SaltyCajun.com https://www.facebook.com/CajunTackle

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 08-01-2012, 05:53 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 460

I just saw on the news that the muppets owner pulled all his toys out of chik fil a stores and donated all the money from cfa to a gay pride organization. My child will never ever watch a muppet movie or have a muppet toy.
Old 08-01-2012, 05:55 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 714

Muppets are gay anyway
Old 08-01-2012, 06:00 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

Quote:
Originally Posted by redaddiction View Post
They've fired up conservative America. .
This is exactly what needed to happen. I have no problem with the gay "community." What I have a problem with is that they feel that they are the only people who need to be protected! The founder of CFA made a statement on HIS beliefs. WT heck is wrong with that aside from some politicians and special interest groups trying to strongarm him? Well, as silly as this whole dispute is, the strongarm failed! I think that, at least for now, the silent majority is saying, "Enough is enough."

Although I didn't stand in line for 3 hours today to get a meal, I do support the right to free speech on behalf of CFA and even the MORONS who thought that boycotting them would hurt!

THIS IS STILL AMERICA!
Old 08-01-2012, 06:01 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,329

I would personally like to thank the Gay men of America for leaving more vagina for me!
Old 08-01-2012, 06:08 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,604

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern151 View Post
This is exactly what needed to happen. I have no problem with the gay "community." What I have a problem with is that they feel that they are the only people who need to be protected! The founder of CFA made a statement on HIS beliefs. WT heck is wrong with that aside from some politicians and special interest groups trying to strongarm him? Well, as silly as this whole dispute is, the strongarm failed! I think that, at least for now, the silent majority is saying, "Enough is enough."

Although I didn't stand in line for 3 hours today to get a meal, I do support the right to free speech on behalf of CFA and even the MORONS who thought that boycotting them would hurt!

THIS IS STILL AMERICA!
I agree whole heartedly with you. I could care less about someone's race, creed, religion, sexual orientation, etc. But what I do care about are "special interests" groups bit#$*& about everything. Mr. Cathy has a business and he expressed a view - if you don't like it, don't eat there! What a simple concept.

And, whether you agree with him or not, Mr. Cathy operates an extremely successful business by standing by his values and not opening on Sunday. As they say, you've got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Old 08-01-2012, 06:16 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterisk-Rich View Post
I would personally like to thank the Gay men of America for leaving more vagina for me!
Amen to that too! I don't personally have anything against gay people but I don't think it's right for someone to tell that man his business is not welcome there because he doesn't agree with same sex marriage. If you went to work one day and told a coworker that you didn't agree with same sex marriage and you affended them, you could go to work the next day and be fired! I have heard of it happening to someone. They would much rather let you go then get sued by the coworker for not taking action.
Old 08-01-2012, 06:50 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 4,521

I think it's great that Mr Cathy stood up for what he believes!! Hope the conservatives turn out to vote in Nov. if we don't win this election we probably won't ever win again. When 50 0/0 of the population doesn't pay any taxes they can vote for those who will raise taxes on those of us that work for a living. Scary thought that they can out vote us but that's what this country is heading for!!!!
Old 08-01-2012, 06:55 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,550

Unfortunately we dont have a candidate strong enough to turn anyone back from the dark side of the force.....
Old 08-01-2012, 07:08 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,503

http://www.break.com/index/does-anto...-sense-2353417

w its ya boi
Old 08-01-2012, 07:38 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,781

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Flounder View Post
Amen to that too! I don't personally have anything against gay people but I don't think it's right for someone to tell that man his business is not welcome there because he doesn't agree with same sex marriage. If you went to work one day and told a coworker that you didn't agree with same sex marriage and you affended them, you could go to work the next day and be fired! I have heard of it happening to someone. They would much rather let you go then get sued by the coworker for not taking action.

Agreed. I could care less what someone does on there own time and who they do it with. I don't, however, think same sex marriage should be recognized as a sacrament of the church
Old 08-01-2012, 08:23 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 602613_10151125189242442_1288581656_n.jpg (23.4 KB, 151 views)
Old 08-01-2012, 08:31 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by flounder_smacker View Post
He actually said something that made sense!
Old 08-01-2012, 08:35 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,040

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedatiger View Post
I agree whole heartedly with you. I could care less about someone's race, creed, religion, sexual orientation, etc. But what I do care about are "special interests" groups bit#$*& about everything. Mr. Cathy has a business and he expressed a view - if you don't like it, don't eat there! What a simple concept.

And, whether you agree with him or not, Mr. Cathy operates an extremely successful business by standing by his values and not opening on Sunday. As they say, you've got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
X2
Amen and "Eat Mor Chikin" if that's what you want!!
Old 08-01-2012, 08:35 PM
Ling

Cash: 8,577

Adam and Eve............not...........Adam and Steve.......just saying...
Old 08-01-2012, 08:58 PM
Redfish

Cash: 1,170

Quote:
Originally Posted by getonfish View Post
Gays want to ***** about there rights and free speech and anything else they can get away with. They should be happy that an American company is actually standing up for what they believe in regardless of whether or not it agrees with what they believe. These are the kind of morals this country was founded on. if more companies would come out and do this the United States may start to get itself back on track.

Well that and getting a leader in the White House that believes in the need and power of small business and the middle class.
Well put!!!!!!
Old 08-01-2012, 09:11 PM
Redfish

Cash: 1,170

You lead by example, Chick Fila is setting the pace .... Just Saying
Old 08-01-2012, 10:22 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,128

Quote:
Originally Posted by fun w son View Post
i just hope all these people in line today are registered votes and remember this in november!
X2. I hope all of US remember also.
Old 08-01-2012, 10:35 PM
Redfish

Cash: 692

From now on when u see a quir just b##ch slap em
Old 08-01-2012, 10:57 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 460

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcnabb View Post
Agreed. I could care less what someone does on there own time and who they do it with. I don't, however, think same sex marriage should be recognized as a sacrament of the church
With today's society I don't like to use the word "never" but I don't think you have to ever worry about gay marriage as a sacrament.
Old 08-01-2012, 11:09 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,781

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Dawg View Post
With today's society I don't like to use the word "never" but I don't think you have to ever worry about gay marriage as a sacrament.
Yea I would hate to say "never" too, but I agree about it probably not being recognized as a sacrament. The catholic church is pretty traditional, and I hear a lot of criticism bc of that. But that's a whole 'nother issue I really don't care to discuss over the Internet.