SaltyCajun.com http://k2-coolers.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 10-03-2013, 08:18 AM
Site Owner/Admin

Cash: 22,226

In front of his wife and kids, wow.... In retrospect after running over the bike he should have had his wife call 911 and get the police in route, with those guys following him he had to know when they stopped bad things were going to happen. I agree with all of you, fight to the end to protect your family, put it in reverse and just keep moving.

Getting caught with a gun in New York is not something you want to do. I've said it before guys, life outside of the south is very different than what we have down here. You don't typically have this type of behavior in Texas or Louisiana, I wonder why????
Old 10-03-2013, 08:26 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,393

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckinchen View Post
In front of his wife and kids, wow.... In retrospect after running over the bike he should have had his wife call 911 and get the police in route, with those guys following him he had to know when they stopped bad things were going to happen. I agree with all of you, fight to the end to protect your family, put it in reverse and just keep moving.

Getting caught with a gun in New York is not something you want to do. I've said it before guys, life outside of the south is very different than what we have down here. You don't typically have this type of behavior in Texas or Louisiana, I wonder why????
I dont know if his wife called, but there were over 200 calls in regards to the incident from witnesses that seen the suv being chased.
Old 10-03-2013, 08:38 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,542

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshRat89 View Post
I dont know if his wife called, but there were over 200 calls in regards to the incident from witnesses that seen the suv being chased.

Now that is fraking pathetic. Nanny Bloomberg said we don't need firearms because the police will protect us. POS wants to take his citizens means of protection from them, and the NYPD couldn't protect any better than a busted condom. As I've said before, had it been Lafayette it would have turned out a lot different. Run over the inital attackers while yelling, "I'm saltlife brah!" and then Alphaman and his crew will swoop in to pick up the rest.
Old 10-03-2013, 08:39 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,535

Casey,

You are right about life outside the south. I was working on the Guantanamo Bay cases in D.C. a few years back and I was living in northern Virginia (not considered the south). My stepson was going through some terrible times as a teenager and I had to call the police on him. The police showed up, handled the situation and then asked me if I had any guns in the house. I said "sure, lots of them." Well, the cop about freaked out, he wanted to see where they were at and so I showed them to him in our closet. He basically told me that in Virginia guns had to be locked up. I told him I was living in there in Virginia temporary in the apartment and had no safe. He then said if he came back and they were not locked up he would take me to jail. Needless to say, I didn't call the cops anymore when my stepson got out of hand. Luckily, my stepson grew up and is now a fine young man and very responsible, but in those days he was a handful.
Old 10-03-2013, 08:40 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

There are a lot of things the driver could have done differently. Staying in free flowing trafic was his best option. Keep moving and let the motorcycle riders decide if they want to get plowed over. I woulda been tattooing a GMC emblem on anyone of them that tried to stop me.
Old 10-03-2013, 08:43 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,535

That's a good one Matt G. I will have to use that next time I get into a bad situation - "I'm saltlife Brah"!!!!!!

Might be a good reason to have a Salty Cajun on the back of your truck or car. I know some folks that had a BASS sticker on the back of their car and it helped them out when they were stranded. Good folks know good folks and if they know something about you by a sticker on your back windshield they might be a little more inclined to apt to come to your assistance.
Old 10-03-2013, 08:47 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,542

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slidellkid View Post
That's a good one Matt G. I will have to use that next time I get into a bad situation - "I'm saltlife Brah"!!!!!!

Might be a good reason to have a Salty Cajun on the back of your truck or car. I know some folks that had a BASS sticker on the back of their car and it helped them out when they were stranded. Good folks know good folks and if they know something about you by a sticker on your back windshield they might be a little more inclined to apt to come to your assistance.
Maybe that's why my neighbor has all kinds of support your local Trooper/Police, 2nd amendment, and Army stickers on his. Dude has a wrap sheet longer than my arm and has never been in the service.
Old 10-03-2013, 08:49 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,454

I can't believe he didn't just keep running over their sorry butts...
When he left that first stop after running over the guy he could have EASILY swiped several others... he actually avoided them.
I would NEVER have stopped my car under any circumstances until all of them had been smashed... You notice there weren't any Harley's in that bunch... ROFL
Old 10-03-2013, 09:29 AM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt G View Post
Now that is fraking pathetic. Nanny Bloomberg said we don't need firearms because the police will protect us. POS wants to take his citizens means of protection from them, and the NYPD couldn't protect any better than a busted condom. As I've said before, had it been Lafayette it would have turned out a lot different. Run over the inital attackers while yelling, "I'm saltlife brah!" and then Alphaman and his crew will swoop in to pick up the rest.
My mom, had a home invasion a year ago next week. Lucky she had an alarm system that scared them off. It took vpso 17 minutes to respond. She called a state trooper friend also. He was not much farther than the Sherriff's office and made it in 8 minutes. I live in town and was there in 5 cocked and loaded. She has a .380 loaded at all times in her nightstand now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Old 10-03-2013, 09:37 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 5,633
Default tires

they slashed his tires, and then he plowed them, guess them land rovers come with "run flats", could be the tire company's new slogan, no longer call them run flats now they will be known as runned over flats
Old 10-03-2013, 09:48 AM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfighter View Post
they slashed his tires, and then he plowed them, guess them land rovers come with "run flats", could be the tire company's new slogan, no longer call them run flats now they will be known as runned over flats
LM AO. Run Over Flat Tires. Official sponsors of the Speed Bump mtorcycle club.lol
Old 10-03-2013, 09:58 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,488

Noticed several things in this video and several LEO website forums are filling with critiques. For clarification, he was on the phone for 7 minutes with 911 before being pulled from SUV and assualted, thus DA will have a hard time getting grand jury to indict driver. Motorcycle riders committed several crimes before incident where he ran over bikes and rider. And, I feel certain he will have to move and relocate to protect him and his family from additional violence due to "thug" mentality of this group.
Old 10-03-2013, 11:00 AM
Flounder

Cash: 669

If you read more into the story you will see that the guy paralyzed was helping the one that was clipped.
Old 10-03-2013, 11:48 AM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrown View Post
If you read more into the story you will see that the guy paralyzed was helping the one that was clipped.
Sucks to be him is all I can say. If you run with a bunch of thugs you can expect to be treated as one. He cant play the innocent victim after engaging in that kind of activity.
Old 10-03-2013, 11:59 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finfeatherfur View Post
Noticed several things in this video and several LEO website forums are filling with critiques. For clarification, he was on the phone for 7 minutes with 911 before being pulled from SUV and assualted, thus DA will have a hard time getting grand jury to indict driver. Motorcycle riders committed several crimes before incident where he ran over bikes and rider. And, I feel certain he will have to move and relocate to protect him and his family from additional violence due to "thug" mentality of this group.
I'd have more confidence in a positive legal outcome in Louisiana than I would in New York.

None of them have made the national news, but I've had opportunity to review some cases where parents used a vehicle to help get their children out of a threatening situation. I've known cases where the parent driving the vehicle gets charged with a felony even though they managed to completely avoid any physical confrontation and no one was injured.

A lot depends on the details of a state's self-defense laws, the political biases of the prosecutor, and what the prosecutor can find witnesses at the scene to say. With lots of witnesses, indictments are easy to get, because one has a better chance of finding a witness portraying the actions in an unfavorable light to the driver.

No one disagrees that an automobile is a potentially deadly weapon, so the self-defense laws of the state are important. In many states, justification for the use of a deadly weapon does not preclude charging or indicting the user. Police and investigators with certain biases often find it easy enough not to look for exculpatory evidence, and put the full burden of collecting evidence for an affirmative defense on the defendant.

In states with defense laws and prosecutor attitudes that frown on use of firearms in personal defense (or defense of one's children), use of other powerful tools (knives, automobiles, other improvisations) are likely to be frowned on as well. If there is a chance of seating a jury who might be complicit with the mindset that calling 911 and waiting for authorities is always the best answer, proactive defensive measures seem to demonstrate a distrust in the abilities of the government to solve the problem. If any politically incorrect motive can possible be assigned to proactive defensive measures, the pressure to prosecute will be even greater.
Old 10-03-2013, 12:22 PM
Sailfish

Im on my phone and cant post the link but on youtube there is a video entitled "same group of bikers attacking another driver in 2011". If you can post the link please do so or i'll do it this evening. Not sure if its them but from there actions im betting so.
Old 10-03-2013, 01:05 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman1911 View Post
Im on my phone and cant post the link but on youtube there is a video entitled "same group of bikers attacking another driver in 2011". If you can post the link please do so or i'll do it this evening. Not sure if its them but from there actions im betting so.

Complete disregard for law and public safety.
Old 10-03-2013, 01:20 PM
Sailfish

Thanks for the link Marsh. Its sad that this is concidered acceptible behavior by some.