SaltyCajun.com http://www.ccastar.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hobby Forums > The Trading Floor (Investing, Stocks, Bonds)

The Trading Floor (Investing, Stocks, Bonds) Discuss investing and investments here! Do your own due diligence before investing. We are not responsible for any advice or recommendations within this forum!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-17-2010, 03:31 PM
catch.and.fillet's Avatar
catch.and.fillet catch.and.fillet is offline
Tripletail
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Margaritaville
Posts: 644
Cash: 2,744
Default

I would prefer a balance between paying debts and investing for income and investing period. Pay $33,000 toward your highest interest loans (Credit card, car note, boat note, house note, probly in that order), put $33,000 in an investment that immediately pays something back (rental property balancing rent against note or a business), put balance in long term blue chips and bonds.

Only adjustment is to get those ccards, car notes, and boat notes paid off whatever the amount ASAP - those are depreciating assets.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-17-2010, 03:41 PM
Ray's Avatar
Ray Ray is offline
Great White
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: House
Posts: 10,432
Cash: 1,317
Default

I keep a zero balance on credit cards.
I just have 2 notes and a utilities/insurance bills.
Plus living expenses.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-19-2010, 09:21 AM
cmdrost's Avatar
cmdrost cmdrost is offline
Red Snapper
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lake Charles via Choupique Bayou
Posts: 1,665
Cash: 963
Default

as you can see by this....everyone is different. We all have diff wants & needs financially. To the OP, you need to sit down and see whats important and what YOU want to do. Then go talk with a qualified professional. my 2 cents.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-19-2010, 02:19 PM
swamp snorkler's Avatar
swamp snorkler swamp snorkler is offline
Swordfish
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Raceland
Posts: 6,732
Cash: 3,580
Default

Drost, you have mail
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-22-2010, 08:19 PM
simplepeddler's Avatar
simplepeddler simplepeddler is offline
Ling
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: saint amant
Posts: 3,421
Cash: 1,684
Default

Dude seems like I have tried that already!!! LOL
I would like to know how much I have spent on adult beverage and mood altering substances over the years .............
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-22-2010, 08:21 PM
fishinpox's Avatar
fishinpox fishinpox is offline
Blue Marlin
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: baton rouge
Posts: 8,470
Cash: 5,466
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplepeddler View Post
Dude seems like I have tried that already!!! LOL
I would like to know how much I have spent on adult beverage and mood altering substances over the years .............
thats why i quit all that **** total waste of money!! now i spend all what used to be my beer money on fishing tackle!!!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-22-2010, 08:54 PM
meaux fishing's Avatar
meaux fishing meaux fishing is offline
Great White
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Meaux
Posts: 12,531
Cash: 22,643
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishinpox View Post
thats why i quit all that **** total waste of money!! now i spend all what used to be my beer money on fishing tackle!!!
x2
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-22-2010, 08:53 PM
meaux fishing's Avatar
meaux fishing meaux fishing is offline
Great White
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Meaux
Posts: 12,531
Cash: 22,643
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplepeddler View Post
Dude seems like I have tried that already!!! LOL
I would like to know how much I have spent on adult beverage and mood altering substances over the years .............
I could have bought a couple of those Yellowfins Bruce was talking about and gas for em
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-22-2010, 09:56 PM
simplepeddler's Avatar
simplepeddler simplepeddler is offline
Ling
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: saint amant
Posts: 3,421
Cash: 1,684
Default

Well .....I am not sure it was a TOTAL WASTE of money.......
some memories are just flippin worth it!!!


Like last time,,,,,I was convinced we where lost at the corner of "Walk and DON't Walk"

lol
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-17-2010, 11:13 PM
coachlaw's Avatar
coachlaw coachlaw is offline
Tripletail
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Angleton, TX, C.S.A.
Posts: 536
Cash: 747
Default

I'd pay off my casa and deck Blockade Runners out like no fishin' camp you've ever seen. Then I'd go on a trip to Anegada in the British Virgin Islands. Money's no good if you're not spending it. The way our government is printing it, you might be better off converting it to Euros right away.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-07-2010, 04:51 PM
eman eman is offline
Swordfish
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Baton Rouge
Posts: 6,033
Cash: 656
Default one word

GOLD!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-16-2010, 03:23 PM
Reel Bender's Avatar
Reel Bender Reel Bender is offline
Red Snapper
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Tx Gulf Coast
Posts: 1,771
Cash: 750
Default

Especially, after you consider how much that house cost you if you pay it off in 20-30 years.

Used to it was a tax advantage but not so much anymore. I could'nt deduct my interest so why pay the interest.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-16-2010, 06:57 PM
simplepeddler's Avatar
simplepeddler simplepeddler is offline
Ling
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: saint amant
Posts: 3,421
Cash: 1,684
Default why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reel Bender View Post
Especially, after you consider how much that house cost you if you pay it off in 20-30 years.

Used to it was a tax advantage but not so much anymore. I could'nt deduct my interest so why pay the interest.
why can't you deduct interest?
An I missing something bender??

It's the only deduction I have
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:46 AM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007 - 2008, PixelFX Studios
SaltyCajun.com logo provided by Bryce Risher

All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted
Geo Visitors Map