SaltyCajun.com http://www.lmcboats.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-15-2015, 08:27 AM
Purple Back's Avatar
Purple Back Purple Back is offline
Red Snapper
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: BC
Posts: 1,692
Cash: 814
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Bass2mouth View Post
My lady friend and I recently got engaged, the topic of children has been coming up quite often (about 6 times a week from my mother lol), we've mutually decided we will never try for one. Not that we wouldn't love to have one some day, but for fear of putting something that we would potentially care for so much in this s**t show. Most of our friends either are trying, or already have young children. I can't help but feel sorry for their kids, and almost resent them (parents) for being selfish enough to not even think twice about what they are bringing them into. They just decide they want a baby and go for it, never thinking about the actual unborn child itself. They're all great people / parents or I wouldn't be associated with them. I know these kids will have a great upbringing, and for the most part be molded into useful members of society (at least statistically they should, coming from said upbringings). But I can't help thinking of it as anything other than somewhat selfish. I am typically the "negative thinking, worst case scenario" kind of guy, that over analyzes simple tasks and situations though. Could just be me.
We are all called to be salt of the earth my friend, but as we all know, salt can only preserve meat for so long before it finally decays.....

My wife and I have 3 small children and may have more, my mindset being that we (Christians) should do our best to help spread God's word, grow His family and ultimately produce more salt to help this quickly decaying world from falling any faster.....Plus I really love kids......

You and your lady friend should contribute to our team, we will need all the help we can get.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-15-2015, 08:37 AM
marty f marty f is offline
Red Snapper
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: .
Posts: 1,207
Cash: 1,834
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Back View Post
We are all called to be salt of the earth my friend, but as we all know, salt can only preserve meat for so long before it finally decays.....

My wife and I have 3 small children and may have more, my mindset being that we (Christians) should do our best to help spread God's word, grow His family and ultimately produce more salt to help this quickly decaying world from falling any faster.....Plus I really love kids......

You and your lady friend should contribute to our team, we will need all the help we can get.

Just a simple question, do you think the earth is over crowded as it is ?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-14-2015, 08:06 AM
BloodKnot's Avatar
BloodKnot BloodKnot is offline
Trophy Trout
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Hackberry
Posts: 283
Cash: 1,171
Default

My first experience with today's America was about 15 years ago, I was working a summer job in Jackson, MS during my college years. My lunch was a PB sandwich and water. I stopped at a Wal-Mart to use the restroom and get another bottle water. The lady in front of me was buying her lunch with one of those magical government cards. Her lunch was cold snow crab legs. I learned that the system is broke after that instance. You can buy cold seafood such as crawfish, snow crab legs and such as long as it is cooked then chilled.

In summary, I was working in the hot Jackson heat and eating PB sandwich while that b**ch was eating snow crab leg and probably going home to produce more kids so that card balance can grow. It's F'ed up.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-14-2015, 08:15 AM
alphaman's Avatar
alphaman alphaman is offline
Sailfish
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: LAFAYETTE
Posts: 4,079
Cash: 3,860
Default

Other news in Today's America

Today's America you murder 1 kid, you wound 2 others and you get 3 years but suspend all but 13 months 9f the sentence and only half to do 85% of that.

And you may get to do your 8 months at home On a monitor

Last edited by alphaman; 07-14-2015 at 08:31 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-14-2015, 09:11 AM
cajun_poboy's Avatar
cajun_poboy cajun_poboy is offline
Flounder
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Lafayette
Posts: 96
Cash: 834
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaman View Post
Other news in Today's America

Today's America you murder 1 kid, you wound 2 others and you get 3 years but suspend all but 13 months 9f the sentence and only half to do 85% of that.

And you may get to do your 8 months at home On a monitor


Yeah that's a really ff'd up deal.... that judge has had a vacuum between the ears for a long time now.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-14-2015, 02:35 PM
Speck Attack's Avatar
Speck Attack Speck Attack is offline
Tripletail
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 640
Cash: 1,493
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaman View Post
Other news in Today's America

Today's America you murder 1 kid, you wound 2 others and you get 3 years but suspend all but 13 months 9f the sentence and only half to do 85% of that.

And you may get to do your 8 months at home On a monitor
That is correct....and it happen right here in sweet Lafeyette Louisiana....I have seen people get more time for riding "dirty" then this young man received for killing someone...What is the value of life?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-14-2015, 08:42 AM
lilesrt's Avatar
lilesrt lilesrt is offline
Flounder
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lake Charles, LA
Posts: 39
Cash: 796
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty f View Post
Todays America, saw it right in front of me.

Two mid 20s women with 6 crumb snatchers all under 6 between the two. Swipping that damn free food card so fast it had to be melting........

Verbatum ""yo kidz gets uz sum candy or whaeva yo wants, i gots 12dalars on my card left"

After the crumb snatcher distroyed the check out isle of last min crap, she swips that card again, "maam" you have $1.25 left"
"I getz me a coke, gots to get all dats mine"

I turned to the woman behind me that was watching this as well and i said "this is todays America, Im glad someone is enjoying it" she said " yeah and we get to payfor it."

Wonder how Greece is handling being broke............
This nation is a stone's throw away from being a socialistic society. People have bought into the idea that equal opportunity means equal results, which is far from the truth. A little factor such as discipline, determination, and HARD WORK play key roles in achieving the "American Dream". Most "have nots" in today's society choose their path in life.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-14-2015, 09:23 AM
Pull n Pray's Avatar
Pull n Pray Pull n Pray is offline
Redfish
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Lake charles
Posts: 230
Cash: 1,028
Default

I was behind a woman at Walgreens and she bought 2 16oz redbulls. The total was $9 and she paid for it with an EBT card. You are supposed to be poor why are you drinking $4 redbulls instead of tap water. That's what I do. You should only be able to buy the essentials bread, meat, cheese, rice, milk etc. Not soft drinks and candy bars.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-14-2015, 10:19 AM
lsuriot lsuriot is offline
Flounder
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lafayette
Posts: 37
Cash: 834
Default

Follow the money! Don't get mad at the "swipers" their just a "cog in the machine." Who actually profits from this money?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-14-2015, 02:02 PM
keakar's Avatar
keakar keakar is offline
Red Snapper
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Laplace
Posts: 1,869
Cash: 1,952
Default

sad to say but its too late to save America, the water is coming over the top of the transom so grabbing a bailing bucket is useless at this point.

there are more voters receiving a government check to not work then there are hard working tax payer voters who actually still vote, so nothing will ever change, it will only get worse.

even those who want to vote to restore this great country get left with the likes of john mcain or mit Romney, both big government rhinos, not conservatives, so people who can make a difference decide to just stay home because no one who represents their views on what needs to be done is there to vote for. this is done on purpose and not by accident.

add to that the queen of socialist progressive party, Hilary Clinton, is being beat in the polls by a guy who announced he was a proud strict hardline socialist "his own words" so that tells you where we are in America today.

there are no more then a dozen small government conservatives left in congress at best, and none of them have positions of power.

you know its a shame, but if iran blew up a nuke in Washington, they would be saving America, not attacking it. then we could start over new with politicians who represented the people who voted for them like it used to be 50 years ago.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07-14-2015, 02:04 PM
Andy C Andy C is offline
Red Snapper
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cameron, tx/Hackberry
Posts: 1,544
Cash: 4,026
Default

I seen this last Sunday with my gf. At walmart(witch I don't go to unless I have to) two of the ,(card carry an woman) both 350 plus fighting over the electric carts cause they needed one. They waddled there way from the parking lot fine!! I understand sometimes people need a little help and don't mind that. But pass a drug test,walk at the store and don't buy whatever your card gets your fat aeds!! I am 6'1 260 but payed and walked every bite of food that's ever been in my mouth!!

Sitting in a tractor now helping to feed them dumb asdss that don't know where or what it takes to get food to there mouths!!!

Off my box now yall have a good day, hope to see and meet each and everyone of yall on the 1st.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-14-2015, 04:14 PM
simplepeddler's Avatar
simplepeddler simplepeddler is offline
Ling
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: saint amant
Posts: 3,421
Cash: 1,684
Default

Donald is the answer
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-14-2015, 05:23 PM
southern151's Avatar
southern151 southern151 is offline
Blue Marlin
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Gonzales
Posts: 8,705
Cash: 3,646
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplepeddler View Post
Donald is the answer
I'm really starting to like the Trump/Carson tune...I know that they haven't said anything about it but, the two could work very well together on many aspects of what is so wrong with our country today.

At this point, I feel terrible for what my kids will see in their lifetime. I would almost rather make them swipers so that they don't grow up working themselves to death to not have anything left! <<Of course, I doubt that will be the case. Who knows, maybe I'll be able to teach them to rack up a lot of $, rat hole every dime they can and spool out to Costa Rica at a reasonably young age.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-14-2015, 11:57 PM
mriguy's Avatar
mriguy mriguy is offline
Sailfish
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Barber Spur, LA
Posts: 5,007
Cash: 5,300
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern151 View Post
I'm really starting to like the Trump/Carson tune...I know that they haven't said anything about it but, the two could work very well together on many aspects of what is so wrong with our country today.

At this point, I feel terrible for what my kids will see in their lifetime. I would almost rather make them swipers so that they don't grow up working themselves to death to not have anything left! <<Of course, I doubt that will be the case. Who knows, maybe I'll be able to teach them to rack up a lot of $, rat hole every dime they can and spool out to Costa Rica at a reasonably young age.
Costa Rica is going to get crowded
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-15-2015, 03:07 AM
MathGeek's Avatar
MathGeek MathGeek is offline
King Mackeral
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Posts: 2,931
Cash: 4,552
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mriguy View Post
Costa Rica is going to get crowded
Yep. Looking that way.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 07-15-2015, 08:15 AM
southern151's Avatar
southern151 southern151 is offline
Blue Marlin
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Gonzales
Posts: 8,705
Cash: 3,646
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mriguy View Post
Costa Rica is going to get crowded
Yeah but, hopefully with a bunch of like-minded people!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 07-15-2015, 09:26 AM
simplepeddler's Avatar
simplepeddler simplepeddler is offline
Ling
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: saint amant
Posts: 3,421
Cash: 1,684
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern151 View Post
I'm really starting to like the Trump/Carson tune...I know that they haven't said anything about it but, the two could work very well together on many aspects of what is so wrong with our country today.

At this point, I feel terrible for what my kids will see in their lifetime. I would almost rather make them swipers so that they don't grow up working themselves to death to not have anything left! <<Of course, I doubt that will be the case. Who knows, maybe I'll be able to teach them to rack up a lot of $, rat hole every dime they can and spool out to Costa Rica at a reasonably young age.
I really believe he may be the candle that curses the darkness for a while.
We could use a third party for sure.

and, regardless of the country, I see American's living abroad becoming a big deal...........for me, it would be Dominican or even a USVI, but somewhere I can not deal with stupidty and polictical correctness..........I have no problem helping poor folk, in fact I feel good about doing so.

Challenge is...........politics has blurred he lines for those that really need help.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 07-15-2015, 08:46 AM
Spunt Drag's Avatar
Spunt Drag Spunt Drag is offline
Red Snapper
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: SWLA
Posts: 1,611
Cash: -747,300
Default

The biggest problem is these blood sucking freeloaders on this site who won't go
Premium and help support it. They just take their handout and think nothing is wrong.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 07-15-2015, 09:23 AM
mriguy's Avatar
mriguy mriguy is offline
Sailfish
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Barber Spur, LA
Posts: 5,007
Cash: 5,300
Default

^^^Lol!!!^^^
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 07-15-2015, 10:41 AM
jpd0144's Avatar
jpd0144 jpd0144 is offline
Tripletail
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Kinder, La.
Posts: 551
Cash: 1,097
Default

I guess after reading some of the responses I'm sure some would deem me a "contributor" to some of America's problems.

After all ... I couldn't possibly be a good person for having 3 kids that I love dearly. Add to the fact they are a from a broken home. There is just no way according to here that they can be respectable, Godly, hard working Americans that earn what is theirs even at a young age. Guess this means they will automatically be a "swiper" some day ...

Its not the Kids ! ...

Its the darn parents who blame everyone but their own self for their kids not being good people. If parents would be more of a part of their kids lives and actually raise them. Show them right from wrong. Teach them pride, dignity, work ethics, respect, and for every action you do in life there is a reaction so think before you do. Don't always spoil them and teach them that not everything in life is free you have to earn it !

We (America) wouldn't be in this situation with all the "swipers" if there were TRUE parent out there raising their kids ...

We as parents need to look in the mirror before blaming the kids.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:26 AM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007 - 2008, PixelFX Studios
SaltyCajun.com logo provided by Bryce Risher

All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted
Geo Visitors Map