SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlesurgentcare.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-06-2012, 01:46 PM
KDM's Avatar
KDM KDM is offline
Redfish
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Lake Charles, LA
Posts: 220
Cash: 1,832
Default

I think RatDog is back!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-06-2012, 01:49 PM
Lake Chuck Duck's Avatar
Lake Chuck Duck Lake Chuck Duck is offline
Swordfish
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Lake Chuck
Posts: 5,810
Cash: 10,292
Default

Nah man dat's Joe Dirt!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-06-2012, 02:14 PM
Smoke Shack BBQ Smoke Shack BBQ is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: River Ridge
Posts: 52
Default

Is this queer? This queer? Joe Dirt is a classic.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-06-2012, 02:16 PM
mcjaredsandwich's Avatar
mcjaredsandwich mcjaredsandwich is offline
Sailfish
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tx
Posts: 5,366
Cash: 926
Default

you like to see homos naked?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-06-2012, 02:28 PM
eman eman is offline
Swordfish
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Baton Rouge
Posts: 6,033
Cash: 656
Default

Uhhhh ,W, i'm going to give you one piece of advice just to keep you from spending wasted $$$.
LDWF and The LWFC are two different entities . LWFC is the one who voted in the change. LDWF is the one who provided the biologist that LWFC wouldn't listen to.
Your shirts have the wrong info on who to contact.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-06-2012, 04:31 PM
"W"'s Avatar
"W" "W" is offline
Catch fish in DA face!!
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Big Lake LA
Posts: 32,974
Cash: 7,929
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
Uhhhh ,W, i'm going to give you one piece of advice just to keep you from spending wasted $$$.
LDWF and The LWFC are two different entities . LWFC is the one who voted in the change. LDWF is the one who provided the biologist that LWFC wouldn't listen to.
Your shirts have the wrong info on who to contact.
What is a contact ...number ,email???
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-07-2012, 06:15 PM
matt wahl's Avatar
matt wahl matt wahl is offline
Redfish
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Westlake
Posts: 223
Cash: 795
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
What is a contact ...number ,email???
If your serious about this , make a website with information then put the web address on the shirts.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-06-2012, 02:32 PM
eman eman is offline
Swordfish
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Baton Rouge
Posts: 6,033
Cash: 656
Default

W guess what? The LWFC is meeting tomorrow! these are the folks you have to convince. here is the meeting schedule.
LWF Commission meeting agenda for June
The next regular Commission Meeting will be held at 9:30 AM on Thursday, June 7, 2012, in the Louisiana Room at the Wildlife and Fisheries Building, 2000 Quail Drive, Baton Rouge, LA.

The following items will be discussed:

1. Roll Call

2. Approval of Minutes of May 3, 2012

3. Commission Special Announcements/Personal Privilege

4. To hear Enforcement & Aviation Reports/May

5. To receive general information on Upcoming 2012 Wild Turkey Season and Regulations Recommendations

6. To hear Presentation on Zones/Splits Alternatives for the 2012-2015 Seasons

7. To hear Breeding Waterfowl Proposal Presentation from Delta Waterfowl

8. To hear Breeding Waterfowl Proposal Presentation from Ducks Unlimited

9. To hear Breeding Waterfowl Proposal Presentation from Save the Hens Foundation

10. To consider a notice of intent for consistent yo-yo’s and trotlines regulations in Black Lake, Clear Lake and Prairie Lake (Nat****oches Parish), Caddo Lake (Caddo Parish), Chicot Lake (Evangeline Parish), D'Arbonne Lake (Union Parish), and Lake St. Joseph (Tensas Parish), Louisiana

11. To consider the final rule to Establish an Offshore Landing Permit

12. To consider the final rule to Establish Reporting Requirements for Recreationally Harvested Yellowfin Tuna

13. To implement the Louisiana Offshore Boundary for the Regulation of Fisheries Resources as Enacted by Act 336 of the 2011 Legislative Session

14. Set October 2012 Meeting Date

15. Receive Public Comments (This is where you can ask to get your item placed on the agenda for next months meeting)

16. Adjournment
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-06-2012, 04:32 PM
Short_Shaft Short_Shaft is offline
Sand Trout
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Lake Charles
Posts: 9
Cash: 762
Default

Just read some of this and to be honest I was quite impressed. I've learned that because I am a productive member of society with a full time job that I know nothing about fishing. I've learned that because I also have a desk at this job I have no right to discuss fishing ever for any reason. Nice..

Here's my opinion who cares? The average weekend fisherman can't catch 15 fish much less 25 and I hate to break it to those of you that spend all this time on the water you don't catch enough to affect the population either. While you can control the population of a pond by fishing to some extent this isn't a pond. It's a lake with a river that is connected to the gulf of mexico. Ever heard the phrase pissing in the ocean waiting on the level to rise. Good luck.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-06-2012, 04:37 PM
mriguy's Avatar
mriguy mriguy is offline
Sailfish
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Barber Spur, LA
Posts: 5,007
Cash: 5,300
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Short_Shaft View Post
Just read some of this and to be honest I was quite impressed. I've learned that because I am a productive member of society with a full time job that I know nothing about fishing. I've learned that because I also have a desk at this job I have no right to discuss fishing ever for any reason. Nice..

Here's my opinion who cares? The average weekend fisherman can't catch 15 fish much less 25 and I hate to break it to those of you that spend all this time on the water you don't catch enough to affect the population either. While you can control the population of a pond by fishing to some extent this isn't a pond. It's a lake with a river that is connected to the gulf of mexico. Ever heard the phrase pissing in the ocean waiting on the level to rise. Good luck.
^^^^This^^^^
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06-07-2012, 06:26 AM
"W"'s Avatar
"W" "W" is offline
Catch fish in DA face!!
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Big Lake LA
Posts: 32,974
Cash: 7,929
Default

MathGeek...no drum in my boat....lol ....don't even think about it.....
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-07-2012, 06:36 AM
jdm4x43732's Avatar
jdm4x43732 jdm4x43732 is offline
Red Snapper
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Crowley, Louisiana
Posts: 1,881
Cash: 3,242
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
MathGeek...no drum in my boat....lol ....don't even think about it WE TARGET GAFF TOP EXCLUSIVELY, WITH THE OCCASIONAL SHEEP HEAD.....
.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-07-2012, 06:44 AM
MathGeek's Avatar
MathGeek MathGeek is offline
King Mackeral
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Posts: 2,931
Cash: 4,552
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm4x43732 View Post
Originally Posted by "W"
MathGeek...no drum in my boat....lol ....don't even think about it WE TARGET GAFF TOP EXCLUSIVELY, WITH THE OCCASIONAL SHEEP HEAD.....
.
Great, I love gafftops. And I hope you have a big ice chest because I catch a lot of hardheads too.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-07-2012, 06:42 AM
MathGeek's Avatar
MathGeek MathGeek is offline
King Mackeral
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Posts: 2,931
Cash: 4,552
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
MathGeek...no drum in my boat....lol ....don't even think about it.....
Our focus will be on specks this trip, as I am hoping to learn a lot and come up the learning curve on the more practical aspects of the spotted seatrout in the Calcasieu estuary. I don't see fishing a lot of crab on the bottom, especially when a guest on a boat with other priorities.

However, if a boat wants to chase bull redfish and drum, I'll bring the crab. My wife has talked me into leaving the boat in Colorado to save on trip expenses, because she overspent a tad on plane tickets to get our children to their grandparents' home in NC, who they haven't seen much in several years.

If anyone is willing to take the MathGeek fishing, I'm available from 12 June until the week of 24 June. Of course, I'll pitch in for gas and bait and work hard to be the best guest who has ever stepped foot on your boat.

Last year, we caught all our drum in Leeville and Belle Pass. The drum in Calcasieu skunked us, but the redfish treated us well.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-07-2012, 10:34 AM
SaltERedneck's Avatar
SaltERedneck SaltERedneck is offline
Sailfish
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Lake Charles
Posts: 5,165
Cash: 9,230
Default

some good stuff on this thread.... keep it coming
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 06-07-2012, 01:03 PM
FREON FREON is offline
Tripletail
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Corpus Christi, Texas
Posts: 546
Cash: 733
Default

Plain and simple----There is no better body of water for big trout on the entire Gulf Coast from Brownsville to the Florida Keys than Baffin.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 06-07-2012, 03:32 PM
YellowMouth7's Avatar
YellowMouth7 YellowMouth7 is offline
King Mackeral
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Lafayette, La
Posts: 2,339
Cash: 3,507
Default

I just wanted to say Hi....I have not jumped in this thread yet so here I am.

:-)
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 06-07-2012, 05:42 PM
"W"'s Avatar
"W" "W" is offline
Catch fish in DA face!!
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Big Lake LA
Posts: 32,974
Cash: 7,929
Default

So...I have revived plenty of emails back with response ...looks like every one but one person agrees with going back to 25


I also did not know but some people are actually working as we speak on the same thing we talked about....

So we might get our 25 before long

I think for sure you will see the 2-25inch slot go away..... This is not holding water from what I'm being told and could be gone with in the year
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 06-07-2012, 06:09 PM
eman eman is offline
Swordfish
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Baton Rouge
Posts: 6,033
Cash: 656
Default

Did you go to the LWFC meeting and request it be put on the agenda?
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 06-07-2012, 06:28 PM
swamp snorkler's Avatar
swamp snorkler swamp snorkler is offline
Swordfish
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Raceland
Posts: 6,732
Cash: 3,580
Default

[/QUOTE]
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:05 PM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007 - 2008, PixelFX Studios
SaltyCajun.com logo provided by Bryce Risher

All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted
Geo Visitors Map