is your sharks. We have about two surfers a year here volunteer to become a Great White turd and I never think about it because they are so rare. Your hammerheads are way way more aggressive and there are more of them, and bulls, and tigers....geesh.

I don't know of anyone who's been biten by a shark in all my 34 years on earth. I wouldn't let that bother me. The Brilos (noseeums/gnats) bother me more.

Do you drink beer? You can't move here unless you like to drink beer.
Old 07-09-2013, 02:12 PM
Flounder

Cash: 639

Are you thinking of Boudreaux's in Leeville?
Old 07-09-2013, 02:17 PM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by neus View Post
Are you thinking of Boudreaux's in Leeville?

That coud be it, maybe I was thinking Bob's because of Bob Gourgeous

Just did a search...... it's Bobby Lynns
Old 07-09-2013, 02:27 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,488

Man, I'm jealous!! Congrats on retiring and if you make it down here, please contact me for a ride along so you can see what body armor in 99% humidity on a 103 degree day feels like!

if you like the sticks, we have many to chose from - with lots of bugs! Have you ever considered a house boat? You could move it on the coast for fishing season, then up into the basin for hunting season. However, you find many quail here at all - fire ants and Round-up pretty much took care of them years ago. You will have a blast, but don't settle on LA. We own a small home in MS and love it there also, very remote and country as it comes. Lots of public land to hunt as well as private land for lease. Good luck!
Old 07-09-2013, 03:32 PM
Flounder

Cash: 639

This is my breakdown of hunting/fishing the different regions of LA:

Southwest LA:
Great salt water fishing on Big Lake, and arguably the best duck hunting in the state. Not the best area for deer hunting, but there are decent places. Public land for hunting on the Sabine Wildlife Refuge

Southeast LA:
Best salt water fishing in the state! Decent duck hunting, lots of public WMA's, and some decent deer hunting.

Northeast LA:
Plenty of places to choose from for fresh water fishing, but long drive for salt water. Rivals southwest LA for best duck hunting in the state. Also has some great deer hunting!

Northwest LA:
Also has lots of places for freshwater fishing, but again, long drive to get to salt water fishing. Some great deer hunting! Not so great duck hunting.

Central LA:
Can get to a lot of places to fresh water fish, and if you really wanted to you could get to salt water. Some really good deer hunting, and some pretty decent duck hunting too!
Old 07-10-2013, 11:49 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,182

Quote:
Originally Posted by neus View Post
This is my breakdown of hunting/fishing the different regions of LA:

Southwest LA:
Great salt water fishing on Big Lake, and arguably the best duck hunting in the state. Not the best area for deer hunting, but there are decent places. Public land for hunting on the Sabine Wildlife Refuge

Southeast LA:
Best salt water fishing in the state! Decent duck hunting, lots of public WMA's, and some decent deer hunting.

Northeast LA:
Plenty of places to choose from for fresh water fishing, but long drive for salt water. Rivals southwest LA for best duck hunting in the state. Also has some great deer hunting!

Northwest LA:
Also has lots of places for freshwater fishing, but again, long drive to get to salt water fishing. Some great deer hunting! Not so great duck hunting.

Central LA:
Can get to a lot of places to fresh water fish, and if you really wanted to you could get to salt water. Some really good deer hunting, and some pretty decent duck hunting too!

I think you got this backwards.......West is best for saltwater fishing.
Old 07-11-2013, 12:03 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,535

If you come in August, just remember that most folks here don't fish all day in August. They usually try to fish early in the morning till they can't stand it any more then go in. Now, if the fish are biting hard, folks may stay all day or if they are heading offshore they may stay all day, but just going after trout they will probably come in around mid-morning.

I think the best overall saltwater fishing is in the SE. If you launch from Grand Isle or Cocodrie or Venice you can easily be into offshore species very quickly. The gulf in the SW is very shallow and you have to travel about 30-45 miles to even reach snapper and a lot further for amberjack and a hell of a lot further for tuna.

Where did you book a hunt in S.C.? Christmas is probably the worst time to book a hunt there as the deer have been hunted hard for 4.5 months and become very nocturnal. They are not impossible mind you, just much harder as the rut is long over then and the pressure has been heavy. I know the reputations of most outfitters/guides there and can help prevent you from making a mistake.
Old 07-11-2013, 06:22 AM
Ling

Cash: 5,600

100% south east is best saltwater fishing in the state. (Grand Isle Venice lafitte fourchon etc ) Way too many options. Big Lake got the hogs though.

"Its Just a Ride "